Wordle - Quordle Thread

Kicking off bank holiday weekend with a 3 for Wordle, a 7, 3, 8, 4 for a Quordle 22, and a 52 on Octordle. Comes to a total of 77.

An unusual Octordle where my first word hit 4 greens on one word, but no definite answer to it from all the other words and ended up having to guess it for the last line.

Sorry Mikey, but I can't rescue you today, much as I expected to be keeping the spoon, I did just scrape through Octordle by the skin of my teeth. I had a similar problem Rob as I got 3 green with my first word in Octordle and the fourth was really obvious. It was soooo tempting to start guessing the remaining letter but too many options, so I was very disciplined and left it and thankfully it solved itself in the end but only right at the end when lives were running out.

Wordle in 4
Quordle 5 8 9 7 = 29.... for the second day in a row!
Octordle for 66

Looks like an ice cream for me today. ie. a 99

Started off neck and neck with Mike, and just behind Rob, but got bogged down in Octordle after an early wrong guess, and was closer to Barbara on that.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 4,7,5,6 = 22
Octordle in 65
Total 91.

Struggled on both Quordle and Octordle today wrong slotting wherever possible with bizarre words! Opps. hope that is not a clue to @rebrascora and @Robin !

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 25 (7, 8. 4. 6)
Octordle to the wire for 72

Total Score 101!

Didn't see your comment Mikey until after I had completed them which is a shame as I could have done with some help. Struggled through with a life left in each puzzle....

Wordle in 5
Quordle 7 5 6 8 = 26
Octordle for 64

Total = 95

I did look at comments above before I did Octordle, because I wasn’t sure I was going to have time for it. So I played it ultra conservatively and managed it, but didn’t get a distinguished score on any of them!
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 6,8,4,5 = 23
Octordle in 68
Total 95, tying with @rebrascora .

Didn't see your comment Mikey until after I had completed them which is a shame as I could have done with some help. Struggled through with a life left in each puzzle....

Wordle in 5
Quordle 7 5 6 8 = 26
Octordle for 64

Total = 95

Looks like I could be in the kitchen. Maybe with an egg theme! I used to occasionally visit a restaurant off Fleet Street when I worked in Chicanery Lane. The chef's speciality started was scotch egg with a warm runny yolk. Real MasterChef stuff! 🙂

Strange - was hung!

Some tricky bits today I think. For me it's a 5 for Wordle and a 5, 7, 4, 6 for a Quordle 22. 52 on Octordle after the last word 50/50 went the wrong way for me. Comes out as a 79.

Not a great start - more Mikey in the Middle! Will leave Octordle until I am fresher...

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 23 (4, 6, 5, 8)

Running Total 27

And Octordle in 11 for 60

Grand Total 87! But will it avoid the Spoon of Wood? I already has the Golden Egg!

Last edited:
Don't worry, I'll save you Mikey....

Wordle in 5
Quordle 5 7 6 3 = 21
Octordle = DNF

Middling as usual, both Quordle and Octordle saw me with a last word to get and hardly anything towards it. Quordle took me my remaining three goes to guess it, Octordle I was luckier.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 3,9,4,6 = 22
Octordle in 59
Total 86

Good, bad, good for me today. Started with a 3 on Wordle before making all sorts of mistakes on Quordle ending with needing to use an elimination word to ensure I finished it. That came out as a 3, 9, 7, 6 for 25. Ended with a nice clean 52 on Octordle for a total of 80.

Some really tricky words today. An achievement to finish them all I think!

Wordle in 5
Quordle to the wire for 29 (7, 9, 5, 8)
Octordle in 12 for 68

Total Score 102! Might be Spoon of Wood but might not!

Going for bust on Weekly Challenge with ASTRO!

Just saw @Rob Oldfield 's Octordle score - how did I go so wrong?! :(

It may be Android 14 as besides Wordle it has issues with Libre 2!

Last edited:
Back