Wordle - Quordle Thread

Woken by phantom pain. Pain, no gain! :( So after strong painkiller and cuppa started Wordles!

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 24 (4, 5, 7, 8)

Does @rebrascora 's starter word hold a clue as I need 45! Think it's bed now as pain killer kicking it only four's sleep kicking in! (Zzzzzzz emoji

I tried but only (!) got a 56 which any other day would have given me a chance! :(

Total Score 84!

Normal service has resumed today and Rob can have his gold star back....

Wordle in 4
Quordle 3 8 7 6 = 24
Octordle for 56..... I had 4 options left for the last word and thankfully 4 lives but got it with the 3rd.

Total for the day is a very mediocre 84.

Well time to stop the nail biting the or is it biting? :(

Not scoring at two goes @Rob Oldfield was out of reach. Then a straight run 3 thru 8 before bogging down. Yesterday a professional used an unprofessional word in an email soo I chucked it in and Bob was my uncle (actually my uncle is not called Bob) for 54!

Total Score 82! Sorry @rebrascora !

As you know, I’m trying just to do these puzzles for myself, in a non competitive way…but sometimes I just have to show solidarity with @rebrascora,
wordle in 3
Quordle in 7,3,6,5 = 21
Octordle in 60
Total 84.

Not a good start nearly breaking my streak - Wordle in 6. Alot of ground to make up here. Where's my four leaf clover, rabbi's foot and horseshoe (mind you not convinced by latter as @rebrascora has a few!).

Quordle not much better! In 8 for 22 (7, 3, 4, 8)!

Heading for a 90+ so bed first then a caffeine infusion!

Last edited:
Late night for me as we went to see 10CC at the Sage in Gateshead. They were absolutely phenomenal, vocally and musicianship..... really really excellent. It is the second time I have seen them and for me their performance comes second only to Queen! Had GGs to feed and muck out when I got back but we were stuck in the car park for absolutely ages waiting to get out due to traffic.
Anyway, just attempted the puzzles and I am through them all safe and sound and believe it or not I got another 2 in Quordle when I only had one green letter from my opening word..... I am certainly getting more than my share of luck just recently...

Wordle in 4
Quordle 6 2 5 7 = 20
Octordle in 65

Total for the day is an unremarkable 89

Not a good start nearly breaking my streak - Wordle in 6. Alot of ground to make up here. Where's my four leaf clover, rabbi's foot and horseshoe (mind you not convinced by latter as @rebrascora has a few!).

Quordle not much better! In 8 for 22 (7, 3, 4, 8)!

Heading for a 90+ so bed first then a caffeine infusion!

And it's Octordle in 12 for 61

Total Score 89! Think it is the Spoon of Wood for me! :(

And it's Octordle in 12 for 61

Total Score 89! Think it is the Spoon of Wood for me! :(
Mikey, you can take comfort that you are in the kitchen sharing it with me again.

Well how did I miss that?

Let's go with Magic then.

Tried a few practice games . Neither fantastic nor brilliant but will depend on tomorrow's words. Will probably be late as bed soon for early doors podiatry as they could not do the usual Wednesday. Dislike Mondays as Patient Transport seems to usually be hit by absenteeism! :(

Completed everything but not impressively so ....

Wordle in 3
Quordle 3 4 5 7 = 19
Octordle for 66

Total for today = 88

Weekly Challenge using MAGIC 7 9 6 3 = 25

Starting words seemed less than keen to pick up letters in the answers today, and made a couple of mistakes. That led to a Wordle 4, a Quordle 4, 5, 8, 6 for 23, and a 59 on Octordle making a total of 86.

Was picked up really early and arrived to a deserted waiting area! Fortunately kindly reception staff got me a coffee and I got seen almost immediately. Now Patient Transport say by their estimates I won't be ready for a while yet but they are estimating on booked time and ignoring they got me here early! The good thing is I have had the dressing changed. May be a long day?!

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 23 (6, 5, 8, 4)

Running Total 27 which puts everyone in reach! :rofl:

Back