Wordle - Quordle Thread

Morning folks!
Starting the ball rolling today with....

Wordle in 4 .... yet again!
Quordle to the wire with 9 7 3 5 = 24
Octordle for 59.... I abandoned my usual hard mode approach which enabled me to get a better score.

Total for the day = 87

Ambulance finally arrived 11:10 after being told in was on its way and had left X at 9:50 am. It's about a 25 (15 minutes in my Triton days) minute journey. I asked the crew why it took so long and it turned out they had to go via Y nearly equidistant in the opposite directly. Have been seen but no appointments available in three weeks time for weekly dressings change! That's worrying after last district nurse doing it incorrectly! :(

Well first today. No nasties just a few awkward words.

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8 for 22 (8, 6, 5, 3)
Octordle in 11 for 58

Total Score 83! The question is will horsey @rebrascora , the dark horse, come from behind or reclaim the Spoon of Wood?

Hopefully I can get a few more ZZZzzzzzzz...s now!

@MikeyBikey It it going to be a photo finish I think.....

Wordle in 4
Quordle 7 5 3 4 = 19
Octordle for 60

Total for the day = 83

Do you want to have a playoff with Sequential Octordle or are you happy to share the spoon today? I am not holding out any hope that we will have beaten Rob! 🙄

And the result is..... <cue the drum roll and ominous music>.....

A tricky Octordle but a couple of 50/50s went my way leaving me with a 57. So that's 83 and a three way tie for both first and last!

I've checked with the international rules committee and they say that in this situation you should hide the wooden spoon under the sofa.

@Robin.... we need you back here to resolve this very shocking situation.... Surely we can't have a 4 way tie! .... No pressure.... it should be just a very straightforward win or lose situation! 😉

Oh in that case I think I should swan in and swipe the wooden spoon,@rebrascora . Didn’t think I’d done badly this morning, but am just behind you lot.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8,7,4,3 = 22
Octordle in 61
Total 87.

Oh in that case I think I should swan in and swipe the wooden spoon,@rebrascora . Didn’t think I’d done badly this morning, but am just behind you lot.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8,7,4,3 = 22
Octordle in 61
Total 87.

Oh no! I felt sure you would come and snatch glory!

All I can say is that this was @Rob Oldfield's one chance to win the wooden spoon.... or at least shares in it.... and he couldn't even manage that! 🙄

Got worried as after two goes only had two letters in Wordle and unusually a clean sweep on my first but fortuneate;y Word 3 came good. Found Octordle rather tricky this morning.

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 21 (8, 4, 6, 3)
Octordle in 12 for 62

Total Score 87!

Think I am very safe to claim the spoon today!

Wordle in 4 .... I also got nothing from my first word. Thought I had it at 3 but one letter amiss.
Quordle I squeaked through by skin of teeth because I played hard mode 5 7 8 9 = 29
Octordle for 67

It's a ton up for me today.

Now that I've seen the temptation of the gorgeous spoon, I felt it was a day to slot into last place. Four for Wordle (one step better than nothing on first word with a whole 1 yellow letter), before crashing on Quordle (I'm blaming the blind alleys, wrong choices and errors). Some self respect restored with a 53 on Octordle.

Now that I've seen the temptation of the gorgeous spoon, I felt it was a day to slot into last place. Four for Wordle (one step better than nothing on first word with a whole 1 yellow letter), before crashing on Quordle (I'm blaming the blind alleys, wrong choices and errors). Some self respect restored with a 53 on Octordle.

In the words of Victor Meldrew "I don't believe it!"
I had it in the bag! How could that happen?
I guess I brought it on myself for taunting you yesterday.

Back