Wordle - Quordle Thread

Leaving Octordle for a while as I have breakfast. A lucky guess with Wordle but I only had the choice of two words so it had to be 3 or 4!

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8 for 24 (8, 7, 5, 4)

Running Total 27! Think @Rob Oldfield may have got away but @rebrascora is catchable over the Octordle fences! 🙂

Finally got back to Wordling:

Octordle to the wire for 66.

Total Score 93! :( Hand over the Spoon of Wood @rebrascora I want to make a chilli con carne! 🙂

Tough today I thought. A 6 on Wordle with just way too many options to play with using lots of different letters, then a nice smooth 3, 4, 5, 6 for a Quordle 18 (bonus points for getting the words in order as laid out?) and ending with 61 on Octordle. Total of 85.

Wordle in 4
Quordle 7 8 2 4 = 21

Then I blew it in record fashion.... with an XXX (yes a whopping 3 red squares) DNF in Octordle .... If you are going to do it, do it in style!

Mikey, I hope you have done the washing up because that spoon definitely needs to be heading back in my direction today, along with a big dunce's hat. .

Wordle in 4
Quordle 7 8 2 4 = 21

Then I blew it in record fashion.... with an XXX (yes a whopping 3 red squares) DNF in Octordle .... If you are going to do it, do it in style

Mikey, I hope you have done the washing up because that spoon definitely needs to be heading back in my direction today, along with a big dunce's hat. .

We will have to see! I nearly bombed on. Wordle as I one go left and a 50 - 50 choice but was lucky! 🙂 Quordle tricky but leaving Octordle as friends just about to arrive. So using the spoon to stir Mikey's secret spag bol recipe! :rofl:

Wordle in 6
Quordle in 8 for. 26 (4, 5, 8, 9)

So behind @rebrascora at the moment but can I avoid 2XL. Ops, I mean XXXX and not my casual wear size! 🙂

We will have to see! I nearly bombed on. Wordle as I one go left and a 50 - 50 choice but was lucky! 🙂 Quordle tricky but leaving Octordle as friends just about to arrive. So using the spoon to stir Mikey's secret spag bol recipe! :rofl:

Wordle in 6
Quordle in 8 for. 26 (4, 5, 8, 9)

So behind @rebrascora at the moment but can I avoid 2XL. Ops, I mean XXXX and not my casual wear size! 🙂

And to finish:

Octordle to the wire for 68

Total Score (a ton up) 100

Was your starter word an Octordle answer @rebrascora ?

Was your starter word an Octordle answer @rebrascora ?
I would have done a lot better if it was, but no definitely not.... My starter word is LAUGH.

My failure today was largely because I simply didn't stop and think. I convinced myself there could only be one answer for my first word from the letters I had and when it wasn't that I was convinced there was only one other option so I kept plugging away with it in that vein until 7 lives down, I got the correct word, so I had 7 left to get and only 6 lives and it went steadily down hill from there. Just simply a case of not stopping and thinking. I blame my high BG levels!

PS. Mikey, since you are forwarding the spoon to me, feel free to include some of the leftover bolognaise sauce or chilli with it..... and I don't just mean a dirty spoon. :D Hope your guests enjoyed it and you enjoyed your guests!

PS. Mikey, since you are forwarding the spoon to me, feel free to include some of the leftover bolognaise sauce or chilli with it..... and I don't just mean a dirty spoon. :D Hope your guests enjoyed it and you enjoyed your guests!

I have included some wholemeal pasta so all you have to do is microwave it for a superb meal! 🙂

I would have done a lot better if it was, but no definitely not.... My starter word is LAUGH.

My failure today was largely because I simply didn't stop and think. I convinced myself there could only be one answer for my first word from the letters I had and when it wasn't that I was convinced there was only one other option so I kept plugging away with it in that vein until 7 lives down, I got the correct word, so I had 7 left to get and only 6 lives and it went steadily down hill from there. Just simply a case of not stopping and thinking. I blame my high BG levels!

For some reason thought it was BROWN. I started that way on Word 7 but fortunately got it on go 3! Probably cost me a dozen points but @Rob Oldfield was out of reach by then!

Good first two for me today, but think the Octordle is another tough one. 3 for Wordle, then a 4, 5, 3, 7 Quordle for 19, and ending with a 61 on Octordle for a total of 83.

You are in with a chance today @rebrascora ! I blew Octordle in the last word. I had all the letters in the right order and mistyped reversing two. A total school pupil error (apparently schoolboy is no longer allowed!). Part of the problem was after the first three words I was solving them in sequential order and probably lost a go or two guessing!

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 9 for 26 (3, 8, 9, 6)
Octordle DNF

Screenshot_20240225-092946~2.png

Well since my wooden spoon (and chilli/bolognaise) haven't arrived yet I can't really send them back to you Mikey but looks like you have won it back fair and square today as I just scraped through Octordle

Wordle in 4
Quordle 2 7 6 4 = 19
Octordle for a whopping 75

So just sneaking past @Robin with 98

Well since my wooden spoon (and chilli/bolognaise) haven't arrived yet I can't really send them back to you Mikey but looks like you have won it back fair and square today as I just scraped through Octordle

Wordle in 4
Quordle 2 7 6 4 = 19
Octordle for a whopping 75

So just sneaking past @Robin with 98

Without the typo I would have snuck past on 95! :(

Pretty good today but let down by a silly error. 3 for Wordle, then a 6, 4, 3, 5 Quordle for 18. Went wrong on Octordle where it turns out that typing a word that's similar to the one you were thinking about doesn't work as well as actually typing the word. Ho hum. Managed to rescue a 58 and a total of 79.

@Rob Oldfield Even with a mistake, you still make us look like amateurs!

I was just pleased to complete them all including the Weekly Challenge with HEART. I am taking that as a big win!

Wordle in 4
Quordle 7 5 4 6 = 22
Octordle for 64

Total for the day is 90

Weekly Challenge 7 8 5 4 = 24

Back