Wordle - Quordle Thread

Wordle in 4
Quordle 6 4 1 3 = 14 Interesting that my word came up the day after Rob's!
Octordle for 69

Total is a disappointingly mediocre 87

I didn't get a single notification and thought nobody had tried so far. The forum software is definitely iffy! Anyway probably my best day in years. I changed my starter word for Octordle and it was an immediate hit having a significant overall effect.

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 7 for 19 (7, 5, 4 3)
Octordle in 11 for 49

Total Score 72! :rofl:

3 1s in 2 days is pretty good going for our little group though isn't it!

Disappointed not to make it three days in a row, but pretty clear that it's @Robin's turn to hit a 1 today.

For me it's a 3 for Wordle, then a 5, 7, 6, 3 Quordle for 21 and a 57 for Octordle. Total of 81.

Edit: I just worked out how frequently you should be hitting a 1 on Quordle and Octordle. Looks to be about 1 day in 575/287. Unless of course you're using starters like squiz! Getting into two people out of four hitting a Quordle 1 and one hitting an Octordle 1 in two days is getting way too complicated for my rusty statistics skills but certainly a very very very long shot.

Last edited:
Very far from a 1 on any of them today. My starter has come up on Wordle once, and I’m sure I’ve had a couple of my alternative starters come up on Octordle, not sure about Quordle.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8,4,5,7 = 24
Octordle in 65
Total 94

Don't know what to say?

What a difference a day makes?
Hero to Zero!

To the wire with Wordle and Octordle and only one life left in Quordle. I definitely was not AGILE today! ;(

Wordle in 6
Quordle.in 8 for 24 (6, 7, 3, 8)
Octordle to the wire for 67

Total Score 97! Dismal like the weather! :(

Last edited:
Less than mediocre for me today but not sure I did quite badly enough to rescue Mikey from the wooden spoon .... Sorry Mikey!

Wordle in 4
Quordle 6 3 4 8 = 22
Octordle for 68 with a life left.

Total = 94

Interestingly my starting word (I only use one) has come up 3 times throughout the puzzles in the couple of years (I think) I have been playing. What bugs me is that one of those 3 came up in Octordle on the only day when I did actually change my starter word. What are the odds of that?? I learned my lesson and I am no longer tempted to deviate, except for the weekly challenge of course.

Some awkward words today! May even have save @rebrascora from the Spoon of Wood again!

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8 for 25 (4, 6, 8, 7)
Octordle to the wire for 65

Total Score 95! :(

Like my diabetes twin @Robin I flunked Quordle too but I also did poorly in Octordle so I am claiming my usual kitchen utensil trophy again today. To be honest I really didn't concentrate at all on them this morning, as I didn't have much time and I did them before coffee.... never a good idea...

Wordle in 4
Quordle 9 4 X 7 = DNF
Octordle for 64

Many thanks for the Birthday wishes Mikey. Sadly the speakers on my PC have died so I can't listen to it but appreciate the thought and I almost have a memory earworm, assuming it is the song I am thinking of!

Did well on the Quordle challenge this morning, average for me on the others.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 7,6,5,4 = 22
Octordle in 66
Total 92

Weekly challenge with SHORE, 2,7,4,6 = 19

Thought I would start with the Weekly Challenge and wished I had not. After seeing @Robin scored on the second word and had the first few letters I tried to do the same and dug a hole! :(

Weekly Challenge to the wire for 27 (4, 9, 8, 6). So SQUIZ will have to wait even though it has two vowels! :rofl:

So on to the Dailies! An average Wordle, scraped through Quordle and a decent Octordle!

Wordle in 4
Quordle to the wire for 27 (5, 7, 9, 6)
Octordle in 11 for 58

Total Score 89! So in the lead but i imagine only temporarily! :rofl:

Back