Wordle - Quordle Thread

Kicked off with a 4 on Wordle. Then an odd Quordle where on word 4, for ages, I just couldn't think of anything that fitted the almost complete lack of letters I had in play for one word. Eventually got there though with a 3, 7, 6, 5 for 21. Ended with a nice 53 on Octordle. Totals to 78.

My messy Wordle was due to me rushing . I used STEAL as my starter but not paying attention acted as if I had used my usual starter totally confusing myself. I did a messy Quordle while I was waiting for Transport and a much better Octordle after I got back, had a coffee and exercises with my prosethic.

Wordle in 6
Quordle in 8 for 25 (4, 6, 8, 7)
Octordle in 11 for 6L

Total Score 91 tying with my friend @Robin !

Last edited:
Down to the wire on all three this morning, after reasonable starts on them all.
Wordle in 6
Quordle in 6,7,4,9 = 26
Octordle in 65
Total 97

Not a good start in the Wordle Office. After an excellent Wordle in 3 I blew Quordle as a few odd words and letter combinations! :(

May or may not try Octordle later!
OK could not resist!

Wordle in 3
Quordle DNF (8, 9, 5, X)
Octordle to the wire for 64 thanks to early gains.

If X = 10 then it would have been a 99'er!

Ugly this morning. Started well with a 2 for Wordle, then decided to go for Octordle next. On a day with quite a few tricks in there it doesn't help to put in an early mistake (forgetting about the anagram) and ending up with a 65. Quordle last with a 4, 6, 5, 8 for 23 - which I'll take given another set of difficult words. Comes out with a total of 90.

I also struggled... no surprise but I got there in the end...

Wordle in 3
Quordle 7 6 4 8 = 25
Octordle for 68 despite having a life left.

Total for me is 96

Scratched my head for ages to think of anything that would fit to complete Quordle this morning, the penny dropped in the end.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 6,7,4,5 = 22
Quordle in 60
Total 85

A good day for me today. Oddly I thought the problems with Wordle were very different to @Robin and had way too many options but came out with a 5. But then Quordle and Octordle went well with a 3, 6, 5, 4 18 and a 52. Totals to 75.

Wordle in 4 as I went the right way with my fourth attempt when I had two choices although a wordsmith might have found more.

Might try others later after physiotherapy but brain to jaded after yesterday's transport farce. They close the line for patients at 6:00pm but my mate Google found the Herts and Essex night control centre number although it was not that simple!

Wordle in 3
Quordle 6 7 3 5 = 21
Octordle for 59

Total = 83

After my 4 hour 40 winks I was ready to finish the Wordles:

Wordle in 4
Quordle to the wire for 26 (9, 7, 6, 4)
Octordle in 12 for 62

Total Score 92! But was it worth the bother as I still hold the Spoon of Wood! :(

And I am not trying tomorrow's until after a caffeine fix in the morning! :rofl:

Think I'll have worse days than this - a good piece of luck really does help!

Bad start on Wordle where I made an annoying error (i.e. not having enough coffee beforehand) and ended with a 5. Quordle was where the luck kicked in and got a 3, 1(!), 4, 6 for 14, and ended with a 53 on Octordle. Total of 72.

Think I am probably back in my usual last place today....

Wordle in 3
Quordle 5 6 7 9 = 27
Octordle for 65

Total = 95

Think I am probably back in my usual last place today....

Wordle in 3
Quordle 5 6 7 9 = 27
Octordle for 65

Total = 95
Well, you’ve saved me from the wooden spoon, I’m sure I’ll return the favour very soon.

Was doing well until the middle of Octordle when I took three goes to get one word correct, so only just scraped home.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 6,4,5,3 = 18
Octordle in 68
Total 90

Back