Wordle - Quordle Thread

Which I thought might have been a win-by-one until I checked @MikeyBikey arithmetic and actually it's a lose-by-one because of his Quordle sums!
Do you know, I looked at that Quordle score and thought it was too near a max score for completing it in 8! I just didn't check it. Well spotted and have a gold star for observation and honesty even if you talked yourself out of one for the puzzles! 🙄

So far..
Quordle in 7,5,6,4 = 22
Octordle in 68
I'll get back to you when I can get Wordle to load..

Edit. Wordle in 5, not worth waiting for,
Total 95

Weekly challenge with RESIN 8,6,7,5, = 26

Last edited:
Finally got Wordle to load and a pretty good score for me. That'll have to be subject to ratification by the committee though, as when I was checking Twitter to see whether any info on the outage I saw a big hint what the subject area was and that made life a great deal easier.

So for me it's a 3 for Wordle (with a question mark), a 4, 3, 8, 5 20 for Quordle, and a 53 for Octordle. Total of 76.

Not my best day today. Wordle wasn't responding again when I tried it just after midnight so went in reverse order again. Octordle really didn't want to behave so came out of there with a 67. Quordle was better with a 7, 4, 3, 5 for 19 and then, with Wordle now responding moved onto that. Got three letters nailed down on word 2, but then lots of options still in play and ended up with a 5. Overall total of 88.
Checking back on results over the weekend and on Saturday I see that my adding up skills are also a bit iffy. 67+19+5 is 91 and not 88. So @MikeyBikey takes the retrospective win!

Better result for me today (4+16+60=80) due mostly to good luck with Quordle. Weekly challenge was a DNF though so things balanced out in the end…

Attachments

• IMG_2130.jpeg
    IMG_2130.jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1
I had a success today in that I finished all 3. Not having any problems accessing Wordle here so far. Don't know if it is because I am not attempting it at "peak times", whenever that might be considering it is world wide. Anyway:-

Wordle in 3 No cheating here but my starter word gave me 2 important green letters, from which I believe there may only have been 2 options, but of course, true to form, I chose the wrong one first.
Quordle 7 4 6 3 = 20
Octordle for 63

Total for me is 86

Weekly challenge using RESIN 4 9 8 7 = 28

Wordle loaded straight way for me, but for the third day running I got nothing on the first go, and only one letter and in the wrong place on the second.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 9,6,7,4 = 26
Octordle in 60
Total 91

Poor result today (4+24+70=98), mostly due to lack of attention. Luckily I’m faring better with my software project.

Attachments

• IMG_2133.jpeg
    IMG_2133.jpeg
    29.9 KB · Views: 0
Late on parade but actually did them this morning about 1am.... still no problems with accessing Wordle for me, but problems with getting the answer....

Wordle.... scraped through with a 6
Quordle... also to the wire 6 9 5 7 =27
Octordle for 65

Total for the day = 98 but consider myself lucky to have completed them.

You have to admire @Rob Oldfield's consistently impressive scores. Makes us all look like novices! Anyone else wonder what his starting word is?

Got back to the Wordles after tackling my Self Assessment. Needed a passcode sent to my phone on three different occasions but I wonder how secure things really are!

Wordle in 4 with a lucky guess
Quordle (7, X, 8, 5) where X = 10! :rofl:
Octordle in 11 for 54 (redeeming myself :( )

In fact if I use X = 10 my Total is 88!

Back