Wordle - Quordle Thread

Looks like @Robin got my bad luck today as I managed to finish all 3 for once although Quordle was a skin of the teeth job!

Wordle in 3
Quordle 9 6 8 2 = 25
Octordle for 67

Total for the day a very mediocre 95.

Did Wordle and Quordle while I was waiting for Patient Transport and forgot about Octordle till about 30 minutes ago, The effect of starter words really showed up. My sister usually beats me in all games but today I got Octordle in 12 for 64 whereas she went to the wire for 76!

Wordle in 4
Quordle to the wire for 27 (6, 9, 5, 7)
Octordle in 12 for 64

Total Score 95 matching my friend @rebrascora ! 🙂

Iffy start for me, then good results on Quordle and Octordle. Kicked off with a 5 on Wordle after not paying attention and making a newbie error, but made up for it with a 4, 3, 6, 5 for a Quordle 18 and a 52 on Octordle. Overall total of 75.

How did the choice of starters kick in?

The starter word you use can make a big difference so we thought when the Weekly Challenge came along we decided we would go for a level playing field. The others won't let me use ZXLXL! :rofl: Might use SQUIZ though! 🙂

Well, believe it or not I am not in last place today and might even be in joint first with @Rob Oldfield ....I haven't done the sums yet but it's close....
Wordle in 5
Quordle 5 4 7 3 = 19
Octordle in 10 for 51

Making a total of .... yes!.....75 WooHoo!! :D
Maybe I should do them more often when my Libre reads 3.5. Perhaps hypo brain improves my focus! No cause for concern though, Libre will likely be exaggerating. 🙄 and I have eaten breakfast about 30 mins ago .....It was a very very late breakfast after waiting all morning at the stables for the vet and then monitoring distressed horse afterwards..... It's OK though, he is fine now, just a bit of a reaction to IV antibiotic injection. I think jabbing my breakfast bolus on a 4.8 with a sloping downward arrow was always going to result in Libre hitting the red, even if I am pretty sure I didn't actually drop below 4.

.It was a very very late breakfast after waiting all morning at the stables for the vet and then monitoring distressed horse afterwards..... It's OK though, he is fine now, just a bit of a reaction to IV antibiotic injection
Aww, glad he/she is Ok now, Toby sends slobbery kisses.
IMG_0351.jpeg

Aww, glad he/she is Ok now, Toby sends slobbery kisses.
View attachment 28998
Thanks Toby :D and Robin... (we need a heart emoji)... Not sure Reb will be very impressed as he is really aggressive towards other horses but I am very happy to accept on his behalf. Unfortunately I have been battling a very bad bout of mud fever with all 4 of them for nearly 2 weeks now.... had to bring them in 24/7 and cut back fur and bathe (no fun with 16 legs to treat!!) and whilst I have pretty much got on top of the mud fever, Reb has been lame and swollen on his rear nearside pastern and fetlock for over a fortnight and it hasn't improved with the diminishing mud fever, so after consultation with my sister yesterday, it was time to bite the bullet and seek veterinary care today. I was torn between lymphangitis or a pulled tendon as he was really quite badly lame. Vet thinks most likely lymphangitis caused by the mud fever but thankfully the swelling isn't bad enough to warrant compression dressings, so we are just treating with anti inflammatories and antibiotics and hoping for the best as that is relatively easily treated. I got a bit concerned when, after the vet left, he started panting, with nostrils flared and was clearly not happy but thankfully it settled down after about 20 mins. I have great vets and was able to ring her and let her know and get some reassurance and then she rang back half an hour later to check he had settled, which he had, so hopefully all plain sailing now..... apart from feeding and mucking out 4 24/7. I am knackered and it has not quite been 2 weeks yet. Please, please can we have some more nice frosty weather, so that I can let them out a bit!

Thanks Toby :D and Robin... (we need a heart emoji)... Not sure Reb will be very impressed as he is really aggressive towards other horses but I am very happy to accept on his behalf. Unfortunately I have been battling a very bad bout of mud fever with all 4 of them for nearly 2 weeks now.... had to bring them in 24/7 and cut back fur and bathe (no fun with 16 legs to treat!!) and whilst I have pretty much got on top of the mud fever, Reb has been lame and swollen on his rear nearside pastern and fetlock for over a fortnight and it hasn't improved with the diminishing mud fever, so after consultation with my sister yesterday, it was time to bite the bullet and seek veterinary care today. I was torn between lymphangitis or a pulled tendon as he was really quite badly lame. Vet thinks most likely lymphangitis caused by the mud fever but thankfully the swelling isn't bad enough to warrant compression dressings, so we are just treating with anti inflammatories and antibiotics and hoping for the best as that is relatively easily treated. I got a bit concerned when, after the vet left, he started panting, with nostrils flared and was clearly not happy but thankfully it settled down after about 20 mins. I have great vets and was able to ring her and let her know and get some reassurance and then she rang back half an hour later to check he had settled, which he had, so hopefully all plain sailing now..... apart from feeding and mucking out 4 24/7. I am knackered and it has not quite been 2 weeks yet. Please, please can we have some more nice frosty weather, so that I can let them out a bit!
This weather's been awful from the horse point of view, Toby developed a cough a couple of weeks ago, from having to be inside too much, (and we’re lucky, a couple of the paddocks are on sand, so drain well, so they do get out for a few hours daily). We had to have the vet out when his breathing suddenly became a bit heave-y, and he gave him a course of Ventipulmin, he’s now on shavings not straw, and having soaked hay, which seems to have done the trick, and we are bringing him back into work. Of course having decided on a course of action in consultation with the vet and the yard owner, we then got tons of unsolicited advice from other livery owners, grooms, etc, all telling us we were doing the wrong thing, ought to have bought X brand of shavings, ought to be giving Y supplements etc etc, honestly, it reminded me of some of the threads on this forum,😉:rofl:.
Sorry, other Wordlers, will stop derailing this thread now!

The starter word you use can make a big difference so we thought when the Weekly Challenge came along we decided we would go for a level playing field. The others won't let me use ZXLXL! :rofl: Might use SQUIZ though! 🙂
Sure, but did you force your sister to use an squizzy start word?

Started with Wordle in 4 but then went to the wire with Quordle for 27 (8, 4, 9, 6). Think I best leave Octordle to the morning although I probably need between 36 and 47 to win!

After a grim Quordle things fell into place with Octordle bar the last word where I chose the wrong word out of two possibilities! 🙂

Wordle in 4
Quordle to the wire for 27 (8, 4, 9, 6)
Octordle in 11 for 53

Total Score 84!

Can’t get Wordle to load on my ipad. Will try later, or resort to other means.
Scraped Quordle in 9,5,8,7 = 29
Octordle in 60

Whilst it was fine after midnight if I select on ,my Android now I only get a screen that says "Wordle"!

Back