Wordle - Quordle Thread

A poor 5 for Wordle , had a choice of two on go 4 and chose the wrong one,
Happier with Quordle, 5,6,2,4,, don’t think I’ve bettered that.
Octordle will have to wait til I come back from riding.

A poor 70 for Octordle, I shouldn't have done it straight after my riding lesson, I'm feeling my age. Daughter has got a lurgy, so wasn’t riding with me today, so instructor gave me (and the horse) a flatwork boot camp.

A poor 70 for Octordle, I shouldn't have done it straight after my riding lesson, I'm feeling my age. Daughter has got a lurgy, so wasn’t riding with me today, so instructor gave me (and the horse) a flatwork boot camp.
Feeling your pain!

More acceptable scores this morning, happily . Not great, admittedly, but better than debacles from earlier in the week...
Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 07.22.58.png

Just squeezed home with 6 in Wordle, had three correctly placed letters on go 3, but almost too many options again.
Quodrle in 7,8,4,5.

Average Wordle and a tricky start to Quordle helped more in the end by the excludes letters than the known ones. Will tackle Octordle later. Also got my Wordle Gold Star!

Screenshot_20221120_093605.jpg

Screenshot_20221120_093512.jpg

Screenshot_20221120_093354.jpg

Daily Octordle #300
8️⃣9️⃣
7️⃣3️⃣

5️⃣
Score: 67
octordle.com

Struggled a bit today. Only got 6 as had three placed and a floater (no, not in my eye! ).

Got Wordle on my very last life.... too many options.
Was doing quite well with Quordle but the top right used up a lot of lives with too many options
Daily Quordle 300
6️⃣8️⃣
4️⃣5️⃣

Much better at Octordle
Daily Octordle #300
9️⃣4️⃣
7️⃣3️⃣

6️⃣8️⃣
Score: 58
octordle.com

The New York Times understands that a newspaper (and this was true in the past, just like it is true in the present) is not just hard news. It’s also sports, entertainment, comic strips, and puzzles. Puzzles are having a moment, and the New York Times Spelling Bee has gotten a lot of subscribers. Sensing that people like and want puzzles as part of their Times experience, the Times purchased the very popular Wordle word game. It remains to be seen whether they will paywall it, but they may very well decide to do so. For now, games are among the features driving subscriptions, and the Times wants to maximize the opportunity to generate more revenue— which supports the reporting at the newspaper.

A good start with Wordle but very average thereafter. Should have stopped for a second cuppa! (cup of tea emoji)

Screenshot_20221121_074400.jpg

Screenshot_20221121_074310.jpg

Screenshot_20221121_074215.jpg

The New York Times understands that a newspaper (and this was true in the past, just like it is true in the present) is not just hard news. It’s also sports, entertainment, comic strips, and puzzles. Puzzles are having a moment, and the New York Times Spelling Bee has gotten a lot of subscribers. Sensing that people like and want puzzles as part of their Times experience, the Times purchased the very popular Wordle word game. It remains to be seen whether they will paywall it, but they may very well decide to do so. For now, games are among the features driving subscriptions, and the Times wants to maximize the opportunity to generate more revenue— which supports the reporting at the newspaper.

Are you the guy who writes for the Sunday Times? I am a pensioner with an income below the single person's allowance so beyond TV licence, mobile and broadband cannot afford to subscribe to anything! I imagine the Times is introducing a paywall then? :(

Well I'd just stop playing. It started as a free thing, and I don’t mind looking at a few adverts if it needs to pay its way, but I already subscribe to a U.K. newspaper of my choice, and wouldn’t swap from that to a U.S. one just for one puzzle.

Wordle in 4 today, was nearly stuck trying to think of any words that would fit my opening lot, but managed to think of three, and of course, tried them in the wrong order.
Quordle was one of my better ones, 7,3,5,4.
Octordle will have to wait til I've done the shopping, need to beat the rain that’s coming in.

Wordle in 3 but Quordle was a bust
Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 08.26.38.png

Incidentally, if NYT put Wordle behind a paywall I'd drop it immediately. No way I'm paying just for one game. I briefly had a NYT subscription during the Trump presidency just to follow Maggie Haberman's reporting, but other than that I have absolutely no reason to subscribe..

I scraped in on my 6th attempt at Wordle after 2 visits to it with a couple of hours in between in the hope of inspiration 🙄 .

Not much better at Quordle
Daily Quordle 301
6️⃣4️⃣
8️⃣9️⃣

But redeemed myself a bit at Octordle...
Daily Octordle #301
3️⃣8️⃣

7️⃣4️⃣
9️⃣6️⃣
Score: 58
octordle.com

Wordle in 4
Failed Quordle
Scraped in on last go on Octordle with 67.
Need another cup of tea.

Back