Wordle - Quordle Thread

Yes, it's what teachers did to kids when I was in school in late fifties and all through sixties. They used various types of wacking besides the cane including smacking in primary, rulers over the hand (particularly painful) and plimsolls. The games master at grammar was an ex-army sadist who would probably be sectioned these days. But I got him back two years after leaving! 🙂
Oh my experience was quite similar, but happily as I started school in the early sixties I only had to endure the tail end of the corporal punishment regime. I actually found the teachers quite adept at psychological punishment too. Can't say I miss those day, but it certainly built character that's for sure. Nothing really bothered me all through a pretty stressful career in high-value manufacturing after the grounding I got in my early schooldays 🙂

All completed last night...OK very early this morning, before bed....
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8
Just scraped Octordle on the last option with a surprising score of 62. Expected it to be higher!

I thought I had blown Quordle when after three words I only had one vowel and no consonants for each word. Luckily fourth word gave two consonants per word mainly placed when I was only trying to use unused consonants! 🙂Screenshot_20221116_082458.jpgScreenshot_20221116_082416.jpg

Dismal performance this morning I'm afraid. Failed at Wordle - just too many options and ran out of guesses. Did a little better with Quordle, though, so all was not lost.
Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 08.37.42.png

I failed Wordle today, again! Never failed two days running before, too many options again.
Quordle in 5,6,7,4
Octordle in 58

Wordle in 5 but as others have said, there were more options than lives left so I consider myself lucky.
Quordle 4,5,9,6 I only had 2 letters in the bottom left and made 2 wrong but perfectly possible choices before I got it.
Octordle score was 60 which I was a little disappointed with as I thought it would be in the 50s.

A very average Octordle today. I did find the choice of some words rather strange but it will take a while to beat the totally ridiculous EmCee of a few weeks ago!

Screenshot_20221116_103131.jpg

Back to better form today.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8,5,7,3
Octordle in 52, equalling my best ever score.
And all before a second cup of tea.

Much better this morning than yesterday's debacle. Will wait to try Octordle until later in the morning when I am a little more awake. So far, my best score there (yesterday afternoon) was 65, so I have quite a ways to go to catch up with you folks :rofl:
Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 08.47.16.png

I waltzed straight through them all this morning.
Wordle in 4,
Quordle in 6 5 4 and 7
Octordle score was a very mediocre 65.

After recovering well to a poor start at Wordle, I managed to blow it on Quordle. Should have waited until I'd finished my coffee I guess...
Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 07.29.56.png

Wordle in 3, a surprise since I got nothing on the first go, and just one letter, and in the wrong place, on the second.
Quordle in 9,7,5,3. Got off to a good start but nearly had too many options for my final word (and picked the wrong ones first, of course)
Octordle got off to a flying start when my starting word was one of the answers! That’ll never happen again. Then started to struggle, and eventually limped in with 61.

Last edited:
Wordle in 2 today although I really wasn't sure that it was a word and had to look it up but with the letters I had to start with there were no other options really...
Wordle 517 2/6

⬜⬜

Just scraped in on the last chance with Quordle due to too many options
Daily Quordle 298
9️⃣7️⃣
5️⃣4️⃣
quordle.com

Did rather better on Octordle
Daily Octordle #298
5️⃣
3️⃣
9️⃣6️⃣
7️⃣8️⃣
Score: 59
octordle.com

Had a bad day with achey phantom pain most of the day that became a nasty burning sensation. To try and take my mind off it I played some Solitaire then did Sedecordle. Got it with two to spare and met an old friend!

Daily #278
1️⃣0️⃣⬛1️⃣1️⃣
0️⃣3️⃣⬛1️⃣3️⃣
0️⃣4️⃣⬛1️⃣4️⃣
1️⃣5️⃣⬛1️⃣6️⃣
1️⃣7️⃣⬛0️⃣5️⃣
1️⃣8️⃣⬛0️⃣6️⃣
0️⃣8️⃣⬛0️⃣7️⃣
1️⃣9️⃣⬛0️⃣9️⃣
sedecordle.com
#sedecordle

I am on a roll with Wordle and got it in 2 again after just one gold letter from my opening word. Can't see me achieving the hattrick of 2s tomorrow.
Wordle 518 2/6

Got off to a good start with Quordle and Octordle but then lost it a bit but still reasonable results
Daily Quordle 299
6️⃣3️⃣
8️⃣4️⃣
quordle.com

Daily Octordle #299
3️⃣
5️⃣
7️⃣
9️⃣8️⃣
Score: 65
octordle.com

Off to bed now having had my midnight walk.

Back