Wordle - Quordle Thread

Disaster for me today...

Wordle in 4
Quordle 5 7 8 6 = 26
Wordle I managed to save @Robin from the Wooden Spoon award by DNF on not just one, but 2 words.
Think I do these puzzles better before bed than after!

Um, I think I might be in with a chance today. Started with a 4 for Wordle then got lucky on Quordle where one of my standard first words came up all green leading to a 4, 2, 6, 3 for 15, ending with a 52 for Octordle. Overall total of 71.

Talked myself out of getting Wordle in 3....

Wordle in 4
Quordle 7 6 8 4 = 25
Octordle in 10 for 52

Total = 81

I then fluffed the Weekly Challenge using CAROL, so that is a DNF for me. :(

I failed on Wordle this morning

7 3 5 6 = 21
And 63 makes 88 as well

Congrats @Rob Oldfield, that's a great score

Oh and 4 8 5 6 for 23 on CAROL

Did better, for me, on the latter puzzles today. Saved most of the games for after I'd got back from the weekly shop, obviously my brain had woken up a bit by then.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 7,3,8,6 = 24
Octordle in 60
Total 89
Weekly challenge with Carol, 7,4,6,3 = 20. Better than the daily one!

Could someone explain what or rather how the “Weekly Challange” works please? Curiosity is getting the better of me and I don’t want to kill a cat

Could someone explain what or rather how the “Weekly Challange” works please? Curiosity is getting the better of me and I don’t want to kill a cat
If you do Quordle regularly, provided you manage to complete it on a Monday, an extra puzzle is revealed. If you fail Monday's regular puzzle, you have to wait til Tuesday, or whenever you next complete one for it to be unlocked.
A while ago, the 'Regulars' decided it would be fun if we all used the same starting word for the Weekly Challenge, to see how we all did against each other, so we normally agree a starting word in the run-up, chosen by the winner of the previous week's Weekly Challenge.

If you do Quordle regularly, provided you manage to complete it on a Monday, an extra puzzle is revealed. If you fail Monday's regular puzzle, you have to wait til Tuesday, or whenever you next complete one for it to be unlocked.
A while ago, the 'Regulars' decided it would be fun if we all used the same starting word for the Weekly Challenge, to see how we all did against each other, so we normally agree a starting word in the run-up, chosen by the winner of the previous week's Weekly Challenge.
Still think I’ll steer clear of Quordle 🙂

Tied with @Robin on 89 (3+21+65). Weekly challenge went to the wire with a score of 28.

Attachments

• IMG_2015.jpeg
    IMG_2015.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1
Did better, for me, on the latter puzzles today. Saved most of the games for after I'd got back from the weekly shop, obviously my brain had woken up a bit by then.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 7,3,8,6 = 24
Octordle in 60
Total 89
Weekly challenge with Carol, 7,4,6,3 = 20. Better than the daily one!

I think the Weekly Challenge very much depends on the second word you pick. I will pop mine up after we hear from @littlevoice359 as I think it would be interesting to see what people chose. BTW although I put Like you were a Star on the Weekly as I thought it was in my grasp! :(

My second word was CHORE because I play hard mode.

I think the Weekly Challenge very much depends on the second word you pick. I will pop mine up after we hear from @littlevoice359 as I think it would be interesting to see what people chose. BTW although I put Like you were a Star on the Weekly as I thought it was in my grasp! :(
My second word was CROWN

Back