Wordle - Quordle Thread

An elite polytechnic I'd heard :rofl:

Yes, Topic got me too but it was the middle letter which I was missing and I had 3 options available for it and of course I tried the other two before the P because I was sure we had had topic recently.

Yes, Topic got me too but it was the middle letter which I was missing and I had 3 options available for it and of course I tried the other two before the P because I was sure we had had topic recently.

Indeed we had TOPIC and I think it was only the day before. I imagine you had a TOXIC attempt with TONIC as TORIC is not used in everyday conversation! :rofl:

I went with Toxic. I'd already eliminated the N in my second go, so was spared Tonic.

I have been caught out two days running by the same word TOPIC entering OPTIC first but the Applied Optics was one of my courses at Polytechnic (remember them). :rofl:
Think we've all been there. You KNOW the answer so bash it in without taking a couple of seconds to think about anagrams. There really should be a five letter word to denote 'The Wordle sigh emitted when the computer tells you your obviously correct word is, in fact, wrong.'

Played 'get one letter wrong' several times, though in Octordle I was just emitting the noise described by @Rob Oldfield, when I realised it was actually the correct answer for a word further down. I then sensibly left the incorrect word alone until I’d got a few more letters eliminated.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8,4,7,5 = 24
Octordle in 64
Total 93

Not a good night for me! In pain with limited options! :( And DNF with Quordle

Wordle in 4
Quordle DNF (3, 9, X, 7)

Might try Octordle in the morning especially if someone gets 2 x DNFs!

Haven't been to sleep yet so got up again 30 minutes ago and tackled Octordle . Got in 12 for 65 but if I had spotted an anagram with one solution earlier it would have been 63!

Typed about 5:00am but forgot to press send!

Wordle in 4
Quordle 7 6 8 5 = 26
Octordle in 63

Total = 93

Still only doing Worldle and it took 6 today

Better result (5+24+54=83) today, thanks to some good luck in Octordle. Good thing too as I got off to a bad start (Wordle in 5).

Attachments

• IMG_2011.jpeg
    IMG_2011.jpeg
    31.4 KB · Views: 0
Can't seem to find any form at the moment. I blame the quiz setters. Or something other than my own clumsiness would be nice really
Quordle in 8 6 5 7 = 26
Octordle in 62
For a 92

I’ve already done today’s Wordle and managed a respectable 3

For me it was also a 3 for Wordle, then a 3, 5, 4, 7 Quordle for 19, and Octordle for 60. Total of 82.
Well done, I’m going to try and stay away for Quordle and Octordle

Back