Wordle - Quordle Thread

On the Weekly Challenge my second word was UNTIE and was not that helpful!
Similar here, though I went for UNITE. My standard approach is to get as many of the most commonly used letters out in the first two words and UNITE gets close to doing that (just missing the S).

I went for SHUTE because I always try and use the E, if it wasn’t in the starting word, and also check out any TH, CH and SH combos.
You can’t set Quordle to hard mode, @Rob Oldfield, it wouldn’t work, because of having 4 words at once. I think what @rebrascora means, is that, like me, because she plays Wordle in hard mode, she always tends to use correctly guessed letters in which ever word she is focussing on at the time.

You can’t set Quordle to hard mode, @Rob Oldfield, it wouldn’t work, because of having 4 words at once.
Sure. I guess you could have a hard wired rule to say that any entry has to be a possible answer for at least one of the words? I'd expect that though to only really kick in for the later ones.

Yes, it is not a setting that you can select, just a personal rule. So I don't use a random word to help provide or eliminate extra letters if I don't have enough to go on. Sometimes sacrificing a life early on to get more info can be a very helpful strategy, like Mikey using UNTIE after CAROL in the Weekly Challenge. That would be a No-No for me. I would have to work with the letters I have established rather than have a fishing expedition with 5 more letters.

A small 4 for today’s Wordle

A good start for me and then disaster in the middle and a mediocre finish...

Wordle in 3
Quordle 6 5 3 X = DNF
Octordle in 12 for 64

No total for me today.

Really cross at Quordle as I had 2 lives left to get the first letter of the last word with of course 3 possible options and I had to keep the correct answer until I had run out of lives... Of course if I didn't play hard mode I could perhaps played it safe and used one life to rule out 2 of them or identify the correct letter and have got it, but playing hard mode it is purely down to bad luck that I didn't choose the right one first or second. C'est la vie!

Unusually for me, got to bed at a sensible time but then woken up by the Libre alarms letting me know that my set had decided to give up a day early. Getting annoying as for some reason it's happening more frequently than usual. Anyway, out of bed for a set change and what else to do but the word games.

Started well with a 2 for Wordle before things got trickier. A 6, 3, 5, 8 for Quordle for 22 and then a 59 for Octordle making a total of 83.

(...and sugar level back under 10 now.... so back to bed....)

Better score for me on Octordle really helped. With so many points available on that one it really is quite a driver overall
Anyway
3 7 5 8 = 23
Makes 80

No early hours posting from me as silly o'clock pick up for Foot Clinic so as and when...

Crossing my fingers for a different consultant as seems to be lack of empathy!

Did anybody notice that on Christmas Day if the do them it will be Quordle and Octordle 700!

No early hours posting from me as silly o'clock pick up for Foot Clinic so as and when...

Crossing my fingers for a different consultant as seems to be lack of empathy!

Did anybody notice that on Christmas Day if the do them it will be Quordle and Octordle 700!
Really hope it goes all well for you.

On the unimportant stuff I thought tricky puzzles today, but very happy with my scores. Spent ages staring at the Octordle in particular. Kicked off with a 4 for Wordle, then a 4, 6, 5, 7 for Quordle for 22, and ended with a 55 for Octordle after getting the last two 50/50s both wrong. Grand total of 81.

A measly performance by me came back with a 5 for Wordle

Good luck today mikey

Cricket score here
Quordle in 5 8 9 7 = 29
Octordle in 63
And a mild rescue with Wordle in 3 makes 95

Another disaster for me and once again I have saved @Robin from the kitchen utensil...

Wordle in 5
Quordle 5 X 6 9 = DNF
Octordle for 67

Back