Wordle - Quordle Thread

Modest enough result (5+22+63=90) for me today. I was lucky to remember one rather obscure word in particular from having seen it in these puzzles previously, but rarely if ever anywhere else.

Attachments

• IMG_1938.jpeg
    IMG_1938.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 0
Posting another high (no doubt spoon winning 🙄 ) score before bed....

Wordle in 4
Quordle 7 4 6 8 = 25
Octordle 67

Total for today 96

The ebb and flow of these games is quite amazing. After an average Wordle (~50% of my answers are in 4 both Quordle and Octordle started reasonably only to become a bit of a struggle. I think you be saved @rebrascora ! )

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 21 (8, 6, 4, 3)
Octordle to the wire for 64

Total Score 89!

Nearly crashed on Quordle after a good start, so played Octordle very conservatively and went to the wire.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8,5,3,4 = 20
Octordle in 71
Total 94, just squeaking past @rebrascora again.

A little better result (3+22+58=83) than yesterday.

Down to pure luck, though, as there were a lot of pitfalls in today’s puzzles.

Attachments

• IMG_1942.jpeg
    IMG_1942.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 0
A little better result (3+22+58=83) than yesterday.

Down to pure luck, though, as there were a lot of pitfalls in today’s puzzles.
It’s been the case too often lately that luck plays too big a factor, so I think I am going to take a break from these puzzles for a bit and maybe go back to doing cryptic crosswords instead. At least there, it’s a matter of linguistics and logic.

Not a great result for me today but hoping that my Octordle score has saved me from my usual tail end Charlie position.

Wordle in 4
Quordle 7 6 4 9 = 26
Octordle 54..... It would have been less if I hadn't made a bit of mistake on the last word.

Total for the day = 84

The blurred vision from the drops left me with a headache not helped by forgetting my shades and the modern OTT LED lights on cars! Anyway slept after supper so got up for a visit to smallest room to make a cuppa and get a bite as BG 5.6 descending. So thought I might as well go a Wordling! Really struggled with Wordle and Quordle (no I wasn't playing Sequential Mode although it looks like it!) but came good with Octordle. Probably overall another Mikey in The Middle!

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8 for 24 (4, 5, 7, 8)
Octordle in 11 for 58

Total Score 87!

Nearly ran out of lives on Quordle, didn’t get anywhere with it for ages.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 3,9,7,8 = 27
Octordle in 60
Total 90
Looks like I'm currently tail end Charlie.

Mixed bag for me today...

Wordle in 2................... Jammy or what!!
Quordle to the wire by the skin of my teeth! 6 9 8 7 for a max score of 30!
Octordle for a mediocre 61

Total for the day a disappointing 93.
Might be lucky and not win my usual award. 🙄 Only time will tell....

Thought I just had a storming start with Wordle in 2 to see that @rebrascora has done the same! Quordle was a bit tricky but Octordle flowed once I got a peg in the ground! Some tricky words today and I am unsure about the conversion of an adjective into an adverb that looks like a 4-letter adjective! :(

Wordle in 2
Quordle in 8 for 24 (7, 4, 5, 8)
Octordle in 11 for 62

Total Score - two fat ladies - 88 tying with @Rob Oldfield! :rofl:

Last edited:
Mixed for me
5 7 4 6 = 22

Makes 89

Goodness, I’m late this morning, has everyone got up with the lark?
Also got Wordle in 2! Interesting, Presumably we all did it from different starting words. There were some odd words this morning.
Wordle in 2
Quordle in 7,5,6,8
Octordle in 60
Total 88.
A three way tie!

After a good start with Wordle I struggled again with Quordle and Octordle as lacking letters, to many options and anagrams. So my results are:

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8 for 24 (5, 7, 8, 4)
Octordle in 12 for 64

Total Score 91! Sure it will be beaten but will anybody snatch the Spoon of Wood? :rofl:

Yes, another big score for me too...

Wordle in 4
Quordle 5 4 7 6 = 22
Octordle 65

@MikeyBikey Looks like you are I are tied but whether it will be for first or last or Mikey in the middle, time will tell.

Back