Wordle - Quordle Thread

I needed 54 or less to save myself but despite two cups of coffee could only manage:

Octordle in 11 for 58

Total Score 86! Will anyone save me today?! :rofl:

A better day for me, but still trailing. A tie for the wooden spoon with @MikeyBikey , with what might on other days have been a winning score. Unless @littlevoice359 can snatch defeat from us.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 6,7,3,5
Octordle in 61
Total 86

At least I unlocked Weekly Quordle, 4,5,6,7, total 22

Pretty mediocre result (4+21+68=93) this morning, so I think it’s the wooden spoon for me 🙄

Attachments

• IMG_1918.png
    IMG_1918.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 0
Well, it is a before bed fail for me. I was left with at least 4 options for the last word with only one life left and of course i chose the wrong one! 🙄

Wordle in 3
Quordle 6 5 8 X = DNF
Octordle 65

No total for me today, just the wooden spoon I expect.

Nearly bombed on Quordle as a lot of options. Back later as have to get ready for ambulance pickup for physio and they have been very early the last few weeks but arrived ar appointment time for podiatry!

Wordle in 3
Quordle to the wire for 26 (6, 7. 4, 9)

Running Total 29

Don’t worry, @rebrascora , I’m riding to your rescue, I failed Quordle AND Octordle. Can’t remember ever bombing on two, before. I was doing so well on Quordle, as well, I got 4,5,3,X. Just too many options for the starting letter of the last word.
Wordle in 4.

Poor enough result (5+23+61=89) here, but I managed to finish what I considered a difficult set of puzzles. Looks like I was not alone in that assessment.

Attachments

• IMG_1920.jpeg
    IMG_1920.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1
Yes I also found them hard and needed to really concentrate on my last Octordle
I had the same struggles as you @Robin on Quordle although just sneaked through there tok

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 5 4 6 8 = 23
Octordle in 66

For a thumping but pleasing in the end 94

Nearly bombed on Quordle as a lot of options. Back later as have to get ready for ambulance pickup for physio and they have been very early the last few weeks but arrived ar appointment time for podiatry!

Wordle in 3
Quordle to the wire for 26 (6, 7. 4, 9)

Running Total 29

Still waiting for Patient Transport so have had time to tackle a tricky Octordle finishing on the last guess for 68!

Total Score 3 + 26 + 68 = 97! But I finished safely! 🙂

My sister who usually beats me on every game (Modern Languages vs Physics/Astronomy/IT) actually failed Octordle so nobody need be ashamed.

Last edited:
Congratulations yet again @Rob Oldfield
Do we have a staring word for next Monday's Weekly Challenge? Am I right this time in thinking it will be @littlevoice359 's choice? It's just I need to start practicing...

Pleased to report I have an early result to post for today... unfortunately it's a big one! 🙄

Wordle in 3
Quordle 7 4 8 5 = 24
Octordle =71

Total for the day is just short of a century at 98
If someone tried really hard they might snatch the wooden spoon from me.... I have hopes of seeing Toby and Robin coming galloping to my rescue again today, not that I wish you bad luck of course. In fact I am quite happy for anyone else to save me from the shame of my usual last place.

Felt quite good after my physio and an afternoon nap so decided to have a go before bed. Wonder if @rebrascora is beavering away? A Mikey in the Middle performance but happy with it as flowed once I got going. Wordle had me puzzled after two goes but third guess gave me an anagram. 🙂

Wordle in 4
Octordle in 7 for 21 (5. 6. 7. 3)
Wordle in 11 for 60

Total Score 85! Beatable particularly if someone gets a better start in Octordle but you don't have to! :rofl:

DNF (two misses in Octordle) so wooden spoon for me today 😡:(

Attachments

• IMG_1922.jpeg
    IMG_1922.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1
Bit mixed for me
Wordle in 2 (boom)
Quordle in 6 4 7 5 = 22
Then Octordle in 70!

Makes 94 which by the looks of it is about middle of the deck

And just checking whether any of you old timers have mentioned to @Rob Oldfield that it's sort of an unspoken rule to throw in the odd losing score too? Just saying

Bit mixed for me
Wordle in 2 (boom)
Quordle in 6 4 7 5 = 22
Then Octordle in 70!

Makes 94 which by the looks of it is about middle of the deck

And just checking whether any of you old timers have mentioned to @Rob Oldfield that it's sort of an unspoken rule to throw in the odd losing score too? Just saying
I'll try, honest.

For background, my regular dose of word games has been Wordle and Duotrigordle, so I've not really got a firm idea on what my 'normal' score on Quordle and Octordle is going to be.

Back