Wordle - Quordle Thread

I flunked Octordle.

Wordle in 5
Quordle 2 6 4 8 = 20
Octordle I managed a double X

So no total for me again today and I think I may be safe to claim my Daily Dunce's trophy back from @Mumpie_olgran

I flunked Octordle.

Wordle in 5
Quordle 2 6 4 8 = 20
Octordle I managed a double X

So no total for me again today and I think I may be safe to claim my Daily Dunce's trophy back from @Mumpie_olgran
Octordle was tough today, with two pretty rare (at least for me) words in the mix.

Bright and breezy jet lagged morning has sat relatively kindly with me
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 3 5 7 4 = 19
Octordle in 66

For an 88 which I think just sneaks me past the mikester

I have only done the Quordles so far as I have to get up early so will just ;post my Weekly Challenge result. I doubt I will be choosing next week's starter word having gone to the wire for 27 (6, 9, 5, 7)! :(

Nearly came a cropper on both Quordles, good starts but a scramble at the end, so I played Octordle very conservatively.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 9,7,4,3
Octordle in 70
Total 97

Quordle weekly in 6,9,7,3 =25

For whatever reason I got my best result (3+18+53=74) in quite a while. Completed the weekly challenge (using SCORE starte) in 23.

Attachments

• IMG_1887.png
    IMG_1887.png
    39 KB · Views: 2
It was supposed to be SNORE
Oops. My bad. Should have checked. Not sure it would have made much of a difference to my score?

Another fail for me but at least I had a success in the Weekly Challenge...

Wordle in 3
Quordle 8 3 6 5 = 22
Octordle 4 13 12 6 X X 10 8

Weekly Quordle Challenge 4 7 5 6 = 22 .... using SNORE

Struggled with both Quordle and Octordle today in particular the last two words I hunted down in Octordle!

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 25 (6, 4, 8, 7)
Octordle to the wire for 63

Total Score 92. Now waiting for transport home but fortunately new phone has a better battery!

A pretty decent result (3+22+54=79) this morning, thanks to a few inspired guesses.

Attachments

• IMG_1890.png
    IMG_1890.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 1
I scraped through but happy to post a score, even if it is a big one.
Wordle in 3
Quordle 9 8 3 6 = 26
Octordle on the last life for 68

Total for the day 97.

Still waiting for @Mumpie_olgran to post Weekly Challenge result to see who chooses the starting word.

Will you now please pass me that spoon? I've bombed again...
And scratch

Heading off to US time zone so funny time zones for next few days. If anyone knkws how to trick a phone into thinking I'm still in the UK then let me know and I'll see if I can play on the right days

Hi,

This will vary between phones but on mine it is a case of selecting Settings -> -> System -> Date and Time. Within there turn off "Set date and time automatically" and manually set UK date and time. It's OK if you leave it while travelling. The issue I had was I forgot to go back the few hours I went forward one day and ended up after I reset it with important (related to house sale) emails out of sync with the wrong date-time stamp. I haven't done it since!

Cheers, MikeyBikey

Thanks all for your patience. Not too bad for me today but not a winner
7 6 5 4 = 22
Octordle in 61
Makes 87

Thanks @MikeyBikey for the phone wizardry. That's sorted it for me!

Weekly next

Weekly in 3 7 4 6 for 20

Back