Wordle - Quordle Thread

Tap tap tap goes the wooden spoon for Mumpie... Crashed out on Quordle trying to be clever!
Haven't attempted the others

Fairly mediocre result (3+25+63=91) here. Tricky set of puzzles this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_1878.png
    IMG_1878.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 0
Tap tap tap goes the wooden spoon for Mumpie... Crashed out on Quordle trying to be clever!
Haven't attempted the others
Not so fast! If you are challenging me for my trophy you need to give results. I too crashed on Quordle today and I'm struggling with Octordle with 2 still to get....
Wordle in 4
Quordle 6 X 5 9

Not so fast! If you are challenging me for my trophy you need to give results. I too crashed on Quordle today and I'm struggling with Octordle with 2 still to get....
Wordle in 4
Quordle 6 X 5 9
The game is on! (but probably not til much later for me)
5 X 7 3 so far

Funny how when you walk away and then go back to those puzzles, how a new idea suddenly just hits you. Managed Octordle with a decent score in the end, so my results for today...

Wordle in 4
Quordle 6 X 5 9 = 30 minimum but I had settled on another possible word for that second one, so probably 31
Octordle 54 with 2 lives left.

Well I'm not too sure how to score it but I suspect I might be the Holder of the SoW

Wordle in 4
Octordle 58
Quordle 5 X 7 3. There was only really one remaining possibility for the X so if I give that one a 10 then that would make 25 and a (not so) grand total of 87??

Well I'm not too sure how to score it but I suspect I might be the Holder of the SoW

Wordle in 4
Octordle 58
Quordle 5 X 7 3. There was only really one remaining possibility for the X so if I give that one a 10 then that would make 25 and a (not so) grand total of 87??

Well, even if I got 30 rather than 31 for Quordle that still gives me 4+30+54 = 88 minimum but almost certainly 89, so I can't see how I can possibly relinquish my Wooden Spoon when you only managed 87. Sorry but it is mine! 😉

Well, I am starting today off with a score, so I suppose that is an improvement on yesterday. Very mixed result. Poor Wordle, Excellent Quordle, scraped through Octordle...

Wordle in 6
Quordle 4 6 5 3 = 18
Octordle for 68

Total 92 ....... Definitely beatable but they seemed a bit tricky to me, so might be a casualty or two if you are not careful.

Hope you enjoyed your fish and chips Mikey and your BG levels are playing nicely.

Well second entry of the day is MikeyBikey with an average Wordle, a very poor Quordle and an average Octordle

Wordle in 4
Quordle to the wire for 28 (8, 4, 7, 9)
Octordle in 12 for 61

Total Score 93 just taking the lead for the Spoon of Wood

Yes @rebrascora I went for the Fish 'n' Chips for a late lunch and my evening BG was 7.1

Middling today, started all three well, then got stuck in the middle before scraping home.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 3,8,6,4
Octordle in 61
Total 86

Trailing @Robin by 2 (4+22+62=88). A few wrong guesses in Octordle cost me dearly.

Attachments

• IMG_1881.jpeg
    IMG_1881.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 0
Will you now please pass me that spoon? I've bombed again...
And scratch

Heading off to US time zone so funny time zones for next few days. If anyone knkws how to trick a phone into thinking I'm still in the UK then let me know and I'll see if I can play on the right days

Will you now please pass me that spoon? I've bombed again...
And scratch

Heading off to US time zone so funny time zones for next few days. If anyone knkws how to trick a phone into thinking I'm still in the UK then let me know and I'll see if I can play on the right days
Fair dos! It's yours today fair and square! Not sure I like the idea of you taking it out of the country though! And you might get held up at security with it. I understand US security are quite enthusiastic!
Hope you have a good trip and a smooth flight. Can't help with the phone time zone thing myself but @MikeyBikey used to change time zones to do Wordle before the rest of us, so he might be able to help.

Actually one more travel tip if I may. When the temperature is hotter (25 Celsius or so) does one tend to be more or less insulin sensitive?

Actually one more travel tip if I may. When the temperature is hotter (25 Celsius or so) does one tend to be more or less insulin sensitive?
Most people are more sensitive but some people find they need more insulin. I think it depends whether you feel comfortable and relaxed in the heat or stressed by it, as when stressed the liver will pump out more glucose needing more basal to cover it.

Thank you. The usual "it depends with diabetes" answer then :rofl:

Trailing @MikeyBikey by 1 (4+27+59=90). Pretty disastrous Quordle left me with an uphill battle in Octordle. Lucky not to finish with a truly dismal total.

Attachments

• IMG_1882.jpeg
    IMG_1882.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 0
Back