Wordle - Quordle Thread

Well, I scraped through by the skin of my teeth. I wasted 4 lives on the 4th word in Octordle and was then left with 4 lives left and 4 words to get and was amazed to get 3 of them but was left with only one letter (a common vowel), in the last word. Definitely lucky to finish...

Wordle in 4
Quordle 4 3 8 7 =22
Octordle to the wire with a whopping score of 74

I would have been very happy with a century if I had been playing cricket but less so for this game. 🙄

Rather unimpressive total (3+26+63=92) and lucky to finish Octordle at all, as I only had 2 letters for the last word with 1 try remaining.

Attachments

• IMG_1779.jpeg
    IMG_1779.jpeg
    25 KB · Views: 0
It could be Wurst! :rofl:

So, for a lark, I tried practice Octordle just now using WURST as the starter word. I thought I would bomb out but instead I got one of the lowest scores ever for me. Go figure…

1696330551796.png

Another DNF for me as I failed Octordle.

Wordle in 3
Quordle 5 7 4 8 = 24
Octordle The 8th word ate lives which meant that I didn't have enough left to get the 7th word.

@littlevoice359 Wasn't the Greek word yesterday? Don't think there were any Greek words today.
Well done on the practice Octordle result. I thought you didn't like starting words with just one vowel!

I now see that you posted yesterday so ignore my comment above. For some reason I didn't get alerts for updates on the thread yesterday so assumed they were posted today.

Rather disappointing total (3+22+74=99) this morning, mostly due to a bad start in Octordle.

Attachments

• IMG_1786.jpeg
    IMG_1786.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 0
Another DNF for me as I failed Octordle.

Wordle in 3
Quordle 5 7 4 8 = 24
Octordle The 8th word ate lives which meant that I didn't have enough left to get the 7th word.

@littlevoice359 Wasn't the Greek word yesterday? Don't think there were any Greek words today.
Well done on the practice Octordle result. I thought you didn't like starting words with just one vowel!
I still don’t like starter words with one vowel. The statistician in me says it’s a bad idea. I view my result from yesterday as a fluke statistical outlier.

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8 6 3 5 = 22
Octordle in 62
Gives 87. Not too shabby with some slippery words today

I still don’t like starter words with one vowel.
Probably speaks to me lesser statistical skills but I actually quite like limiting to one vowel as I find them easier to slot in later than consonants!

Err, what happened here? I had said I had not posted the breakdown as I didn't want to gobe the game away in Wordle that was little more than an anagram with my temporary starter word. Otherwise it did me no favours but it could have been WURST! Anyway:

Wordle in 2
Quordle in 8 for 23 (5, 7, 3, 8)
Octordle in 11 for 60

Total Score 85!

Screenshot_20231004_161058.jpg

Screenshot_20231004_160903.jpg

Screenshot_20231004_160825.jpg

Last edited:
No early posting from yours truly tonight. Had Covid booster. Feel OK but very tired and have early doors Foot Clinic. Have a few thoughts do will be asking about them as I think I am rather more concerned about it than they are! :(

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8 6 3 5 = 22
Octordle in 62
Gives 87. Not too shabby with some slippery words today

Probably speaks to me lesser statistical skills but I actually quite like limiting to one vowel as I find them easier to slot in later than consonants!

Well as the winner of the Weekly Challenge it it your choice for the starter word for next week's Challenge with as many vowels you think fit between 0 and 4... :rofl:

So with sleep being denied I plodded on to:

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 21 (6, 3, 4, 8)
Octordle in 12 for 59

Total Score 84!

Probably Mikey in the Middle but I was wrong footed a few times so could go either way!

Quordle in 5 7 3 6 = 21
Octordle in 61 gives me 85

Clearly more ploddy thank @MikeyBikey but only by a bit!
your choice for the starter word for next week
Are you sure? I haven't checked but don't feel like I aced it?

Back