Wordle - Quordle Thread

Wooden spoon for me, I think, since I messed up Octordle. Did manage to complete Quordle weekly (3+5+7+8=23), though, so that’s a plus I guess…

Attachments

• IMG_1800.jpeg
    IMG_1800.jpeg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1
Thinking about it I am not sure using a German word is a good idea when we all complain about American words.

I have at least managed to stumble through a practice Octordle with WURST with a very average score of 68. Whether I can transfer that practice into success with the Weekly Quordle Challenge remains to be seen.

Don't think I am going to wait up to do them before bed tonight though. I will need to be fresh and clear headed if I am using a new word.

But WURST is an American word borrowed from the German!

Note: Fell asleep before I pressed Post Reply...

But WURST is an American word borrowed from the German!
That is even worse.... but it is still a German word first and foremost. At least the Americans managed not to corrupt the spelling when they adopted it!

Anyway, I had another fail at Octordle after doing well in Wordle and Quordle, so sharing the wooden spoon with @littlevoice359.

Wordle in 3
Quordle 5 4 6 7 = 22
Octordle I am kicking myself because twice I had an anagram and talked myself out of the right answer first so two wated lives meant I ran out to get the final word.

Weekly Challenge with WURST (grudgingly 🙄) 6 8 7 4 = 25

Nothing too special from me although I did finish
4, 23 and 63...

Weekly in a pretty uninspiring 5 8 7 6 for 26

Definitely not me choosing next time!

Really Stop-Start with the Wordless today but now finished and ready for the Weekly Challenge before bed..

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8 for. 25 (7, 6, 8, 4)
Octordle in 11 for 58

Total Score 88!

I have a result (Yes!!) before heading off to bed ....

Wordle in 3
Quordle 4 5 7 3 = 19
Octordle Just scraped through on the last life with a score of 66

Total for the day is a very beatable 88 but I think I may not have to accept the wooden spoon today as there were a couple of tricky ones.

Bit better for me this morning
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 6 5 3 4 = 18
Octordle in 60
For an 82

Pass me the Spoon of Wood @rebrascora ! I have been doing them as I wait for Patient Transport. I had a flying start with Wordle, struggled slightly with Quordle but a disaster with Octordle with three words being problematical. Needed a 14th guess to bring it home..

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 7 for 22 (7, 5, 6, 4)
Octordle DNF

Last edited:
Tough going this morning for a poor result (3+25+65=93).

Attachments

• IMG_1804.jpeg
    IMG_1804.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 0
My layout... Definitely some tricky ones

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231010_144000.jpg
    Screenshot_20231010_144000.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 4
That’s interesting, @Mumpie_olgran , same score, completely different order.
Daily Octordle #624
7️⃣6️⃣
5️⃣
4️⃣
9️⃣8️⃣
Score: 60
Well that went well, it hasn’t copied two of my goes, the two missing are 10 and below it 11. This is why I don’t usually bother to c +p my answers.

It was Word 7 that caused me the most head scratching although I got it early on, but it was the last letter not being preceded by one of it's usual associates that really threw me. Then I got to word 6 last and I only had 2 letters both non-descript and only one of them was green and only the last life to get it, so that was a bit skin of the teeth!

It was Word 7 that caused me the most head scratching although I got it early on, but it was the last letter not being preceded by one of it's usual associates that really threw me. Then I got to word 6 last and I only had 2 letters both non-descript and only one of them was green and only the last life to get it, so that was a bit skin of the teeth!
Yes, for word 7, I’d only got the G left that could possibly go in front of the last letter, and it wouldn’t play ball with other letters I'd got, so I had to stop and think. Word 6 was hard because I'd got hardly any help on it, only 2 correct letters and neither in the right place, but on the other hand I’d got hardly any letters left, so doubling up seemed the only solution.

Would kick myself if I had two legs! :rofl: Just realised in Guess 13 I used a letter I had already eliminated! :( I did not excel myself!

Back