Wordle - Quordle Thread

No!

Finished Octordle with not quite a flourish in 12 for 61 giving me

A Total Score of 94!

So it's Mikey in the Middle again! 🙂

Leaving Challenge for later as doing kippers as no one to complain about smell these days!

Agreed that SQUIZ was a lousy starter word. Took me 29 to finish the weekly. May have put off my concentration for Octordle as I got a DNF due to a silly mistake.

Attachments

• IMG_1755.jpeg
    IMG_1755.jpeg
    22 KB · Views: 2
Well I made it through them all but we clearly all found it challenging today and results are tightly grouped.

Wordle in 4
Quordle 4 8 5 7 = 24
Octordle on my last life for 66

Total for the day is a tie with my mate Mikey on 94, so congrats to @Mumpie_olgran for just stealing the gold star today.

Weekly Quordle was tough with Squiz, especially in hard mode, but I scraped through.... just.... 9 8 5 6 = 28

Enjoyed my kippers then was on the phone sorting appointments. First I had a clash with the Foot Clinic that they deemed could not be changed despite me only finding out Saturday. Then half-an-hour I got a call postponing the Foot Clinic by two days exactly the same time as another appointment at another location. I wish all these appointment databases would be joined up! Rant over!

Then onto the Weekly Challenge. It took me to the wire for 27 (5, 6, 7.9)! University Challenge will be light relief in comparison!

Screenshot_20230925_110007.jpg

@rebrascora have updated as posted accidently!

Last edited:
Looks like I am first today. Rather better than yesterday thankfully!

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 7 for 20 (3, 7, 6, 4)
Octordle in 11 for 56

Total Score 80!

Way better than me @MikeyBikey
6 5 8 3
And 68
Makes a rather glum 93

Narrow squeak on Wordle, improved a little after that.
Wordle in 6
Quordle in 4,6,7,2
Octordle in 62.
Total 87

Wooden spoon for me I’m afraid. Lapse of concentration turned Octordle into a DNF disaster.

Attachments

• IMG_1758.png
    IMG_1758.png
    30 KB · Views: 2
Iam sharing the wooden spoon with @littlevoice359 as also had a DNF on Octordle.

Wordle in 3
Quordle 5 6 7 4 = 22
Octordle DNF Started well with a 2 on the first word which took a lot of figuring out but then it all went downhill after that 🙄

Double disaster for me this morning. I did make a stupid mistake in Octordle but since I was two words short at the end I probably still would have failed, even without the mistake..

Wordle in 3 .... so I started rather well but then it all went downhill rapidly.
Wordle X 8 4 7
Octordle X 4 X 9 10 6 12 13

Can't imagine that you guys can do anything other than better than me, so I don't think I need to wish you luck!.

I felt that Quordle and Octordle were tricky this morning going to the wire with Octordle. Wordle was none too good as I tried out CHEST and decided not to try it with the others!

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8 for 20 (7, 3, 6, 4)
Octordle to the wire for 67

Total Score 92!

Well I was doing passably well with
And 3 4 5 for the first 3 in Quordle. Then couldn't finish it! I think sleepy me was playing hard mode (or indulging in guesswork) and I should have crossed off a few more letters

Hey ho and bonne chance

I started flying through Quordle as well, but got stuck on the last, fortunately I managed to guess it after 3 tries. Also had a good start in Octordle, then got stuck on the final word.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 5,3,8,4
Octordle in 58
Total 82

Pretty mediocre result today (4+20+67=91), mostly courtesy of several pitfalls in Octordle. Frankly, I think I was lucky to finish all three puzzles.

Attachments

• IMG_1762.jpeg
    IMG_1762.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 0
Not a brilliant showing as never really got into the flow with any of the games.

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8 for 24 (7, 8, 4, 5)
Octordle to the wire for 66

Total Score 95! I suspect it will be Mikey in the Middle as not a winning score but many traps for the unwary! :rofl:

Not a brilliant showing as never really got into the flow with any of the games.

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8 for 24 (7, 8, 4, 5)
Octordle to the wire for 66

Total Score 95! I suspect it will be Mikey in the Middle as not a winning score but many traps for the unwary! :rofl

Back