Wordle - Quordle Thread

Still waiting for Patient Transport. As I had to be ready for 8:00 I could have had another 1.5 hours in bed. Anyway Old Bleary Eyes has worked through the Wordles:

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8 for 21 (8, 3, 4, 6)
Octordle in 12 for 59

By.my adding up a Total Score of 85!

A late one but a reasonably good one for me. At least from Octordle

4 5 7 6 = 22
And 56

Makes 82 by my arithmathadding up

Well a definite Hero to Zero today and a contender for the Spoon of Wood! Excellent Wordle but then struggled all the way!

Wordle in 3
Quordle to the wire for 29 (8, 7, 9, 5)
Octordle to the wire for 70

Grand Total Score 102! :(

Failed Quordle ! Have saved @MikeyBikey from the wooden spoon! Usually use a certain letter early on, but went off at a tangent and didn’t, then found later that I needed that letter in three of the words. Subsequently played Octordle very conservatively as it wasn’t going to count.
Wordle in 4
Octordle in 73

Crashed on Octordle. Don't think it was particularly hard I was just being dumb!

A less than spectacular result (3+24+67=94). Again relieved to have finished all three puzzles.

Attachments

• IMG_1740.jpeg
    IMG_1740.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
A less than spectacular result (3+24+67=94). Again relieved to have finished all three puzzles.

Well done! I was bemused to be in the lead but they are trickier than the answers suggest. The only Score we are waiting upon is @rebrascora who on past performance will either be on the bottom or top step! :rofl:

Back to my usual form and snatching the wooden spoon from you "light weights" who only managed to fail on one of the 3 puzzles. Not only did I fail on Quordle AND Octordle but I failed on 2 words in Octordle. Just disappointed I didn't make it a full house, but I got Wordle in 4.

Well done to @littlevoice359 They didn't look to be particularly tricky but they clearly were!

Started Wordling to take my mind, unsuccessfully, of phantom pain while waited for the pain killers to come in. With

Wordle in 5
And Quordle to the wire

I am leaving Octordle till the dawn! It looks as if @rebrascora is as well! 🙂

Failed Quordle again! That’s not how I’d spell the word I failed on, but I should have remembered that’s how Quordle spells it, I’m sure it’s come up before.
Wordle in 4
Octordle in 60

Better result today (3+24+56=83). Lucky in Wordle and Octordle both, in that I remembered just in time that puzzles often use US spellings. Something I find very annoying at times…

Attachments

• IMG_1746.jpeg
    IMG_1746.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1
I have now done Octordle with my brain seeming to function better after a few more hours sleep!

Wordle in 5
Quordle to the wire for 25 (5, 4, 7, 9)
Octordle in 11 for 60

Total Score 90! So it's Mikey in the Middle! :rofl:

I did Wordle last night but struggled with Quordle and went to bed with 2 words left to get and only 2 lives left but nothing jumping out at me at all so I am poised for failure but maybe some divine inspiration will hit me when I go back to it. Not even looked at Octordle yet.

Not divine inspiration as such but I will confess that @Robin's comment about the American spelling definitely helped me (Thanks Robin! :D) , so I scraped through Quordle by the absolute skin of my teeth, but managed a pretty good Octordle...

Wordle in 4
Quordle 8 4 7 9 = 28
Octordle with 2 lives left and a score of 55

Total for the day 87

Sorry no post from me today as I haven't got round to them. Reason being a celebratorysorrowdrowner drink on the way.
Had a dr trip who was v pleased with the HBA1c (55 doen from 73 at diagnosis) but cholesterol up to 9.5 from 6
Large vino awaits then I'll see in what messures I'm pleased or annoyed!

Sorry no post from me today as I haven't got round to them. Reason being a celebratorysorrowdrowner drink on the way.
Had a dr trip who was v pleased with the HBA1c (55 doen from 73 at diagnosis) but cholesterol up to 9.5 from 6
Large vino awaits then I'll see in what messures I'm pleased or annoyed!

Slightly puzzled by the changes (congratulations on the HBA1c BTW).. What diet are you following?

Yeah it's pretty weird isn't it. Definitely lower carb than pre diagnosis but still fairly balanced. I guess broad label would be lower carb (sub 100g a day) and higher fat (cheeses, proper yoghurt, nice stuff really!) the latter have been great for smoothing the BS spikes

Tons of veg, salad etc too

I have got a pretty unhelpful liver at the moment so maybe there's something to that. Not the end of the world and def not in your territory mikey. Suspect it's statins on the way so there's another pill to add to the popping agenda

Back