Wordle - Quordle Thread

I decided to use RHYME as the starting word for all 4 puzzles. The result was less than spectacular (3+27+76=106), though on a positive note, I completed Quordle weekly in 20.

Attachments

• IMG_1732.jpeg
    IMG_1732.jpeg
    21.4 KB · Views: 3
Interrupted by a weekly food shop. Back to the important business of the day. I should have got bottom right in 2, just didn’t twig.
Weekly challenge in 7,4,8,3
Total 22, tying with @MikeyBikey .

I should have got bottom right in 2, just didn’t twig.

I can't believe that bottom right word came up when we had chosen this starting word! What are the odds of that? There can't be many other 5 letter words starting with those 2 letters. I thought it was a gift! I think playing hard mode made me focus on that word first though, so in some respects it helped me, but then there wasn't much to go on after that I had a couple of flashes of genius 😎 though and maybe some luck 🙄 to get my result. Probably more the latter than the former..😉

Well nothing as good as yesterday. Started well with Wordle nut after getting two words quickly floundered somewhat in Quordle. Octordle was only slightly better!

Wordle in 3
Quordle to the wire for 21 (9, 7, 4, 3)
Octordle in 12 for 63

Total Score 87 so easily beatable!

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 22
And Octordle in 61 makes....

Not quite easily beaten @MikeyBikey but pipped in a photo finish so far. Suspect that it won't stand the test of time though

And 5 8 6 2 for the weekly which slides me in nicely into the pack somewhere

Hard to draw substantive conclusions about different starting words without a lot more data. Bit like my old friend T1D :D. Merits a smiley from me as I am on top of basal at the moment (I seem to be moving around a lot at the moment, maybe that's a tempestuous honeymoon period) and sooo much easier to find some stability

Anon mes amis

And 5 8 6 2 for the weekly which slides me in nicely into the pack somewhere

Hard to draw substantive conclusions about different starting words without a lot more data. Bit like my old friend T1D :D. Merits a smiley from me as I am on top of basal at the moment (I seem to be moving around a lot at the moment, maybe that's a tempestuous honeymoon period) and sooo much easier to find some stability

Anon mes amis

For next week's Quordle Weekly Challenge I propose SQUIZ! to mix things up a bit? 🙂

Sandwich today. Good Wordle, squeak home on Quordle, good Octordle.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 5,4,8,9
Octordle in 53.
I was nearly stuffed on my final word in Octordle (bottom left) I’d got off to such a flyer on some of the others, I had hardly any letters towards it.
Total 82

Wooden spoon for me today I’m almost certain.

Grand total: 6+19+72=97.

Attachments

• IMG_1734.jpeg
    IMG_1734.jpeg
    21.8 KB · Views: 0
I got a competitive score today although I haven't totaled it yet. Did really well at Wordle and Quordle last night and then decided to go to bed before I blew it, then just attempted Octordle with my coffee and had some real inspiration and for once when I had 2 choices I chose the right one first.

Wordle in 3
Quordle
Daily Quordle 603
6️⃣2️⃣
5️⃣4️⃣ = 17
Octordle
Daily Octordle #603
4️⃣9️⃣
6️⃣5️⃣
7️⃣
2️⃣8️⃣
Score: 51

Total for the day = 71

Rock crusher!

I am up for SQUIZ next week with the Weekly Challenge but you will need to remind me nearer the day as I am likely to forget. 🙄

Well @rebrascora has well and truly thrashed us today with probably the lowest score ever! 🙂
Actually, I got a total score of 68 on April 19th due to a record breaking Octordle score of 39 .....Post #1086 if you want to check it out...... but was definitely on a roll today as I got good scores across the board!
Again I think hard mode really made me dig in and focus. It is just typical of me though for inconsistency..... mostly rubbish with occasional flashes of brilliance 😎 (or sheer luck) 🙄.

Just to prove my inconsistency, I got a whopping cricket score this morning. Scraped through each one on the last life by the skin of my teeth...
Wordle in 6
Quordle 9 8 5 6 = 28
Octordle with a score of 68

Total for the day 102..... I'm a bit surprised as I expected it to be even higher, but I double checked it so hopefully my maths is right. I don't think it will take much effort or skill to beat it! 🙄

Just to prove my inconsistency, I got a whopping cricket score this morning. Scraped through each one on the last life by the skin of my teeth...
Wordle in 6
Quordle 9 8 5 6 = 28
Octordle with a score of 68

Total for the day 102..... I'm a bit surprised as I expected it to be even higher, but I double checked it so hopefully my maths is right. I don't think it will take much effort or skill to beat it! 🙄

It's arithmetic not mathematics which I am sure @Robin 's son confirmed. My brain is beyond Wordle as the words I am coming up with are AGONY, CRAMP, THROB, HURTS, SPASM as I am in the throes of PHANTOM pain which has racked my BG from around 8 to 12. 7. Went to bed early as early start - just hope I manage to get up and ready! As they say The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Mikey! :rofl:

Managed to complete all today, but nothing to write home about.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8,5,7,4
Octordle in 63
Total 92.

Shall we just call it adding up?
My son actually said he has always considered Arithmetic to be a subset of Maths (see post #2222 above).

Managed to complete all today, but nothing to write home about.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8,5,7,4
Octordle in 63
Total 92.

Shall we just call it adding up?
My son actually said he has always considered Arithmetic to be a subset of Maths (see post #2222 above).

He will make a politician! :rofl:

A pretty mediocre result (6+18+68=92) but I think I was lucky to finish all three puzzles.

Attachments

• IMG_1737.png
    IMG_1737.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 1
Back