Wordle - Quordle Thread

Your chance of the Gold @rebrascora as it's an open goal! Or will it be our first ever void day? :rofl:
Oh Wow! My PC wasn't playing ball earlier so I am not up to date with what is happening and not going to read other posts until I have tackled them in case it puts me off or adds pressure. Off to try them now........

Well, I hate to follow a trend but I failed too but it was Octordle that got me in the end and I had solved it if I had only had an extra life. I suppose we could all say that.

Wordle in 5
Quordle 8 4 9 6 and I was really lucky as I was down to two options on the last life and for once I chose the right one first!
Octordle, it took me 5 lives just to get the first word so I was on the back foot from there.

I was tempted to abandon difficult mode before I started knowing that you guys had all failed in some way or other but I stuck to my guns. Whether it would have made any difference I don't know. Happy that I am in good company. You can all come and keep me company in dunce's corner today!

Not sure why you are giving me a gold star @MikeyBikey unless you are awarding them to everyone today for failing. Solidarity and all that! 🙄

Not sure why you are giving me a gold star @MikeyBikey unless you are awarding them to everyone today for failing. Solidarity and all that! 🙄

No I was trying to give you a Thumbs Up but the ambulance was bouncing around with me seated over the axle. Anyway I have given everybody a Gold Star for the team as its the first time we have all failed. I actually wonder if Quordle was actually compiled to catch people out as I have only ever failed on single words. Anyway I have now done Octordle in 12 for 68 but it was only a half hearted attempt! :(

No I was trying to give you a Thumbs Up but the ambulance was bouncing around with me seated over the axle. Anyway I have given everybody a Gold Star for the team as its the first time we have all failed. I actually wonder if Quordle was actually compiled to catch people out as I have only ever failed on single words. Anyway I have now done Octordle in 12 for 68 but it was only a half hearted attempt! :(
I like your ambulance giving out gold stars willy nilly, so I am giving you one back, so that you are not left out or the Gold star team of united failures. 🙄 Tomorrow is another day!

Patient Transport tell you to be ready two hours before appointment time. Yesterday they came before that! Today I had to be ready for 7:00 and had to get an alarm call from an early riser as I sleep through my own with these horse antibiotics! Anyway been waiting long enough to do the Wordles. Fairly sailed through Wordle and Quordle but had a few to many Octordle options.

Wordle in 2
Quordle in 6 for 18 (4, 3, 5, 6)
Octordle in 12 for 66

Total Score 86! Beatable with a good Octordle run me thinks...

A better result today, considering yesterday’s debacle. Though it looks like I’m in last place so may get the wooden spoon after all. Oh well, such is life…

Grand total: 2+23+63=88.

Attachments

• IMG_1665.jpeg
    IMG_1665.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1
Though it looks like I’m in last place so may get the wooden spoon after all. Oh well, such is life…
Don't worry, I am here to save you! My brain was absolutely not in gear this morning and I made some really shocking mistakes.

Wordle in 2
Quordle kept me in my run of fails.
Octordle I just scraped through with a score of 68.

This is my 5th DNF in a row. Perhaps I should retire but then one of you guys would have to collect my award. Plus I must be due a really epic score soon!

This is my 5th DNF in a row. Perhaps I should retire but then one of you guys would have to collect my award. Plus I must be due a really epic score soon!
Are you still using self imposed hard mode for Quordle and Octordle? I tend to work with what I've letters I've got, à la hard mode, unless I’ve got nothing useful to work with, when I use a second 'starting word' ie one with all different letters. I also then use a third starting word if I’m still getting nowhere. I’m just worried that by mentioning that I tend to use what letters I've got, I’ve lured you into thinking I do that all the time, whereas it depends entirely on how it’s going.
The only one I’m strict with is Wordle, because if you’ve set it to hard mode, it won’t let you ignore correctly guessed letters.

Don't worry @Robin, I am happy enough making it more difficult for myself and bringing up the rear, with the very occasional flash of brilliance (AKA luck 🙄). At least I have an excuse for doing badly although today there was no excuse, I just was not paying attention at all and made lots of mistakes so totally deserve to sit on the stool in the corner with the dunces hat on!

Mixed bag today.So-so start on Wordle, failed Quordle, falling foul of that four letter combo that has about ten different possibilities for a starting letter, and then did my best Octordle, which was a bit of a waste, as I didn’t get a total score,
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8,3,X,6
Octordle in 52 with three lives left.

Thanks for the warning @MikeyBikey but probably would have failed even if I had seen your post before I attempted them....

Wordle in 5
Quordle 8 9 X 6
Octordle in 58 with 2 lives left

Whilst a very similar result to @Robin I think I can safely relieve her of the wooden spoon as my run of DNFs continues.

Pretty dismal result this morning, though I’m happy to have completed all three puzzles as there was quite an element of luck involved I thought. Grand total: 4+23+68=95.

Attachments

• IMG_1670.jpeg
    IMG_1670.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 2
Giving up for tonight. A fairly brilliant Wordle followed by dismal Quordle.(be careful @rebrascora)

Wordle in 2
Quordle to the wire for 27

Well no fresh head after waking at 5:00 with phantom pain! :( Anyway a very poor outcome even if I did finish.

Octordle to the wire for 70

Total Score 99! I wouldn't mind an ice cream now! :rofl:

Last edited:
No @Mumpie_olgran the past couple of days. Hope just too busy doing more interesting things!!

Anyway, I have resorted to waiting up and doing the puzzles before bed as I seem to do better at this time of day.... and hooray! I have actually completed all 3 for the first time in 6 days!

Wordle in 3
Quordle 4 6 8 7 = 25
Octordle with 2 lives left and a score of 58

If my maths is correct, that makes a total of 86 which is very beatable I am sure but just happy to have a final score.
Don't think there was anything terribly tricky.... can't have been really because I finished! 🙄

Exhausted but that old phantom pain interrupted proceedings again! After average Wordle and Quordle Octordle went pear shaped with a bad guess and multiple choices. I knew the last two words but ran out of guesses! :(

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 21 (5, 6, 8, 2)
Octordle FAIL!

Will so.meone share the Spoon of Wood with me today? :rofl:

Back