Wordle - Quordle Thread

Well, I am on a roll.... a roll of failures that is! 🙄

Wordle in 5
Quordle 8 7 6 5 = 26
Octordle DNF yet again!

@Mumpie_olgran Which word did you start the weekly challenge with and are we all going to use the same one?

Which word did you start the weekly challenge with and are we all going to use the same
I haven't started the weekly and looks like others already have, so if people are up for it our science project can kick off with someone else's or maybe next week?

Better result this morning. Grand total: 3+23+58=84. Weekly challenge completed with score of 22.
My starter word for the weekly challenge was ADIEU

Attachments

• IMG_1660.jpeg
    IMG_1660.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 2
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8 7 6 4 = 25
Octordle in 59
Makes a not displeasing-but-not-in-mikey town... 87

Messages crossed, should have mentioned not in @littlevoice359 town either!
Well done both
I might have a stab with adieu shortly on the weekly

I might have a stab with adieu shortly on the weekly
Not particularly well is the short answer!
8 6 4 7 for 25. Although I was being pretty dozy I think

That was interesting using ADIEU. Forgot to clarify if we were playing hard version or easier? I played hard as I always do, so I can't guess words if they don't have those letters in them.

Anyway my Weekly Challenge Quordle result starting with Adieu and playing @Robin's hard way was....
7 8 6 5 = 26

Funny how, if you use the same starting word every time, you get into a habit of seeing patterns, at least I do with my starting word and you lose that with a different starting word.
Apologies to @Mumpie_olgran this morning as I was rushing to get breakfast and head out to travel to the show and clearly wasn't paying enough attention and for some reason thought you had posted the weekly challenge result first rather than @MikeyBikey

Anyway my Weekly Challenge Quordle result starting with Adieu and playing @Robin's hard way was....
Just to clarifly, lest I make life harder for you, the only one I play in strict hard mode is the original Wordle. But because I play Wordle in hard mode, I do tend to adopt it automatically for the others as well, except on Octordle, where I tend to use a starter word, and then a second word using other letters if I don’t get much from the first go.

Just to clarifly, lest I make life harder for you, the only one I play in strict hard mode is the original Wordle. But because I play Wordle in hard mode, I do tend to adopt it automatically for the others as well, except on Octordle, where I tend to use a starter word, and then a second word using other letters if I don’t get much from the first go.
Ah! I use it for all of them. Maybe that is why I am always claiming the cooking utensil. 🙄

How does hard mode work on the multi word games? Aren't you always getting overlapping letters and you'd have to put in some answers that don't fit for some of the options?

@Mumpie_olgran Once I have some letters in a word, I have guess at those words where I have some letters and use those letters So with adieu on the weekly challenge, I think there were one or two words that didn't have any letters and at least a couple that did so you have to work on those words and use the letters you already have, rather than using a second "starting" word to give you more letters to work with before you actually start figuring things out and making educated guesses.

Aha OK, I may have a dabble at tbat but it sounds really hard! Does it have a setting on it for that is that just personal discipline?

Giving up for today as tired and have blown it!

Wordle in a difficult 5
Quotdle a total fail - 4, X, 7, X

Might try Octordle later in the day but have morning appointments for the next four days!

I failed on two words in Quordle today too, @MikeyBikey ! just had too many options with four letters correct on both of them, and too few goes left.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in X 6 X 5
Octordle in 60.
No total, and a share of the wooden spoon.

D'oh I crashed on Quordle too! I suppose I'm happy to have only crashed on one word of it though
6 4 X 7
Rest of it was OK with 3 and 60 for Octordle

DNF here. Lost interest after Wordle, to be honest. It was a pure fluke that I got that on my third go as there are (I checked) 95 possible answers. That just takes the fun out of it for me.

Attachments

• IMG_1663.jpeg
    IMG_1663.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2
Back