Wordle - Quordle Thread

I take it you mean the first word in Octordle, which interestingly goes with the second word.
Yes. Not one I've ever heard, let alone used
And thank you, I think holiday time scheduling suits my luck well!

Congratulations on yet another good win of a challenging set of quizzes. I take it you mean the first word in Octordle, which interestingly goes with the second word.

@Robin I too was a bit suspicious and hesitant of the same word appearing in two puzzles on the same day! It's like looking a gift horse in the mouth and thinking there must be a catch here somewhere!

And too much of the second word causes the third for me! (appropriate emoji).

@rebrascora scan done and waiting for transport..

@MikeyBikey Have you attempted them yet or are you sleeping off the long day of transport and appointments and the effects of medication?

Anyway, I will start the ball rolling without my partner in crime....

Wordle in 4. Took me ages to get my brain in gear with this one as I only had 2 green by the 3rd attempt and nothing obvious left that would fit. Went and did the other two and then came back to it and pondered somemore and then there it was staring me in the face...
Quordle in 3 6 8 7 = 24
Octordle I had 2 lives left with 2 options and of course I chose the wrong one first but still ended up with a decent score of 59 because I started well.

Total for the day 4 + 24 + 59 = 87 which might if I am lucky save me from the wooden spoon again.... but maybe not!

Good morning @rebrascora! Although I waited far less it was in some ways a disappointing day that I will write about later today.. Just left me rather drained. Then an hour ago I woke to phantom pain! :(

I also did Wordle in 4 as my third guess was an anagram if the answer. My results are:

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 23 (5, 8, 6, 4)
Octordle in 12 for 58

Total Score 85!

So I have a very narrow lead at the moment but imagine it may be beaten!

Got more pedestrian as I went through, after a decent start, lots of one letter wrong attempts, and a couple of anagrams.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8,9,5,6
Octordle in 66
Total 97

Not exactly a spectacular result for me today, but happy to complete all three puzzles.

Grand total: 4+25+62=91.

Attachments

• IMG_1651.jpeg
    IMG_1651.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 0
Don't wait up for me. I'm hacking my way through. Octordle in 67 and Quordle in 25 so I'm going to pause before butchering Wordle too!

Don't wait up for me. I'm hacking my way through. Octordle in 67 and Quordle in 25 so I'm going to pause before butchering Wordle too!
And there it is. Wordle in 5 to share the utensil with @Robin on an overall 97

Better luck tomorrow I hope

Is @rebrascora Wordling or posting. I was chomping at the bit to distract myself from the second bad bout of phantom pain in 24 hours. OK start with Wordle and Quordle but only two words after six goes in Octordle! Anyway struggled through and painkillers finally starting to manage the pain. If it wasn't for the sugar content I might compare red Smarties to the rubbish Gabapentin! Anyway back to the Wordles :

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 22 (8, 3, 6, 5)
Octordle in 12 for 64

Total Score 90! Beatable but a slightly odd mix in Octordle...

It is a fail for me today. I started last night but got stuck in Octordle and couldn't keep my eyes open. Used far too many lives getting as far as I did and this morning I don't have time to think long and hard as heading off to a show so I let myself be impulsive whenI had no lives to play with and dipped out as a result.

Wordle in 3
Quordle to the wire for 22
Octordle DNF

Better luck to the rest of you later and hope your phantom pain eased and you were able to get some sleep @MikyBikey. (((HUGS)))

Great score @Robin!

Mixed for me. Having a bit of a slump on the multi word ones with 67 and 4 8 7 6 for 25 taking me to 92 then had a bit of luck on wordle with a 2 so a not particularly grand 94 total

Disappointing result today I’m afraid. Grand total: 3+26+66=95

Attachments

• IMG_1653.jpeg
    IMG_1653.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 0
Congrats to @Robin on an impressive score yesterday.
I have managed to fail again today on Octordle. My starting word didn't give me much to go on and so I focused on the first word and it took me 5 lives to get it and after that I had an anagram and a couple that the final letter had a coice of 2 or 3 and I insisted on choosing the wrong ones first.

Wordle in 4. I got one gold from my first guess and thenthought of the correct word but decided that using other letters would discount more options or perhaps be more likely, so I wasted two lives before coming back to that word. Grr!

Quordle 8 4 6 7= 25

Octordle DNF. :(

Good morning feow Wordlers! After a reasnoble Wordle and Quordle I got stuck half way through Quordle and slept on it for six hours.

Wordle in 4
Quordle 7 for 22 (7, 6, 4, 5)
Octordle in 12 for a Heinz 57

Total Score 83! Maybe a winner, maybe not!

4 5 6 7 for 22 in Quordle
Wordle in 4
And Octordle in 60
Makes 86

I thought quite a tough one today as I had good outcomes with a couple of guesses. @rebrascora I might need to compare notes with you on wordle after the fact as I had exactly the same!

Congrats to @MikeyBikey so far

Another rather disappointing result today. Grand total: 5+26+62=93.

Attachments

• IMG_1654.jpeg
    IMG_1654.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 0
Back