What do u take on holiday for hypos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hope the frisking wasn't visibly too enjoyable

icon_naughty.gif

I always ate in the hospital restaurant as it was included so don't know about the packaging information. the translation for carbohydrate in spanish is carbohidrato though.
I worked my doses out by eyeballing my plate and kinda guessing from experience how much. It was a chalenge at times as I sometimes had rice, potato, pasta and bread on my plate at the same meal.

I always ate in the hospital restaurant as it was included so don't know about the packaging information. the translation for carbohydrate in spanish is carbohidrato though.
I worked my doses out by eyeballing my plate and kinda guessing from experience how much. It was a chalenge at times as I sometimes had rice, potato, pasta and bread on my plate at the same meal.

?? Is hospital food anywhere in the world edible? 😱

right ok thanks 🙂 did u need to reduce your insulin intake on hol aswell???

Im on the diabetes uk website looking at the travelling with diabetes page and it says that if you become unwell I will need to tell the doctor the generic name and not just the brand name of my insulin. What does it mean by generic??

I use novorpid and lantus...

ta

Hey

I actually live in Spain, Nr Alicante.

NovoRapid and Lantus are both called the same here. I use a NovoRapid Flexpen and Lantus Solostar (formerly Optiset).

Note that if you were to have any major problems as a last resort you can purchase both insulin and test strips from pretty much any local farmacia (pharmacy) although it would be full retail price.

If you need any info shoot me a email info@diabetesinspain.com

right ok thanks 🙂 did u need to reduce your insulin intake on hol aswell???

It's pretty warm here now and I find even now when it hots up a little that insulin delivery is somewhat quicker than it is in say april/may.

The heat does speed up the absorption of insulin so take and check regulary until you have sussed it for yourself.

I'm sure you will figure it out pretty quickly (have some sugar handy 😉 )

Hey

I actually live in Spain, Nr Alicante.

NovoRapid and Lantus are both called the same here. I use a NovoRapid Flexpen and Lantus Solostar (formerly Optiset).

Note that if you were to have any major problems as a last resort you can purchase both insulin and test strips from pretty much any local farmacia (pharmacy) although it would be full retail price.

If you need any info shoot me a email info@diabetesinspain.com

aww really 🙂 thats a great help !! thanks alot 🙂

It's pretty warm here now and I find even now when it hots up a little that insulin delivery is somewhat quicker than it is in say april/may.

The heat does speed up the absorption of insulin so take and check regulary until you have sussed it for yourself.

I'm sure you will figure it out pretty quickly (have some sugar handy 😉 )

aww thanks 🙂 do you carb count? what about countin carbs on packaging??

and where do u keep your blood meter and strips??

I don't really carb count *** hand slapped ***
Although most spanish packaging is clear. Once you know what you are looking for.

Carbs = Hidratos de Carbono
Sugar = Azucar/Azucares

With regards to meter & strips. These are kept in the house, away from direct sunlight and thats about it. New unused strips are stored in a small locker/cabinet in my lounge..

🙂

I don't really carb count *** hand slapped ***
Although most spanish packaging is clear. Once you know what you are looking for.

Carbs = Hidratos de Carbono
Sugar = Azucar/Azucares

With regards to meter & strips. These are kept in the house, away from direct sunlight and thats about it. New unused strips are stored in a small locker/cabinet in my lounge..

🙂

aww right, well thanks 🙂 do u know if the weather is going to be hot next week there?? lol

aww right, well thanks 🙂 do u know if the weather is going to be hot next week there?? lol
It's pretty warm now @ 9.40pm approx 78?

I would imagine that it will be very pleasant for you next week? Where are you heading?

just wanted to ask you all, If you drink alot on holiday or do u tend to stay off the drink because of heat etc ??

ta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back