What do u take on holiday for hypos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I don't know, I've just looked at the letter I got sent from novo Nordisk (they produce novorapid) and they didn't give me the generic name, but said the local name in Morocco is also novorapid. I don't know who produces Lantus. Maybe worth contacting novo nordisk & makers of lantus, and asking them for the info for where you are going?

Klkl, so do I just phone and ask for the generic names of my insulin??

Just wondering aswell, Why do we need to know this ? lol 😛

where do u get batteries for your blood meters??

do the shops sell them or will I contact my manufacturer??

Manufacturer - they're free - well, thanks to the NHS paying over the odds for the test strips 🙄

Im on the diabetes uk website looking at the travelling with diabetes page and it says that if you become unwell I will need to tell the doctor the generic name and not just the brand name of my insulin. What does it mean by generic??

I use novorpid and lantus...

ta

Hi,

Generic names as needed, they are needed as these are the none-localised/marketing names for the insulins, as they could change country to country.

NovoRapid is 'insulin aspart'

Lantus is 'insulin glargene' by Aventis Pharam

Hi,

Generic names as needed, they are needed as these are the none-localised/marketing names for the insulins, as they could change country to country.

Einstein,

As you seem to be such a well informed chap, do you know the generic name for levemir, then I'll make of note of them for future ref.

Cheers

Rossi

Einstein,

As you seem to be such a well informed chap, do you know the generic name for levemir, then I'll make of note of them for future ref.

Cheers

Rossi

Rossi,

Here you are: insulin detemir

Cheers,

David

Hi,

So do i just keep a note of this and i wont need to phone up now??

Manufacturer - they're free - well, thanks to the NHS paying over the odds for the test strips 🙄

ok so where do i get the batteries from then ??

Will i phone up freestyle and ask?

ok so where do i get the batteries from then ??

Will i phone up freestyle and ask?

Try the manufacturer's website, they often have a free order page for batteries - you will probably need to register your meter first so find the serial number (usually on the back of the meter). Or phone them, if it's easier!🙂

Hey you're nearly ready for your hols! I bet your looking forward to it!!

Hiya, Yep I am indeed, will be nice to get away for a bit :D:D

you off anywhere nice this year ??

you off anywhere nice loz????

Hiya, Yep I am indeed, will be nice to get away for a bit :D:D

you off anywhere nice this year ??

Maybe see some family up your way (well north of the border!) and a camping trip to the peak district! So well jealous of your imminent trip!

PS what does "klkl" mean! these abbreviations making me feel old! Just thought is it cool, cool?

I have learned so much from this site and I have only been on here a few hours. I had no idea about not being able to take lucozade on an aeroplane. I haven't flown since being diabetic or the new restrictions. Thanks to all for the knowledge.

Maybe see some family up your way (well north of the border!) and a camping trip to the peak district! So well jealous of your imminent trip!

PS what does "klkl" mean! these abbreviations making me feel old! Just thought is it cool, cool?

😛😛 lol yes thats what it means soz lol 😛
you cant be that old, cause u knew what it meant anyway hehe 🙂

what about flight socks??

do they need to be worn ??

my flight is about 2-2 and a half hours

ta.

ta.

they are only really of any use on long haul flights. so i wouldnt bother with them just remember to move your feet around a bit and maybe have a walk up and down a couple of times to 🙂

ta.

I was told flight socks were bad for diabetics as they restrict circulation. I don't think you'd need them on a short flight like that though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back