What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was tinned do make my own i do butternut squash & red pepper buts its naughty as it has philly cheese in it min 200g! Its cool here today.

@Donna Gregory
Hi. Have you tried Nature Valley protein bars as a snack or when youre not feeling too hungry? I keep a small stock of them in the cupboard - my favourite is Salted Caramel - 9.4g carb per bar - 4 bars in a pack - there are other flavours too - I know @Kaylz stocks them, she will no doubt tell you more when she reads this post.
I also buy the Alpen Light range bars - Banoffee is 10g carb per bar - 5 bars in a pack - and also Cherry Bakewell flavour is 11g carb per bar.
Mini bread sticks are one of my favourite in between meals snack - 1.2g carb per mini stick.
Hope this is helpful to you. Take care x
WL

Thank you i used to snack on the gohead bars as i like them but worry now if carbs to high. Not feeling best today think got starting of a chest infection! On top of ladies things just great!

The other protein flavour available is peanut and chocolate they are 9.6g carbs per bar, they are also gluten free! WL I'm actually running out as the Tesco in the next town have stopped stocking them! I'm raging!, so if you know anywhere that sells bulk let me know haha x

Thank you i used to snack on the gohead bars as i like them but worry now if carbs to high. Not feeling best today think got starting of a chest infection! On top of ladies things just great!
These are 2 reasons known why bgls are a little erratic. Sorry to hear you may be going down with a chest infection Donna - do please make an appointment to see your GP - If it becomes worse over the weekend, (difficulty breathing) then I suggest that you visit your local out of hours walk-in-centre or A&E, you may well need a course of antibiotics to clear up the infection. Take care
WL

The other protein flavour available is peanut and chocolate they are 9.6g carbs per bar, they are also gluten free! WL I'm actually running out as the Tesco in the next town have stopped stocking them! I'm raging!, so if you know anywhere that sells bulk let me know haha x
Ooops Kaylz 🙄 I wonder why Tesco aren't stocking anymore 😡 I don't know about bulk but Asda definitely sell them - maybe you should go on line to check if Asda do bulk buying? In the meantime Kaylz.......RAGE ON 😱 :D x
WL

Thank you wl i will keep an eye on it as might just be the funny weather hate having antiboics. I had a morrisons own chocolate coved rice cake 6 g. Decided on the pork chop with cauil cheese for tea. I will have a look out for those bars are they nuts?if so thats a no as trigger my asthma. Slowly doing my head in this week hopful can get to see the nurse next week. This is a great place for help did not think i ate too bad apart from skipping meals but nothing makes sense now but talking to my mom's freind and she still struggles after 5 yrs.

Yes unfortunately the nature valley bars are nut bars x

Thought they were as looked before thanks any way will keep looking just looked at my favorit gf snack pretzals 43g per bag! So thats them off the list.

Pork scratchings is popular with some folks on here as a snack - if you choose these, then best test before and 2 hours post to see what, if any, impact there is on your bgl. x
WL

Each to there own but not for me. Got a question what about peppermint cordil as had a blip with ibs last night normaly have warm cordil for pain but not sure because high in sugar. Took my blood before getting out of bed this morning it was 2.6 is that good or bad? Busy day today as food shopping got to go to town first then morrisons and then asda!

Eerm are you on any medication for your diabetes? if you are on hypo causing medication anything below 4 is classed as a hypo! how did you feel at the time? x

I take metformin just got to go up two day a day starting 2day. I had not long woken up felt ok just tired but that is normal at the momant.

Friday 020617 Yesterday: 15stone 5.2pounds - <49
BG: 6.5 @ 6.45am
Pint Water & tsp Normacol
Breakfast:
Pint Water
3oz Tomato, 2 ex.lg.Eggs scrambled with butter.
Pint Water with Aspirin & meds
Snack: 100gr. Premium Roasted Cashew Nuts. (The entire bag, who can eat less?! Not me that's for sure).
BG: 5.5 @ 5.23pm (Contour not Codefree, used sisters as out, always gives a lower reading).
Lunch:
Pint Water.
Thick slice of Roast Turkey, cup of Garden Peas.
Dinner.
Roast Chicken Breast lg, Mushrooms, Mayo.
Pint Water & Levothyroxine

I did well I think until I got in and found a pan of left over chicken, tinned potatoes, peas and carrots on the cooker. Who is tempted by that? Me! Food addict isn't in it.
1f622.png
Ate the lot with four slices of bread. Had indigestion.

Sorry I know nothing about the medication you are on, hopefully a type 2 on medication will see this and be able to help x

Thats ok i had a drink and two plain bis straight after so dose not help that my ibs was playing up before bed.

Each to there own but not for me. Got a question what about peppermint cordil as had a blip with ibs last night normaly have warm cordil for pain but not sure because high in sugar. Took my blood before getting out of bed this morning it was 2.6 is that good or bad? Busy day today as food shopping got to go to town first then morrisons and then asda!
This is a very low reading Donna - have you tested your bgl since to see if it has risen? If not then will you do that now please.
Also, are you taking medication for your IBS? If not, then do you not think you should seek advice from your GP? If you dont take meds for IBS is there a reason why you dont - maybe there's a medical reason? I suffer with IBS and take medication for it and I rarely have any pain at all now.
As for Peppermint Cordial - if you Google myfitnesspal it will tell you the total carbs in 100mls is 4g and 4g sugars.
Please stay in touch & update us, thanks. x
WL

Hi wl i don't requar meds for it as going through a settled period i have buscopan to take and meberine before meals during a flare up and i have Kolanticon gel. I tested it again before breakfast and it was 5.7 i had a small cooked breakfast bacon, suag, tin toms, baked beans 1/2 slice brown toast and a coffee with one sugar. Next test 1pm. The peppermint is not 2 high then i only have a about a tablespoon with hot water. If in a lot of pain i take my painkillers that i have for athrists co-codamol.

We generally don't drink anything with sugar in it as it hits the bs so fast, also tinned tomatoes and baked beans can contain a lot of sugar too x

Hi wl i don't requar meds for it as going through a settled period i have buscopan to take and meberine before meals during a flare up and i have Kolanticon gel. I tested it again before breakfast and it was 5.7 i had a small cooked breakfast bacon, suag, tin toms, baked beans 1/2 slice brown toast and a coffee with one sugar. Next test 1pm. The peppermint is not 2 high then i only have a about a tablespoon with hot water. If in a lot of pain i take my painkillers that i have for athrists co-codamol.
Thank you for staying in touch Donna - so pleased your bgl has risen now - I was becoming very concerned - but 5.7 is a good number - your post meal bgl will be slightly higher by about 2mmols so don't worry. Good to hear you ate a breakfast, sounds like my cup of tea!:D
I also take Mebeverine (Colofac) for IBS.
Please do update us with your post meal bgl at 1pm, thanks x
WL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back