What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No wonder you thought my 1 lamb chop wouldn't feed a bird.
Sounds like what you had would be my carb ration for 4 days at least.
ahh but you should have seen and tasted it, cooked to perfection and just had to have a pint of doombar with it. Probably paying for it for the next few days, but it was worth it!
Tony

Note. Now deemed type 2 not type 1.5. Also I lost 5kg b4 diagnosis and 5 kg after. I am trying trying to reach a sensible weight upwards o_O My Ab1Hc? (38) is normal.
1/2 grapefruit. Poached egg on local bakers wholemeal toast. Rice cake with peanut butter
Grilled Sea bass: small portion of oven &veggie chips, carrots& greens. Stewed apple &pear with cream & Alpen no sugars yog
Bowl of 1/2 tin of Weight watchers tomato soup with turkey stock and onion, plus milk. Warburton low sugar bread.
1/2 mug cake with stewed apple and thick cream.

B: Full fat Greek yoghurt, blueberries, 10g All Bran
L: tuna pate, cucumber, celery, 2 ryvita, cheese, half apple
D: mixed lamb, halloumi, veg fajitas, spinach, half roll, baked apple and cream.

ahh but you should have seen and tasted it, cooked to perfection and just had to have a pint of doombar with it. Probably paying for it for the next few days, but it was worth it!
Tony
I rather think @Leadinglights was referring to what else you ate that day, not so much the steak!
B: 50g Meusli, 1 orange
Snack: banana cup of tea
L: 2 slices cheese on toast baked beans and a sausage
Snack: cup of tea 3 crackers and 10g mature cheddar
I was also thinking that's a lotta carb!

Breakfast: three keto butterfly cakes with 100% cocoa chocolate cream topping and a cup of decaf coffee

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 4.20.45 PM.png

Lunch: Half a ribeye steak with sliced green beans tossed in butter and half a tomato.
Evening meal: Big bowl of asian style soup made with prawns, leftover turkey, chicken, mixed peppers, root ginger, spring onion, sesame oil and soy sauce and konjac noodles.
Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 1.29.39 PM.png

All day drinking either decaf coffee or decaf tea or sparkling water.

I easily stayed under 20g of carbs today and kept my blood sugar levels between 5.6 and 6.2 all day.

Saturday

L - 1/4 of a mini pork pie, 2 slices of Nimble toasted and buttered, two poached eggs, 2 Hovis extra wheatgerm crackers with one Tesco "cheese bite"
D - 2 slices buttered Nimble bread making a sarnie using 1 slice of butter roast turkey and a little cranberry sauce. One cathedral city lighter mature mini, 2 sweet silverskin pickle onions and 3 black grapes. 1/4 pack of Tesco cheesy curls (or whatever they are called)
Snack - Baked crisps. Lemon drizzle wow bar
Coffee, tea, water
1 sugar-free cappuccino sweet

B: bacon, mushrooms and egg, slice toast
L: homemade soup, cheese, celery, olives, 2 ryvita, half apple
D: tuna steak, courgettes, sugar snap peas, half roll, half Kvarg desert and seeds

Sunday

L - Nimble sandwich of butter roast turkey and a wee bit of cranberry sauce, 3 Hovis crackers and a cathedral city mature lighter mini. Packet of quavers
D - Roast turkey, a little cauliflower cheese, brussel sprouts, carrots, whole green beans, one stuffing ball, small yorkshire pudding, 2 pigs in blankets, turkey gravy (No potatoes!) - my belated Christmas dinner - hoorah! Full fat greek yoghurt with 3 chopped black grapes and chia seeds.
Supper - baked crisps

coffee, water, weak squash and a Galaxy light hot chocolate

Saturday;
Brunch: Bacon and fried egg sandwich on Morrison's Wheat, spelt and rye bread.

Dinner: I had set aside half the chicken and chorizo traybake, so baked it tonight with extra peppers and courgette.

Sunday:
Brunch: 2 boiled eggs with the Morrisons bread - 1 slice was unadulterated with egg, so spread it with some of Lidl deluxe orange chocolate spread - only a smear but my goodness it was amazing!
Dinner: Good old beef in red wine stew with carrots, celery, dried mushrooms in it and some suet and herb dumplings! Proper comfort food! Bit of melon.

Yesterday I ate: breakfast 1x exante shake with water
Lunch: marks and spencer rosa verde salad with no dressing and 80g of chopped up lean roast beef, 1 teaspoon of mustard waterered down with water.
Dinner: 1 Exante pot meal and 200g of broccoli steamed with some soy sauce.
Snack: 1x mini baby bel lite.

Lost another 300g weight going down! now 92.3.

B: Greek Yoghurt, slice of toast, peanut butter, a sprinkle of walnuts + vanilla essence
L: Scrambled eggs, slice of brown bread (LuvLife), a small amount of Caerphilly cheese, tomatoes
D: Sea bass, onions, peas, Lettuce plus a Banana muffin.

As I've just reduced Metformin (GP instructions), I decided to start testing a lot more. Morning BG is usually between 4 and 5.6, and today's dinner spiked .1 after an hour, which was a bit weird. In general 2 hours after eating it's between 4 and 5.9 and testing at the hour position is generally < 7.0, usually low sixes.

Hi @SweetAnn

May I ask when you are testing? You say your meter shows an average of 6.8 but that really depends when you test. The advice I would give would be to test before meals and at two hours after the first bite in order to see what any particular meal has done to your blood sugars. You should look for a rise of 2 - 3 mmols but no more if that meal is OK for you.

However, congratulations on your weight loss, well done you. That should help no end!
I am testing before and after (2hours) numerous times and have been between 4.8 mmls and 7.2mmls . I do eat carbs but am careful and not white stuff. All my symptoms have gone I'm not thirsty anymore I only go loo once a night now not 5 times, excessive itching stopped, have more energy. Am having my three month bloods done soon so fingers crossed my figures are down. But I prefer the healthy eating approach with carb awareness rather than keto or similar.

Ah, it's good that you have that testing regime, so many nurses tell T2s to only test at random times, so it easily can give a good average if the tests were taken hours away from meals.

I don't advocate keto either and excellent that you have carb awareness.

I am testing before and after (2hours) numerous times and have been between 4.8 mmls and 7.2mmls . I do eat carbs but am careful and not white stuff. All my symptoms have gone I'm not thirsty anymore I only go loo once a night now not 5 times, excessive itching stopped, have more energy. Am having my three month bloods done soon so fingers crossed my figures are down. But I prefer the healthy eating approach with carb awareness rather than keto or similar.
Those look to be pretty good numbers, if the 4.8mmol/l is an after meal then your before meal may well have been a bit too low.
Hopefully your blood results will reflect your day to day readings.

Monday:
Brunch: Home made butternut squash soup with chilli and creme fraiche. 2 slices Morrison's Spelt bread.
Dinner: Marinated pork fillet wrapped in Westphalian ham then roast over fennel and lemons. Spinach and butter beans with lemon and parmesan. (Recipe from this month's Delicious mag).

Monday

B - Belvita breakfast biscuits
L - 3 Sesame Ryvita's topped with smoked salmon pate, 2 mini chocolate flavour donuts and a watermelon fan.
D - Lemon and Thyme Chicken (recipe from my newly bought cookery book, Keto Kitchen) with homemade garlicky cauliflower rice and a few peas
Supper - Hovis crackers with 1 Applewood smoked creamy cheddar stick
Snacks - Proper Corn sweet & salty. Fibre one salted caramel square

Coffee, water and weak squash

Thank you so much for all the recipes. Please advise I have been having a small portion of porridge oates with half a teaspoon of honey for years for breakfast but, now I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes should I change my breakfast ?

Thank you so much for all the recipes. Please advise I have been having a small portion of porridge oates with half a teaspoon of honey for years for breakfast but, now I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes should I change my breakfast ?
The only thing we can advise on is to test it, we are all individual and react differently to things, many can't tolerate porridge but some can so the only thing you can do is test before and then again 2 hours after and ideally there would be no more than a 2-3mmol rise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back