What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B: 50g meuseli, 1 orange
Snack: Banana
L: tin 3 sardines 1 slice buttered brown bread toast, cup of tea
Snack: cup of tea 1/2 stale yum yum
D: Braised beef & vegetables 1 potato big helping cauliflower, runner beans, peas and capsicum.
Yougurt and blueberries, glass of wine.
Junk: 2 kit kat fingers

Those look to be pretty good numbers, if the 4.8mmol/l is an after meal then your before meal may well have been a bit too low.
Hopefully your blood results will reflect your day to day readings.
4.8 mml was before a meal varies between 6.5 -8 after a meal 2 hours later. I found that potatoes are ok but the only food that put me high (12) was white garlic bread. Lo carb or wholemeal seem ok. So it's the white stuff but I am careful. My original diagnosis on 18/10/21 of 90 shook me as it's so high. But at least my kidneys were ok as told they're pinging off the screen and they're more like a 20 year olds . My eye and feet tests were also fine. So hopefully I can get that 90 down.

Tuesday

L - 2 sesame Ryvita with scottish smoked salmon pate, 3 Hovis crackers with one mini cathedral city mature plus a watermelon fan.
D - new keto recipe - creamy cod with jammy onions, served with a couple of boiled then roasted potato pieces and plenty of broccoli, followed by a watermelon fan
Snacks - 4 mini sausage rolls and a skinny crunch bar

2 caramel coffees, hot blackcurrant juice, water

Breakfast (07:50): 50g muesli 1/2 orange
Exercise (09:51): Men's Shed
Snack (10:05): banana cup of tea
Lunch (13:45): leftover beef sausage roll cup of tea
Snack (16:15): Barn Café Lytchett Matravers Dorset cup of tea and 1/2 toasted tea cake
Dinner (18:19): 3 pork sausages and mashed potatoes (25g) and peas. yogurt with blueberrys glass of wine

Wednesday

L - 2 slices Nimble toast with cashew nut butter, cathedral city mini mature cheese stick, packet of quavers
D - 2 cumberland pork sausages, a few baked skin-on fries, steam bag of spinach, broccoli, peas and sweetcorn. Watermelon fan
Snack - Graze lemon blueberry square. Skinny crunch bar
Drinks - 2 caramel coffees, galaxy light hot chocolate with light squirty cream (needed for comfort!), plus water

I know I had more to munch, but was over-tired, head spinning and head full of what-ifs following daughter's car accident, so I think I had a good excuse to go over my limits with a bit of comfort eating - nights are worse when sleep evades you :(

New day, new start.

Breakfast: breakfast 'muffin' egg, bacon, tomato, peppers. Decaf coffee.
Lunch: Beef 'cobbler' (pictured below) made with a keto dumpling recipe I made up on the fly using almond flour, coconut flour, mozarella, herbs and lard and using a tin of stewed steak for the base with some oregano and a spoonful of port, with green beans and decaf coffee
Evening meal: 1/2 a keto chocolate mug cake. 3 celery sticks and some salted nuts and decaf coffee and sparkling water.
Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 12.45.12 PM.png

It can be helpful sometimes to know what sort of things people are eating, as it might give some ideas for a more varied diet. So, I'll start off with what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast - 1 slice buttered Burgen toast (my breakfast every day, I don't like to run with too much in my stomach)

Lunch - two soft-boiled eggs, two slices of buttered Burgen toast soldiers 🙂 Activia yoghurt

Evening meal - home-made spaghetti bolognese and a bounty bar.

I also nibbled on chilli-dusted peanuts through the evening.
What is Burgen bread?

What is Burgen bread?
Burgen is the brand, I think there are a few varieties of it but seems to be more difficult to come across these days xx

Burgen is the brand, I think there are a few varieties of it but seems to be more difficult to come across these days xx
Yes there are a few varieties, the low carb one is Soya and Linseed (rather than the one with Cranberries in it, which is much higher carb). There do seem to be supply issues at the moment and I haven't been able to get any in months... tried Sainsburys, ASDA, Co-op and Tesco. Morrisons stopped carrying it when they started to sell their own Soya and Linseed, which unfortunately is NOT low carb.

@NotWorriedAtAll your dish looks yummy!

Tuesday:
Brunch: Salmon pate with 2 slices Morrisons Wheat, Spelt and rye bread and butter.
Dinner: 2 x outdoor bred pork chipolatas 0.5g each, 1 tbs leftover spinach and butter beans, chicory braised in butter and garlic, small jacket potato.

Wednesday:
Breakfast: 1 slice toasted Wheat, spelt and rye buttered.
Lunch in town: Fishburger on a brioche bun with lettuce and tartare sauce. Couldn't eat a lot of the bun and as I had bolussed for it I had a small tub of caramel crunch ice cream, which is made with clotted cream by a local dairy (what a treat that was!)

Dinner: Local pub was doing an offer of 3 x tapas for £10, so we went along with a group of friends. Hubby and I shared 2 x pheasant breasts on dripping toast with a beetroot dressing, bubble and squeak fritters with mustard dressing, mini sausages in a honey/mustard sauce, grilled winter greens with goat's cheese and hand cut chips with mayo. Was yummy!

@NotWorriedAtAll I want those dumplings!!! I KNEW I'd seen dumplings somewhere made with lard, but couldn't work out where last night, so made the old way but with light Atora. Got a 7.4 for two wee ones, so not too bad.

Thursday

B - Belvita breakfast biscuits
L - 2 Hovis crackers and 1 Applewood smoked creamy cheddar stick
D - Lean minced steak - as bolognese (with spaghetti & garlic bread slices) for son and as a kind of stew for me and himself with small suet dumplings, plus himself had potatoes. 2 large strawberries with vanilla greek yoghurt and chia seeds.
Snacks/Supper - New find: WW sweet n salty popcorn bar. One no added sugar cappuccino sweet (Aldi). Baked crisps

Coffees, tea and water

B: boiled eggs and toast
L: ham, cheese, tomato, potato salad, 2 poppy seed crackers, small pear
D: chicken, broccoli, baked squash, berry crumble with cream

Friday

L - 2 slices Nimble toast with chicken paste. Packet of Quavers
D - 2 Bonians saveloys, 75g sweet potato fries, 2 sweet silverskin pickled onions and a blob of mayo. 2 medium strawberries with vanilla greek yoghurt and 1 tsp chia seeds
Supper - Hovis crackers with a cathedral city mature mini stick
Snacks - skinny crunch bar, WW popcorn bar.
Coffees, S/F fruit flavoured water and plain water

Thursday:
Brunch: all kinds of heels of smelly cheese melted on 1.5 slices toast.

Dinner: Wasn't up to cooking dinner as I didn't feel well, so finished off the salmon pate on 2 slices toast.

Friday:
Brunch: Veggie soup. I had picked up what I thought were 2 bags of leek and potato soup mix off the discounted counter for pennies and later found it was chopped cabbage and leek. Added some creme fraiche and a pinch of chilli flakes. It was OK actually! 2 slices Morrisons spelt bread and butter.

Dinner: Home made meatballs from the freezer. They were meant to be part of a "Persian" spread, but didn't have the other ingredients. So I made a stir fry with asparagus, sugar snap peas, courgette, fennel and pak choi, a dollop of Hoisin and a splash or two of soy sauce.

B. Fibre drink. Coffee with milk.... run out of cream and desperately need to go shopping. Natural yoghurt with raspberries, mixed seeds cinnamon and a sprinkle of Morrison's "Nourish" linseed granola

L. Packet of pork scratching in honour of @adrian1der's birthday.

D. 2 pieces of black pudding, 2 fried eggs, mushrooms onion and yellow pepper with a large green salad, cucumber, a couple of pieces of chopped sun dried tomatoes and some mayonnaise. It was yum!

Food Diary - 14 January 2022
Breakfast (08:10): 50g muesli 1 orange
Medication (08:33): 500gm Metformin. 1000gm omega 3, 500gm vitamin D.
Snack (09:44): banana
Lunch (13:12): haddock and chips from local chippie.
Medication (13:44): 500gm Metformin
Drink (15:45): Captains Club Christchurch cup of tea
Dinner (18:20): 2 fried eggs, 2 slices of ham, slice of corned beef few chips.
Medication (18:41): 500gm Metformin
Supplements (21:43): 37g aspirin, 1000g omega 3

Saturday - rubbish day with dealing with upset stomach

Lunch - baked crisps
Dinner - (eaten in two halves) 2 frozen lamb grills cooked on GF grill, sweet potato jacket with butter, coleslaw and a wee bit of mint jelly. Full fat greek yogurt and 3 large black grapes.
Supper - 4 hovis crackers with an applewood creamy cheese mini
Junk - Baked crisps. WW sweet n salty popcorn bar

Drinks - tea and caramel coffee both with a smidgeon of sugar, galaxy light hot chocolate, weak orange squash, water

Saturday;
Brunch. Souffle omelette with strong cheddar. 2 slices of buttered wheat, spelt and rye bread.
Dinner: Linguine with chicken, woodland mushroom selection and garlic cream sauce. Fruit platter, persimmon, mango, golden kiwi and a few blueberries.

Sunday

L - A slice of rye bread, toasted and buttered. Poached egg.
D - Roast chicken leg, sweet potatoes roasted, fresh runner beans, cauliflower cheese, stuffing with oats, small yorkshire pud, turkey gravy
Snacks - Quavers, Crisps, skinny crunch bar.

coffee, water, weak squash

Monday

L - Slice of rye bread, buttered and made into a sandwich with deli turkey breast & stuffing and a wee bit of mayo. 3 black grapes.
D - homemade chicken biryani (basmati rice) with a tiny taster of garlic and coriander naan
Supper - Hovis extra wheatgerm crackers with a cathedral city mature mini stick
Junk - skinny crunch bar
Drinks - coffees and water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back