What did you eat yesterday?

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
When I get to goal weight I shall experiment with breads to see if I can get away with a slice a day. Mind you, saying that, we don't seem to sell low carb bread around here (Sale). There used to be a Lidl in Salford where you could get low carb buns but I'm not sure if they still do them. There's no way I could make my own, I had to bake all my pancake mix in one big roasting dish to get rid of it, but the birds luv it. :D

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
When I get to goal weight I shall experiment with breads to see if I can get away with a slice a day. Mind you, saying that, we don't seem to sell low carb bread around here (Sale). There used to be a Lidl in Salford where you could get low carb buns but I'm not sure if they still do them. There's no way I could make my own, I had to bake all my pancake mix in one big roasting dish to get rid of it, but the birds luv it. :D
Lidl have not done the protein rolls(low carb) , for a few years , it was the only reason I went to Lidl.

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
@grovesy Wonder why they stopped? I would imagine they were very popular.

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I seem to be taking over this thread. I hope not as I like to read what others are doing. I am such a LOUD mouth. :rolleyes:

Weight 14 6.2 Tum 49 1/2
Not long after getting up - 7.0 @ 7.30am / pint water / Nescafe
Brunch @ 11.30: can of Baxters pea and ham soup / pint water with meds / 6.2 @ 15.23
Dinner: pint water / an entire cauliflower! the whole bag of grated cheese, with cheese sauce from a packet and probably enough for at least three people / pint water

Wouldn't you think I'd be sick having all that? I was just a tad full which didn't last long and then I felt fine. No hope for me basically I'm just a greedy pig. I think I need to be taking my bg in a regular fashion to keep me accountable.

RirisR

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
B.Avocado busy day no time for anything else
L Home made veg soup 2 livlife toast with marmite small sliced apple
T Last of Sundays roast beef celeriac chips and pickles fruit jelly and squirty cream
Snacks Olives 1 stick of strong cheese and low carb crackers coffee's throughout day

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Weight 14 6.2 Tum <49 1/2
Not long after getting up - 6.1 @ 7.46am / pint water / Nescafe
The stupid milkman didn't come with the eggs so I went from early dinner yesterday till gone 1 today and was ravenous so snack going round Tescos, pkt thin turkey slices, the checkout lady asked "Were you hungry?" :D
Brunch: tuna corn paste salad with beetroot, caesar dressing and an 'ancient' bun and potato salad and coleslaw / bowl Franks' diabetic ice cream / pint water with meds / Nescafe with single cream and a sweetener (with family while watching the biopic about the Man City German footballer who broke his neck and carried on playing! Cracker of a film).
Dinner: pint water / the rest of the salad and stuffs, it was too much to eat all at once... / pint water / 8.4 @ 23.02

A piggy day and I put a pound on overnight, not surprisingly. I won't do this again, silly.

Leadinglights

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
B: cheese on toast with poached egg
L: tuna pate, ryvita, cucumber, cheese, half pear, few nuts
Snack: quarter Nature valley protein bar
D: steak, red cabbage coleslaw, celeriac crisps (not a success) quarter cheese roll, Muller lemon yoghurt
Usual drinks

RirisR

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
B. Weetabix followed by an avocado
L Rest of homemade veg soup with 2 slices of livlife toasted and marmite
T made lasagna my portion without the pasta topped with cheese and a small salad
Oranges in jelly and squirty cream
Snacks Olives crackers with ham fluids coffee etc

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pig heart chilli, with nachos for dinner, amazing.
We need a photo of that! :D

Weight 14 7.2 Tum <49 1/2
Not long after getting up - 6.9 @ 5.46am / pint water / Nescafe
Brunch: Mum's leftover tuna corn paste salad with beetroot / small bowl tinned apricot halves with single cream / pint water with meds
Dinner: pint water / 2 Bird's Eye thin burgers baked with cheese melted over and cheese sauce poured over that lot with spring onions / small bowl Frank's diabetic ice cream / pint water

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Yesterday
2 Lift tabs
2 more Lift tabs
B - no change to the usual
D - wholemeal German peppered salami sandwich, Cadbury's raspberry mini roll and a pint of water
mug of cafetiere coffee
T - mince with mushrooms, spring onions, garlic granules and an egg, baby potatoes, steamed sprouts, healthy dollop of butter and 1 square Lidl's 95%, pint of water
mug of coffee
bed - 3 digestives, 1 and a half oaties and half a pint of water

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Sausage and tomatoes on a wholemeal roll.
Pate and lettuce on the other roll.
Pig heart chilli, no rice, but with cheese and salsa loaded nachos with a very nice sauvignon blanc.
A few biscuits and cheese later.
No snacks in between

Abi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I seem to be taking over this thread. I hope not as I like to read what others are doing. I am such a LOUD mouth. :rolleyes:

Weight 14 6.2 Tum 49 1/2
Not long after getting up - 7.0 @ 7.30am / pint water / Nescafe
Brunch @ 11.30: can of Baxters pea and ham soup / pint water with meds / 6.2 @ 15.23
Dinner: pint water / an entire cauliflower! the whole bag of grated cheese, with cheese sauce from a packet and probably enough for at least three people / pint water

Wouldn't you think I'd be sick having all that? I was just a tad full which didn't last long and then I felt fine. No hope for me basically I'm just a greedy pig. I think I need to be taking my bg in a regular fashion to keep me accountable.
A big portion of cauliflower cheese but I am sure there are more calorific and carb laden options! Cauliflower on it's own should be fine in whatever quantity although it might have certain - ahem- "side effects" which make it less pleasant for others to be with you in an enclosed space

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
We need a photo of that! :D

Weight 14 7.2 Tum <49 1/2
Not long after getting up - 6.9 @ 5.46am / pint water / Nescafe
Brunch: Mum's leftover tuna corn paste salad with beetroot / small bowl tinned apricot halves with single cream / pint water with meds
Dinner: pint water / 2 Bird's Eye thin burgers baked with cheese melted over and cheese sauce poured over that lot with spring onions / small bowl Frank's diabetic ice cream / pint water

Attachments

• IMG_20210224_180837_0.jpg
    IMG_20210224_180837_0.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 7

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I prefer to eat the Nachos on the plate, but there was a monster load in the centre of the table!

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I wants to eat that food! Looks substantial and satisfying. I'm soooooo hungry... :D Thanks for that @travellor If I knew it was heart I wouldn't eat it, but I'd eat it if I didn't know and enjoy it too, no doubt. I won't eat kidneys, heart, tongue or lambs' fries! My sister had those years ago by mistake. :D My auntie used to luv a pig's trotter. :oops:

Weight 14 7.6 Tum 49 1/2
Not long after getting up - 7.7 @ 6.08am / pint water / Nescafe
Brunch: 2 Bird's Eye thin beefburgers, 2 eggs scrambled with olive oil, garlics, Caeser dressing / pint water with meds
Dinner: pint water / small can Heinz tomato and basil soup / pint water / 2 hard boiled eggs

I was poorly and couldn't get out for low carb victuals even though we have a supermarket just across the road. This is where it falls down if you shop daily and only have one days worth of food in the house. I didn't want to eat anyways when feeling sick. Should there be an apostrophe after 'days'?

Leadinglights

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
B: peppered mackerel with thin slice toast
L: ryvita, pate, ham, celery, red pepper, tomato half apple
D: mousaka, carrots and brocolli, yoghurt
Usual drinks quarter nature valley prot bar

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I wants to eat that food! Looks substantial and satisfying. I'm soooooo hungry... :D Thanks for that @travellor If I knew it was heart I wouldn't eat it, but I'd eat it if I didn't know and enjoy it too, no doubt. I won't eat kidneys, heart, tongue or lambs' fries! My sister had those years ago by mistake. :D My auntie used to luv a pig's trotter. :oops:

Weight 14 7.6 Tum 49 1/2
Not long after getting up - 7.7 @ 6.08am / pint water / Nescafe
Brunch: 2 Bird's Eye thin beefburgers, 2 eggs scrambled with olive oil, garlics, Caeser dressing / pint water with meds
Dinner: pint water / small can Heinz tomato and basil soup / pint water / 2 hard boiled eggs

I was poorly and couldn't get out for low carb victuals even though we have a supermarket just across the road. This is where it falls down if you shop daily and only have one days worth of food in the house. I didn't want to eat anyways when feeling sick. Should there be an apostrophe after 'days'?

I will happily eat anything apart from brains, and possibly eye balls, after growing up through the cjd era.
If we killed the animal to eat it, it only seems right that we should do to me.
(And who doesn't like a good old steak and kidney pie?)