What did you eat yesterday?

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Yesterday
B - as per
D - wholemeal German peppered salami sandwich and a strawberry Barny sponge bear, pint of water
mug of cafetiere
T - king prawn, spring onion and mozzarella omelette, baby potatoes, steamed broccoli and 2 squares Lidl's 95%, pint of water
mug of coffee
bedtime - 5 digestives and half a pint of water

Today
B - you guessed it
D - same sandwich, Cadbury's raspberry mini roll and a pint of water
mug of cafetiere coffee
T - quarter of a smoked sausage, quarter of a spicy smoked sausage, baby potatoes, roasted sprouts, large dollop of mayo, 1 square Lidl 95% and a pint of water
mug of coffee
We'll see whether biscuits are required
xx

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Weight 14 8.4 Tum 50
Not long after getting up - 6.3 @ 5.16am / pint water / Nescafe
Brunch: pint water/ bowl tinned apricot halves, 3 eggs scrambled with Anchor butter / pint water with meds
Snack: pkt mozzarella and pepperoni (round discs of cheese and meat at the bus-stop in an effort to stop me getting hungry and pigging out later... didn't work!)
Dinner: 2 Nescafes / huge bowl cold pasta and pesto @ 4ish / pint water / 9.6 @ 18.53
Supper: 2 pork chops / 7.2 @ 22.56 (my jaws never stop do they?) :(

Leadinglights

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
B: fried egg, mushrooms, desert spoon beans, skinny slice toast
L: broccoli and Rochefort soup, ryvita, ham celery, cheese, half apple
D: stir fry veg with duck, small sweetcorn cob. stewed apple and cream
Drinks as usual

Lucyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I’m feeling totally burnt out this last few days by lockdown and life (work etc) and it’s affecting my diet. Not sure how to get back into being able to face cooking and eating properly.

yesterday
Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled on 1 toast
Lunch: ham salad roll and a small slice of quiche
Dinner: turkey salad sandwich with coleslaw and quavers (I got as far as cauliflower cheese coming out of the oven and just not being able to face eating it)

Leadinglights

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
B: greek yoghurt and berries with scattering All Bran
L: half tin mackerel in tom sauce, ryvita, cucumber, red pepper, cheese, half pear
D: salmon, brocolli and spinach in creamy sauce, red pepper and tomato salad, jelly with berries and quark topping
Usual drinks, 1 liqueur choc

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
@Lucyr I'm so sorry you're feeling badly, just keep going, there's light at the end of the tunnel now with the vacs and everything. They've just sent Mum a letter telling her to shield, I don't quite get that because she's had the first jab, surely we're safer now? I know nothing!

Weight 14 7.0 Tum 49 1/2
Not long after getting up - 7.4 @ 8.32am / pint water /
Brunch: pork chop, sprouts, gravy @ 11 (dinner left over from last night, I can't waste anything).
Snack: pint water/ large can tuna with mayo / pint water with meds / 1 medium orange (my sister gave it to me so I ate it).
Dinner: pint water / 2 battered fish (not chippy, like a breadcrumb coating) with mayo, 3 fried eggs

Newbie777

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
B- big change ditched toast! Full fat Greek yogurt and Blueberries, 1 boiled egg.
L- Grilled chicken with humus salad and 2 falafels.
T - Lamb and Okra curry, with salad.

Snacks- zilch!

Newbie777

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I’m feeling totally burnt out this last few days by lockdown and life (work etc) and it’s affecting my diet. Not sure how to get back into being able to face cooking and eating properly.

yesterday
Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled on 1 toast
Lunch: ham salad roll and a small slice of quiche
Dinner: turkey salad sandwich with coleslaw and quavers (I got as far as cauliflower cheese coming out of the oven and just not being able to face eating it)
Hello Lucyr,

It must be really hard, hope it gets better for you very soon x

Lucyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello Lucyr,

It must be really hard, hope it gets better for you very soon x
I’m just picking out a new recipe to try tonight to get my mojo back for cooking. Looking at a creamy garlic chicken recipe

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Fascinating how we all have the same or similar conditions yet eat such different things. I wouldn't know quark if I fell over it in the dark. :D

Weight 14 7.8 Tum 50
Not long after getting up - 7.5 @ 4.09am / pint water / Nescafe
Brunch: pint water / 3 rashers bacon and 2 very large fried eggs / pt water with meds
Snack: 1 medium orange
Dinner: pint water / lg can tuna with mayo, Brussels sprouts / pint water / a very small portion of pea and ham soup

Leadinglights

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Fascinating how we all have the same or similar conditions yet eat such different things. I wouldn't know quark if I fell over it in the dark. :D

Weight 14 7.8 Tum 50
Not long after getting up - 7.5 @ 4.09am / pint water / Nescafe
Brunch: pint water / 3 rashers bacon and 2 very large fried eggs / pt water with meds
Snack: 1 medium orange
Dinner: pint water / lg can tuna with mayo, Brussels sprouts / pint water / a very small portion of pea and ham soup
Quark is a bit like fromage frais, the one I found is from ASDA Lindahls Kvargand although low fat is only 5.1g carb for 150g pot but high protein 17g per pot, there is raspberry and white chocolate and maybe blueberry.
I have noticed you do drink a lot of water, I can't drink that much in one go. I probably don't really drink enough. Do you have any other things to drink?

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I put all my water out first thing in pint bottles (loaned from the milkman if he but knew) :) If I space it out a bit it's not so bad getting them down. It's easier in warmer weather. I feel healthy when I have my water as otherwise I don't drink at all. I used to go whole days without drinking anything. I have to make myself drink. Being thirsty definitely wasn't one of my symptoms for being type 2.

I now also have a Nescafe first thing in the morning after my first pint of the day, as they say it's good for the liver and mine is kaput. My routine is up/p/measure bg/weigh/measure tum/drink pint water aired over night/make coffee and drink while watching a recorded episode of The Sopranos. Life of riley, I'm a creature of habit, I do so luv being retired. :D

I would probably like quark, I likes creamy things. :)

Last edited:

Lucyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Yesterday evening I cooked
Creamy garlic mushroom chicken from Pinch of Nom (low carb too) and a big tray of roast vegetables (pretty low carb).

I’m having the roast vegetables and some of the chicken I didn’t mix into the sauce with pasta and tomatoes for lunch today.

I’m having some of the chicken in sauce with roast vegetables and mash for tea later on. The rest of the chicken is in portions in the freezer

Attachments

• 2B04A7D0-BDE9-4F9F-B40C-5D2B409B969D.jpeg
    2B04A7D0-BDE9-4F9F-B40C-5D2B409B969D.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 9
  • BC337355-23BB-4F98-A3FA-42346A45C996.png
    BC337355-23BB-4F98-A3FA-42346A45C996.png
    331.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 1673C8FA-6424-4662-9DF0-298224C8FC84.jpeg
    1673C8FA-6424-4662-9DF0-298224C8FC84.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 9

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
@Lucyr that food looks divine. How is your bg when you eat such divine food? I so wish I could cook. What sauce is it? I need to start at least trying to be a bit more adventurous and eat a rainbow of foods instead of same ol' same ol'. :)

Weight 14 5.2 Tum 49 1/2
Not long after getting up - 6.9 @ 7.16am / pint water / Nescafe / pint water
Brunch: bacon and eggs / pt water with meds
Dinner: pint water / corned beef, mustard, Brussels sprouts, mayo / pint water

A lot of water today! I'd drunk most of it by lunchtime so then had to have more which isn't like me. You can have too much water! And then I have a pint of water next to my bed for the occasional glugs if needs be. First thing I do when waking is take a small glug of water, I don't want it to 'weigh' but mouth always like bottom of parrot's cage. :D

Leadinglights

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
B: bacon, scrambled egg, tomato, skinny piece toast
L: green soup (leek, mangetout, green beans, spinach), ryvita, ham, cheese, half apple
D: rest of sausage casserole, salad, small corn cob, jelly and cream.
Usual drinks, square dark choc (it was the weekend)

Lucyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
@Lucyr that food looks divine. How is your bg when you eat such divine food? I so wish I could cook. What sauce is it? I need to start at least trying to be a bit more adventurous and eat a rainbow of foods instead of same ol' same ol'. :)

Weight 14 5.2 Tum 49 1/2
Not long after getting up - 6.9 @ 7.16am / pint water / Nescafe / pint water
Brunch: bacon and eggs / pt water with meds
Dinner: pint water / corned beef, mustard, Brussels sprouts, mayo / pint water

A lot of water today! I'd drunk most of it by lunchtime so then had to have more which isn't like me. You can have too much water! And then I have a pint of water next to my bed for the occasional glugs if needs be. First thing I do when waking is take a small glug of water, I don't want it to 'weigh' but mouth always like bottom of parrot's cage. :D
Hello
For the creamy garlic mushroom chicken I followed the recipe linked below. The sauce is just Philadelphia and stock so shouldn’t affect my bgs much. They list it as 13g carb per portion but I haven’t worked mine out yet.

For roast vegetables I used: peppers, red onion, carrot, sweet potato, courgette, broccoli, garlic and olive oil but you could drop any that are too carby for you. They are handy to rosy a tray and stick into other things when I have a busy week.

For the pasta my bg is fine with it, though if you look at the photo you’ll see I added the roast vegetables and chicken and tomatoes so that there’s actually very little pasta in it, probably half a portion according to the pack. I add cheese before eating as this slows down the impact on my blood sugar. I’ll test and let you know how it goes.

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
@Leadinglights What is skinny toast? I'd probably be allergic to that as well though, but it's just so nice to be able to put something on a bit of toast. :)

@Lucyr I wonder if the bags of roast vegetables you can buy frozen would be okay? I'll gonna get some tomorrow. Something different.

Leadinglights

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
@Leadinglights What is skinny toast? I'd probably be allergic to that as well though, but it's just so nice to be able to put something on a bit of toast. :)

@Lucyr I wonder if the bags of roast vegetables you can buy frozen would be okay? I'll gonna get some tomorrow. Something different.
Sorry to be confusing. It is just a very thin slice of homemade oat and linseed bread, weighs 25g so about 10g carb.