What did you eat yesterday?

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Today
B - same as yesterday
D - wholemeal german peppered salami sandwich and a strawberry barny sponge bear (I don't care if they are intended for kids, it was amazing! lol)
soon to have a mug of cafetiere coffee
T will be - 2 egg king prawn, mozzarella and spring onion omelette, boiled baby potatoes and steamed broccoli and a bar moser roth 85%
xx

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Breakfast....
Fasting reading 5.0 3.5units of Fiasp (2.5 for breakfast and 1 for DP)
Glass of water with a dash of balsamic vinegar and a dash of diet cola to which a teaspn. of psyllium husk and a teaspn of chia seeds is added and stirred and then just as it is starting to coagulate, I drink it followed by a glass of water.... Sounds weird I know but actually tastes quite nice and it is really helping with my digestive system.
Cup of coffee with cream
2 good dollops of natural creamy Greek yoghurt (Lidl Milbona brand) with a few defrosted frozen summer berries (Lidl... about 2 dessert spoons of the defrosted mush) and mixed seeds (Lidl) with a sprinkle of (Lidl) luxury Nutty granola on the top.
(approx. 25g carbs)

Lunch
BG 8.4 No bolus as I was going to be doing physical work all afternoon.
Couple of handfuls of roasted and salted peanuts.
(approx. 10g carbs).

Tea
BG 7.4 2.5units of Fiasp. (including 1unit correction)
Glass of water
Nice chunk of Gorgonzola (piccante) cheese (Lidl.) it was heavenly!! With a small glass of rose wine followed by another handful of nuts and a cup of Earl Grey tea with milk.
(approx. 10g carbs)

Supper
BG 5.4 No bolus insulin as just back from evening exercise
Fillet steak (rare) with a large plate of salad leaves cucumber, a little grated carrot and 3 cherry tomatoes and a big dollop of cheese coleslaw. (Approx. 10g carbs) Really enjoyed this!
Followed by a weak Options hot chocolate with a little coffee and cream added to beef it up flavour wise and if I am going to be honest, a little shot of spiced rum too (approx. 10g carbs) (Also really enjoyed this!)

Total for the day about 65g carbs.... 6units of bolus insulin and 15.5units of Levemir.

Last edited:

Lucyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Not sure my diet will give any inspiration given I’m still struggling to eat well without a fridge freezer!

Breakfast: cereal

Lunch: jacket potato with half a single serve dolmio plant chilli sachet

Dinner: jacket potato with half a single serve dolmio plant chilli sachet

Snacks: coffee and salted popcorn

Eddy Edson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Checking in to celebrate beginning of the blackberry season here in Oz. Yum!

So my daily eating is pretty much unchanged since last time I posted here several months ago ... except blackberries.

B: Extra-big soy flat white + 30g chia seeds. Bowl with 5 sliced strawberries, 10 walnut halves, broken up slice of pumpernickel + juice of half a lemon.

L: Medium soy flat white + 30g chia seeds. 125g fresh blackberries + juice of half a lemon.

Grazing: Lots of almonds. A carrot. A dry ryvita.

D: Bowl with 100g edamame, one avocado, leaves, sugar snap peas, half a pear, one date, 15g pomegranate arils, juice of one lemon.

Walking ~14K steps. Calories in ~= calories out ~= 2,500.

I'm not going to hit my goal of averaging 12,500 steps per dayfor the year. It'll land at around 12,400. No big deal, of course, but it sets up a good NY resolution.

Perfect10

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
B - home made granola, made a new batch this morning and used some gingerbread skinny syrup in it - lovely
L - toast with almond butter (live life bread)
T - fathead pizza! With salad Thanks to whoever suggested this on a post, it was lovely and I am going to use this dough recipe for garlic bread too

Shells2909

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
B - home made granola, made a new batch this morning and used some gingerbread skinny syrup in it - lovely
L - toast with almond butter (live life bread)
T - fathead pizza! With salad Thanks to whoever suggested this on a post, it was lovely and I am going to use this dough recipe for garlic bread too
How good is fathead pizza??
No breakfast for me yesterday
Lunch fathead pizza and salad
Tea Ribeye steak, peppercorn sauce, salad and mushrooms
Small Slice of cake

Lots and lots of water!

adrian1der

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2

Eddy Edson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Yesterday
B - porridge with 2 squares Lindt 90% and a mug of coffee
D - wholemeal chicken & ham paste sandwich, Cadbury caramel cake bar and a pint of water
Afternoon - mug of cafetiere coffee
T - smoked basa, baby potatoes, steamed broccoli and a bar Moser Roth 85%, pint of blueberry & blackberry diluting
Mug of coffee
3 digestives before bed to stay safe

Today
B - same
D - wholemeal peppered German salami sandwich, Cadbury caramel cake bar and a pint of water
T - chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella and spring onions then wrapped in prosciutto, baby potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts, 1 square Lidl 95% and a pint of blackberry & blueberry diluting
Mug of coffee
Will find out shortly if I can scoff some biscuits

Have treated myself in my Morrison's order due tomorrow to some peppered ham and a tub of cheese coleslaw, just hope it actually arrives! As looking forward to that on a sandwich on Friday
xx

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Yesterday
B - porridge with 2 squares Lidl 95% and mug of coffee
D - wholemeal beef & ham paste sandwich and a Cadbury caramel cake bar, pint of water
T - king prawn, mozzarella and spring onion omelette, broccoli, baby potatoes and a bar Moser Roth 85%, pint of water
Mug of coffee
Bed - 3 Mcvities gingerbread digestives to keep me "safe"

Today
B - same as yesterday
D - wholemeal peppered ham and cheese coleslaw sandwich and a Cadbury caramel cake bar, pint of water
T - half a smoked sausage, roasted sprouts, baby potatoes and a splodge of mayonnaise, 1 square Lidl 95% and a pint of water
Mug of coffee
Bedtime soon, will see if I need anything then
xx

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
@Kaylz... Did you enjoy the cheese coleslaw? Hopefully you did and that is a new regular variation to your diet. Just realised I didn't reply to your PM about it.... sorry :oops: Lidl cheese coleslaw is 5.2g carbs per 100g

freesia

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Yesterday
B - porridge with peanut butter
L - wholemeal bread, corned beef and beetroot sandwich, orange, yoghurt with raspberries and cacao nibs
D - chilli and rice
Snack - handful of peanuts and olives

Today
B - same as yesterday
L - same as yesterday
D - smoked mackeral, sweet potato wedges, veg
Might have a snack with a glass of wine

Has your cheese coleslaw arrived @Kaylz?

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
@freesia and @rebrascora yes it arrived at it was delicious, it was Morrisons The Best though as wanted some before my mum went to Lidl lol, I'll be getting her to grab some at Lidl on Christmas Eve if they have though xx

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
So pleased that you enjoyed it and that you have expanded your menu with another item. Lidl coleslaw is the best I have tasted anywhere, but that is just my personal opinion. Hopefully your Mam will manage to get some and you will think so too. X

Annemarie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Does anyone intend to have a sensible Christmas Day meal? I’m just wondering how much Novarapid I’m going to need. I’m telling my diabetes the Government says we can ignore rules for 5 days!!

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Afraid I am a Bah Humbug and not doing Christmas this year. Might have a big plate of cabbage and bacon which I really like. I do have a box of mince pies that will go mouldy if I don't eat them so I might have one of those for afters with 4.5 units of Fiasp.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Does anyone intend to have a sensible Christmas Day meal? I’m just wondering how much Novarapid I’m going to need. I’m telling my diabetes the Government says we can ignore rules for 5 days!!
I'll be having the same as every year, turkey, bacon that's been on top of it, huge slab of sausage meat, roasted sprouts, boiled tatties and gravy and for pud a nice wedge of double chocolate yule log xx

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
So pleased that you enjoyed it and that you have expanded your menu with another item. Lidl coleslaw is the best I have tasted anywhere, but that is just my personal opinion. Hopefully your Mam will manage to get some and you will think so too. X
I've eaten coleslaw since I was diagnosed, just not for a while, Lidl's one will at least be easier to obtain and by far cheaper! xx