What did you eat yesterday?

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Travelling most of the day

Breakfast - Sausage roll on a wholemeal bun.
Dinner - Two Chicken burgers with lettuce, onion, tomato and cheese on freshly baked rolls.
Later - Cheese and three biscuits.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Travelling most of the day

Breakfast - Sausage roll on a wholemeal bun.
Dinner - Two Chicken burgers with lettuce, onion, tomato and cheese on freshly baked rolls.
Later - Cheese and three biscuits.
Wow, surprised you can tolerate that amount of carbs xx

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Wow, surprised you can tolerate that amount of carbs xx

I reversed my diabetes by following the 800 calorie VLCD.
I'm pleased to say it's now being rolled out as a treatment by the NHS, so hopefully more can achieve the same success.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I reversed my diabetes by following the 800 calorie VLCD.
I'm pleased to say it's now being rolled out as a treatment by the NHS, so hopefully more can achieve the same success.
I don't think your meant to go back to a carb loaded diet, you don't really reverse it but can go into remission but if eating a high carb diet it can keep creep up again, do you test after eating these foods?

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I don't think your meant to go back to a carb loaded diet, you don't really reverse it but can go into remission but if eating a high carb diet it can keep creep up again, do you test after eating these foods?
It's reversed, I can eat anything so long as I don't pile the weight back on.
We shouldn't hijack this thread though.

bakebeans

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast: eat natural granola and yogurt
Break: mini peparami and packet of Cheetos
Lunch: cauliflower cheese soup with 2 slices of livlife bread
Dinner: 2 mall pork chops topped with pesto and cheese, stuffed mushroom and salad
Snack: handful of chocolate Brazil nuts

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
@bakebeans is your cauliflower cheese soup homemade? if so would you mind sharing the recipe please? xx

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
It's reversed, I can eat anything so long as I don't pile the weight back on.
We shouldn't hijack this thread though.
Reading about it and talking with other Type 2's it seems that if you go back to a high carb diet then you risk becoming diabetic again and a lot of hard work is required so that doesn't happen
Nobody is hijacking anything, we general chit chat amongst ourselves on threads such as these

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Yesterday
B - Usual porridge, cocoa and peanut butter, mug of coffee
D - wholemeal german salami sandwich with garlic mayo and a milky way cake bar, pint of water
pint of water (was absolutely sweltering with the sun beating in the window)
T - chicken breast with garlic mayo, baby potatoes, roasted broccoli and a square Lindt 90%, pint of blackberry & blueberry diluting
mug of coffee
bedtime - 1 and a half digestive biscuits
xx

bakebeans

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
@bakebeans is your cauliflower cheese soup homemade? if so would you mind sharing the recipe please? xx
Hello yes it was. I found the recipe on here a while ago and it’s delicious.
1 cauliflower
2 tiny potatoes
Veg stock
1 white onion
Boil it all together then give it a whizz when it’s soft. Add some cheese (I use smelly blue cheese) and double cream

then I added some black pepper and chilli flakes

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Reading about it and talking with other Type 2's it seems that if you go back to a high carb diet then you risk becoming diabetic again and a lot of hard work is required so that doesn't happen
Nobody is hijacking anything, we general chit chat amongst ourselves on threads such as these

I couldn't really comment on going "back to a high carb diet" I never left a carby diet, never counted carbs, and wouldn't intend to in the future.
For me, it's an easy choice.
Eat normally, watch the weight.
And by doing that, I have no issue with carbs.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I couldn't really comment on going "back to a high carb diet" I never left a carby diet, never counted carbs, and wouldn't intend to in the future.
For me, it's an easy choice.
Eat normally, watch the weight.
And by doing that, I have no issue with carbs.
Have you ever tested your BG??

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Have you ever tested your BG??

I always used to.
I was very well supported by my GP, and got them on prescription.
After a couple of years of normal Hba1c's and being taken off meds, they stopped.
I don't bother now, I just have the annual checkup.
I have online access to my medical records, I have enough blood test results to fill 3 sheets of A4 every year, and I
accept it's all good.
How many other non diabetics test?

Before you ask, when I was diagnosed, I tested 1 hour and 2 hours after a meal, morning, afternoon, in bed, out of bed, before exercise, after exercise, and I knew my response inside out.
GI and GL seemed to be my answer for control. I built up a low GI range of foods.
That achieved good control, but I didn't simply want to stick a plaster over the problem with a weird diet.

Diabetes to me was down to the fact I'd eaten myself into it, so I did the Newcastle diet, which had just hit the news and that was the game changer.
Now I eat normally.
I keep the weight off, and it's all good.
Maybe I could test still, but to me, with totally normal blood results across the board for years, that would seem paranoid.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
@travellor so your stating your non diabetic but also describe yourself as type 2 and post on a diabetes forum? That doesnt make much sense

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
@travellor so your stating your non diabetic but also describe yourself as type 2 and post on a diabetes forum? That doesnt make much sense

I can't comment on that.
Maybe we need to get the admin to have "type 2 reversed" as an option?

If, as a type 2 who has successfully reversed their condition I'm proud to be able to help others down the same path, regardless of what label others need to put on me.
That's just me though.

I see you are a type 1.
Amy advise to us type 2's gratefully received.
But this isn't helping this thread, so maybe you can start a new one to discuss it further.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I see you are a type 1.
Amy advise to us type 2's gratefully received.
Yes I'm Type 1
General advice given to Type 2's here are to reduce carbohydrate intake seen as that's what diabetics and pre-diabetics stuggle to tolerate as they all turn to glucose in the body, that works for most but they have to stick to it rather than being able to revert back to an unhealthy carb ladden diet, there are even Type 2's here who have done that yet still ended up as insulin dependant so your fad diets arent miracles

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Yes I'm Type 1
General advice given to Type 2's here are to reduce carbohydrate intake seen as that's what diabetics and pre-diabetics stuggle to tolerate as they all turn to glucose in the body, that works for most but they have to stick to it rather than being able to revert back to an unhealthy carb ladden diet, there are even Type 2's here who have done that yet still ended up as insulin dependant so your fad diets arent miracles

Random "one diet fits all" advice doesn't work

Start a new thread, we can discuss it as much as you want to.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Random "one diet fits all" advice doesn't work

Start a new thread, we can discuss it as much as you want to.
No thanks, don't really care too much just don't want poor newbies coming along and reading your menu thinking that its a perfectly fine way to go about diabetes cause they'll find out the hard way that its not, especially that amount of carbs as a breakfast seen as thats when most are most insulin resistant

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
No thanks, don't really care too much just don't want poor newbies coming along and reading your menu thinking that its a perfectly fine way to go about diabetes cause they'll find out the hard way that its not, especially that amount of carbs as a breakfast seen as thats when most are most insulin resistant

Don't blame you.
Personally, I hate to think newbies getting sucked into the downward spiral of fear that diabetes is for life and low carb is the only way....

So, today.
Cheesie scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast.
Tinned mackerel fillets on seeded buns for lunch, with a salad.
Chilli beef on Basmati rice for dinner
Cheese on biscuits now with a very nice red wine.

Newbies have hope there is a very bright light at the end of the tunnel for them, and the roll out of the 800 calorie diet can guide them there?
I'm sure as a type 1 you would agree that the way forward is reversal for type 2's?
Not stuck with type 2 for life?
Who would wish that on someone if they could avoid it?

LucyDUK

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
I think the original point of this thread was just to post what everyone is eating each day, without judgement or suggestion that anything is right or wrong, from what I can see there is a wide variety of meals and meal types among the posts - some healthy, some not so much with a variety of carb content.