What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know
But this is from my experience
May be I am wrong
I don't understand how you were managing oats and flour if you say a drop of milk in a cuppa effects your levels, carbs in milk are negligible especially with the fat content as well

14-06-19
breakfast: two eggs scrambled with butter and an avocado, my own nut granola. two cups of tea.
lunch: we ate out, self service with a difference, choose your meal, packed in kilner jar, They heat it up and deliver to table. MrS had chicken risotto, mine was duck and orange. Came with a colourful collection of vegetables. Delicious and filling. Didnt really need any more food, but had a couple of chicken pieces and a glass or two of wine, just to be sociable and keep up the protein. nibbled on walnuts as well

Last edited:
I don't understand how you were managing oats and flour if you say a drop of milk in a cuppa effects your levels, carbs in milk are negligible especially with the fat content as well
I said that i am not eating oat any more
I was eating that but now never

I said that i am not eating oat any more
I was eating that but now never
yes but you were and what seemed liked for quite some time, your saying that in your experience milk has effected you but you cant actually say that for certain due to the things you used to eat which were most probably the cause rather than a splash of milk in a cuppa

Yesterday, I'm also going to include my bs and insulin doses
BS - 5.3
NovoRapid - 2.5 units
B- 45g jumbo oats in almond milk, knob of butter, 60g raspberries and a cup of coffee
mid morning - cup of coffee
BS 5.4
NovoRapid - 3.5 units
D - wholemeal salami and cheese sandwich and a nature valley salted caramel protein bar, pint of water
mid-afternoon - 2 cups of posh coffee
BS - 7.1 (NOT affected by the coffee, I reduced my dinner insulin dose as would've went hypo if I hadn't)
NovoRapid - 3 units
T - 2 minute steaks, gravy, roasted sprouts and a large flat mushroom, charlotte potatoes and a square Lindt 90%, pint of water
2 cups of coffee
BS - 5.8 (too low to go to bed so Bruce made an emergency dash to Scotmid as I haven't been keeping biscuits in so a Rich Tea out of the selection he brought back)
Tresiba - 14 units
woke this morning to a 5.7
xx

Yesterday was:

B usual yogurt and nuts but with raspberries instead

L heart healthy soup (6,1g carbs)

D chilli with cauliflower rice and a wholemeal pitta

3 glasses of red and then 25g nuts and matchbox size cheese

Naughty but nice Friday. 😉

14-06-19
breakfast: two eggs scrambled with butter and an avocado, two cups of tea.
lunch: we ate out, self service with a difference, choose your meal, packed in kilner jar, They heat it up and deliver to table. MrS had chicken risotto, mine was duck and orange. Came with a colourful collection of vegetables. Delicious and filling. Didnt really need any more food, but had a couple of chicken pieces and a glass or two of wine, just to be sociable and keep up the protein. nibbled on walnuts as well
That lunch sounds interesting where did you go out of interest? :D

New place for us, restauraunt/deli/florist/wedding venue/boucherie/bar/boulangerie all in one building on an industrial estate in St Hilaire du Harcourt.
its a great concept, they do burgers and chips, cook to order, but all the more complicated mains and all the starters and desserts are pre made self service selection.
Can have either starter and main, or main and dessert with a glass of house wine for 12.80 Euros.

New place for us, restauraunt/deli/florist/wedding venue/boucherie/bar/boulangerie all in one building on an industrial estate in St Hilaire du Harcourt.
its a great concept, they do burgers and chips, cook to order, but all the more complicated mains and all the starters and desserts are pre made self service selection.
Can have either starter and main, or main and dessert with a glass of house wine for 12.80 Euros.

Sounds fantastic. Shame it’s not in the UK!

15-06-19
breakfast:
2 eggs scrambled with butter, mashed avocado, and 40g portion of nut granola with. 40ml milk two cups of tea.
mid-morning coffee and another of those so delicious and irresistible chocolate caramel tartlettes. They are only 15g each.
Lunch: garlic sausage, salad, 40g baguette, small chunk of cheese and teaspoon of chutney. water. cup of tea.
Dinner chicken leg and breast, potato, cabbage with carrots and mangetout, chicken broth. yoghurt and berries,
glass of aperol with perrier. Handful of olives.
Calories around 2000, fat 95g, carbs 93g protein 152g.

edited to change values, due to entry error. Aperol was with perrier, but logged as spritzer, added 23g carb! and 100 calories.

Last edited:
17-06-19
breakfast: home made nutty granola with semi skimmed milk, two cups of tea.
coffee mid morning and four Langue de Chat biscuits, they are tiny, wafer thin, weigh only 2.8g each.
lunch: Salad of mixed leaves, cucumber, radish, peppers. 2 hard boiled eggs, anchovies, 1 tablespoon of home made potato salad
full fat greek yoghurt and mixed summer fruit from the freezer. water and cup of tea.
sugar free squash in the afternoon. pink grapefruit flavour.
dinner: BBQ 2 chicken sausages, vegetable kebab, with courgette, peppers and mushrooms, carrot salad, with mangetout and nigella seeds, Avocado, mozzerella, tomato and basil salad. glass of sauvignon, and larger one of water.
evening cup of tea.
unable to work out calories carbs etc today.

Since I started gluten free toast , all my BG test was wonderful but I got another problem which annoyed me a lot for week now . It is constipation
Any suggestion ?
I tried all type of advise , veg , fruit and nothing worked and in same time because of fruit my BG test higher than normal which make me so upset

I bought tablets from Holland and Barriet which was full of fig and other fruit , then BG goes higher than should be 5.6 fasting which again I don’t know what to do now

17-06-19
breakfast: home made nutty granola with semi skimmed milk, two cups of tea.
coffee mid morning and four Langue de Chat biscuits, they are tiny, wafer thin, weigh only 2.8g each.
lunch: Salad of mixed leaves, cucumber, radish, peppers. 2 hard boiled eggs, anchovies, 1 tablespoon of home made potato salad
full fat greek yoghurt and mixed summer fruit from the freezer. water and cup of tea.
sugar free squash in the afternoon. pink grapefruit flavour.
dinner: BBQ 2 chicken sausages, vegetable kebab, with courgette, peppers and mushrooms, carrot salad, with mangetout and nigella seeds, Avocado, mozzerella, tomato and basil salad. glass of sauvignon, and larger one of water.
evening cup of tea.
unable to work out calories carbs etc today.
Have you did any BG test
For me that’s too much to eat during one day
But if BG test is good , why not ?

Yesterday’s delights 🙂

B lemon yogurt, 25g mixed nuts and blueberries

L cheese salad, 30ml tablespoons Caesar dressing (2 carbs) Wholemeal pitta bread

D anti pasti - selection ham, salami etc, cheese, 10 water-crackers (20g carbs) olives. My favourite type of meal - yum!

2 glasses red wine
Plenty of water throughout the day

Since I started gluten free toast , all my BG test was wonderful but I got another problem which annoyed me a lot for week now . It is constipation
Any suggestion ?
I tried all type of advise , veg , fruit and nothing worked and in same time because of fruit my BG test higher than normal which make me so upset

I bought tablets from Holland and Barriet which was full of fig and other fruit , then BG goes higher than should be 5.6 fasting which again I don’t know what to do now
do you keep yourself well hydrated and do exercise? eat fibre as well

I don't see what your problem with a 5.6 fasting is though

do you keep yourself well hydrated and do exercise? eat fibre as well

I don't see what your problem with a 5.6 fasting is though

Of course I did follow all advises but still the problem
I thought might be the reason for that is Gluten free toast !!!!
And fasting BG should be less than 5.5

Of course I did follow all advises but still the problem
I thought might be the reason for that is Gluten free toast !!!!
And fasting BG should be less than 5.5

I’ve always been advised and researched that fasting blood sugars should be between 4-7 and 8.5 or less two hours after eating so 5.6 is absolutely fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back