What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little saddened that the sprouts are drying up and they'll be completely gone soon :( bought 2 bags while I was in Tesco tonight so at least I'll get them at least once more!
What will you replace them with? I know you like your green beans. My son can't stand runner beans, he says I force fed him them when he was a child, possibly an exaggeration but I love them and a neighbour grew them so we had a never ending supply in season 🙂

What will you replace them with? I know you like your green beans. My son can't stand runner beans, he says I force fed him them when he was a child, possibly an exaggeration but I love them and a neighbour grew them so we had a never ending supply in season 🙂
Different nutrition in green beans and not sure they would go well in with the mince, thinking possibly cabbage, never tried roasted cabbage but I'm willing to give it a go, I'd do celeriac but that would be double the amount of weight of sprouts almost to get the same carbs, having to inject for carbs can be a right pain 🙄 lol xx

Different nutrition in green beans and not sure they would go well in with the mince, thinking possibly cabbage, never tried roasted cabbage but I'm willing to give it a go, I'd do celeriac but that would be double the amount of weight of sprouts almost to get the same carbs, having to inject for carbs can be a right pain 🙄 lol xx
You need muscles like Popeye to prepare celeriac, I only tried it recently but was pleasantly surprised.

You need muscles like Popeye to prepare celeriac, I only tried it recently but was pleasantly surprised.
Hmmm, I'm in trouble then, I have no muscle left! Sure my granddad wouldn't mind cutting it but not sure I could eat 200g celeriac! xx

That could be a bit of a marathon.🙂
Would do me good I suppose, but as I would've injected to cover it I would HAVE to manage it all :( xx

Gone off broccoli? I love cabbage but never had it roasted.
Yeah as I was eating it all the time, also different carbs too xx

Do 2 different veg and ring the changes 🙂 Veg is done in mins in the microwave.
Yeah I've thought of doing that but it could be a waste of money as not everyone likes the same veg, I'm the only one that eats green beans, mum doesn't do broccoli etc and I've not had the time to sit and work out which veg to combine and how much of each to have with getting other things done, I will get round to it but at the moment I'm trying not to concentrate on just diabetes things as its getting me too down so I'll stick to what I know for a bit, and yeah I know but I'm not particularly keen on it microwaved xx

Yeah I've thought of doing that but it could be a waste of money as not everyone likes the same veg, I'm the only one that eats green beans, mum doesn't do broccoli etc and I've not had the time to sit and work out which veg to combine and how much of each to have with getting other things done, I will get round to it but at the moment I'm trying not to concentrate on just diabetes things as its getting me too down so I'll stick to what I know for a bit, and yeah I know but I'm not particularly keen on it microwaved xx

Sorry Kaylz, I can only respond with veg suggestions. The mathematical calculations and family dynamics around preferences are beyond me! :D

Sorry Kaylz, I can only respond with veg suggestions. The mathematical calculations and family dynamics around preferences are beyond me! :D
Yeah the mathematical side is a pain in the backside when folk aren't willing to gimme a hand 🙄 xx

Sunday 29/4
FBG (5.30am) - 4.1
Having a low fat day today after eating my bodyweight in cheese on Friday.

Snack (5.30am): Banana {68 Cal / 15.4g Carbs}
.....................................4 mile walk
Breakfast (7am): Porridge (made with almond milk), pear,
blackberries, walnuts {311 Cal / 37.0g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Vegetable soup {79 Cal / 14.4g Carbs}
Chicken & avocado salad, ryvita, hummus {287 Cal / 13.8g Carbs}
Peach, raspberries, yoghurt, pistachios {141 Cal / 14.2g Carbs}

.....................................2 mile walk
Dinner (6pm): Albacore tuna steak, sautéed potatoes, green beans, asparagus,
samphire, peas, mango salsa / Viognier (4oz) {463 Cal / 32.1g Carbs}
Dessert : Strawberries, blueberries, yoghurt, macadamias {145 Cal / 12.7g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1550
Carbs 145.9g
Protein 92.2g
Fat 46.6g (Sat Fat 6.9g / Trans fat 0.1g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

My Yesterdays.
B –
Thought I would be adventurous today.
Bought some wholemeal bread from IKAFU a Japanese bakery close by here.
Made a sausage sandwich 2 slices well buttered. No idea of the carb content, doesn’t state on the wrapper. It is baked in house and they have no idea either when I asked.
She looked at me with a kind of blank expression on her face, “What is that?” na shi shenme ma -那是什么,she asked in mandarin lol.🙄
Pre reading 6.0
1 hour post 8.6 maybe a little high, let’s see what the 2 hour is like.
2 hour post 6.7 Surprised at that came down very fast
3 hour post 6.1, I will go with that.
That is on the menu, willl test one more time.
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L –
Nowt
Mid Afternoon.
Bowl of strawberries and whipped cream with ½ bar Ritters Fine Extra Dark Chocolate grated over it .
D –
Food court at HongQiao CBD.
Mapo tofu, spinach, egg with tomato, Lion head meat balls, pork with tofu and cauliflower.
Mid Evening –
Nowt
About 3.0 litres of coffee.
Water with Lemon approx. 0.5l.
End for today.

IMG_5772.jpg IMG_5767.jpg IMG_5768.jpg

Breakfast
Porridge with maple and pecan
Dinner
Cheese spread sandwich on high protein bread
Tea
Haddock mushrooms peppers broccoli peas and carrots fried with spoonful of curry powder for seasoning,homemade whole meal tortilla
Snack
100g natural yoghurt with bit of grape pineapple kiwi
(sorry guys but it not letting me like posts again)

A slither of Mint Viennetta
Hmmmm? What do you mean by a slither? LOL, it's actually relatively good given its a pudding with a 49g slice only being 12g carbs 🙂 xx

Yesterday 1 biscuit in the morning to get my sugar up. Then a sausage sandwich with a handful of chips in the pub. That was it for the day.
Today has been a quarter of a mushroom quiche and then a two slices of bread bacon sandwich this evening. Don't have much of an appetite at the moment.

Hmmmm? What do you mean by a slither? LOL, it's actually relatively good given its a pudding with a 49g slice only being 12g carbs 🙂 xx
It was an XXL one that has been in the freezer since Christmas 😱. I want to try and defrost the freezer so it has to be eaten up (that's my excuse:D) It is supposed to serve 10. I cut it in 4. Then I cut one of the pieces so the other half had 3/4 of it and I had 1/4 so I reckon I had about what they say is a serving (and probably about a quarter of the amount I would have had pre diagnosis 😳) I gauged the size by the amount in one of Ms Molly choc ices. :D. To be honest I am starting to find a lot of the sweet things I used to eat are not appealing anymore

30/04/18 (1445.92cals) weight 75.5kilos no movement! A miracle considering my BS this week. Estimated HbA1c has gone up to 57 this week!
07:27 (BS 8.2) woke up 6 units Novorapid.
Breakfast 449.23cals 34.77g carbs
1 serving pork casserole 449.23cals 34.77g carbs
250ml bottled water

Recipe for pork casserole 8 servings 3593.85cals 278.15g carbs
575g diced lean pork asda 1725cals 2.8g carbs
1 bag 500g frozen mushrooms tesco 80cals 2g carbs
0.5 bag 325g frozen onion asda 325cals 35.75g carbs
1 bag sauté potatoes tesco 1367.85cals 222g carbs
6 oxo veg 96cals 15.6g carbs
2tsp mix herbs schwartz no info
water eyeballed to half way up the ingredients
Slowed cooked overnight.
09:49 (BS 11.3) too much potatoes first thing when most insulin resistant! :(

11:30 trampoline 14.5 minutes. 10 minutes of recovery & considered going again but, my calves were aching!

12:41 Lunch (BS 8.5) 480.74cals 26.475g carbs 3 units Novorapid 28 units Levemir & all other meds.
130g steam salmon fillet tesco 271.96cals 0g carbs
125g steam asparagus tesco 36.5cals 2.5g carbs
5g pure butter dromona 36.4cals 0.035g carbs
150ml cranberry juice 63cals 15g carbs
1 miss molly’s choc ice 72.88cals 8.94g carbs

Know that steam salmon is less but, don’t know the info: baked info!
Asparagus is in season & tastes AMAZING with a bit of butter! Very kind in carbs & cals too! 🙂

14:41 (BS 9.1)

Dozed off in the sun with light blanket covering legs to prevent sunburn! 🙂 Very tired after trampoline!

17:15 Dinner 515.95cals 28.13g carbs
1 slice veg roll hulls 137cals 6.5g carbs
1 sausage baked cookstown 78.03cals 9.2g carbs
2 poached eggs 158cals 0g carbs
1tbsp sauce 44.32cals 4.23g carbs
1 cup tea twinings everyday 0cals 0g carbs
40ml longlife almond milk 9.6cals 1.2g carbs
1 salted caramel chocolate cup asda es 89cals 7g carbs

17:36 3 units Novorapid. Sister, & brother in law, rang & came around just as I was cooking dinner. I forgot to test & inject before! They ate fish & chips, from local chippie, & kindly took away the leftovers so, they’re not a temptation: very considerate! 🙂
Breakfast & dinner were switched around today because I ran out of eggs & longlife almond milk yesterday! Tesco delivery came this morning around 10:30! 🙄
Had a glorious long day in the sun in the conservatory! It was a COLD start but, the sun, in the cloudless sky, warmed up during the day! 🙂

19:55 (BS 6.7)

Had some very distressing news! A phone call from my youngest brother, one of my sisters, not the one visiting today, is in a hospice in England dying of cancer! Prognosis of 3 weeks! She’s been ill for some time & didn’t tell anyone but, her husband & son! I’m still in shock but, know when it hits my BS will drop like a stone!
When my mum was dying of cancer in Hong Kong June to July 2015, I had the distraction of taking my shift looking after her, with my other siblings. But, it hit really hard afterwards when I got back after her funeral in August 2015 & there were sudden drops in BS. I was SO ANGRY FOR SO LONG! I couldn’t do anything then & I can’t do anything now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back