What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today
Tea
B: 2 small slices of Burgen toasted, AVOCADO & 2 fried eggs, milky coffee.
Tea
L: same bread ham & tomato butty, nectarine & mullerlite yogurt.
Tea
Nine bar
T: Chinese takeaway - Satay chicken skewers, BBQ spare ribs & a few prawn crackers. 2 glasses red wine.
2 G&T's

Off in the motorhome tomorrow for the night. Going to a local village where the pub has got live music tomorrow night. I will try my best to be a good girl 🙄. Have a good weekend folks.
A Lady of immaculate impeccable epicurean discernable taste.

Yippee! Cheese IS on the menu! 01:46 BS 5.9. Got up around 01:00 for a call of nature & couldn’t quite get back to sleep. So, did a quick catch up & a few posts before feeling tired. About to go back to sleep then, remembered to test. :D

So, excited! Candian Vintage is my favourite cheese & I left that unopened block in the fridge HOPING I CAN eat it without the sustained raise! 🙂

Why did it work THIS time & not the last time I exercised? Looking back at the entries, I ate it BEFORE, this time, instead of AFTER, the last time, exercising! 🙄

“I’m so excited. I just can’t hide it. I know, I know, I know, I want you!” Just be grateful that I’m not ACTUALLY singing this! But, that’s what I’m feeling! 😛

I realised HOW much I missed cheese, not eaten in 6 years, when I started eating eating it again! Imagine an emoji with tears in the eyes!

MUST calm down if I want to get some more sleep now! :(

Yippee! Cheese IS on the menu! 01:46 BS 5.9. Got up around 01:00 for a call of nature & couldn’t quite get back to sleep. So, did a quick catch up & a few posts before feeling tired. About to go back to sleep then, remembered to test. :D

So, excited! Candian Vintage is my favourite cheese & I left that unopened block in the fridge HOPING I CAN eat it without the sustained raise! 🙂

Why did it work THIS time & not the last time I exercised? Looking back at the entries, I ate it BEFORE, this time, instead of AFTER, the last time, exercising! 🙄

“I’m so excited. I just can’t hide it. I know, I know, I know, I want you!” Just be grateful that I’m not ACTUALLY singing this! But, that’s what I’m feeling! 😛

I realised HOW much I missed cheese, not eaten in 6 years, when I started eating eating it again! Imagine an emoji with tears in the eyes!

Great @Lanny
I eat cheese almaost every day, cannot live without it.:D

Good news Lanny, enjoy your love affair with the cheese :D. Hope the excitement didn't keep you awake.

Friday 27/4
FBG (5.30am) - 4.2
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (made with almond milk), strawberries,
blueberries, pecans {273 Cal / 35.5g Carbs}
.....................................3 mile walk
.....................................5 km row
Breakfast 2 (8am): Toast (one slice, sliced), mackerel / Satsuma {304 Cal / 24.4g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Hare [leftovers], celeriac mash, carrots, swede,
turnip, peas {337 Cal / 34.1g Carbs}
Peach, blackberries, yoghurt, macadamias {158 Cal / 11.3g Carbs}
.....................................3 mile walk

Snack (4pm): Ham, avocado, tomato, cucumber {154 Cal / 3.9g Carbs}

BG (6pm) 4.0
Dinner (6pm): Pangasius fillet (breaded), fries, peas, sweetcorn {329 Cal / 33.5g Carbs}
Pinot noir {100 Cal / 3.1g Carbs}
Dessert : Nectarine, raspberries, yoghurt, hazelnuts {133 Cal / 10.2g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too
Calories 1777
Carbs 162.5g
Protein 117.4g
Fat 60.4g (Sat Fat 12.5g / Trans fat 0.4g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

This, however was not the end of the story today. An unexpected visit from friends bearing cheese; some of my favourites in fact (Chaource, Chabichou, Roquefort, Comte). This led to also eating quite a lot of bread (it was just out of the oven when they arrived), a lot of wine (a good Burgundy), and at least half a dozen chocolates.
Slept like a log and had a BG of 4.1 at 5.30am.
I am not going to add calories & carbs for last night, but will put it down to experience. It is the first time since diagnosis in late 2016 that I haven't included some food but I really can't be bothered.
Maybe it was just a dream. [and maybe that faint hangover is my imagination too]

B: packet of cocktail sausages & ketchup followed by choc/sea salt nut bar (shouldn't have gone to Aldi before breakfast. I was starving and had to eat something)
L: Cheese & ham toastie on Burgen
S: 3 'no added sugar' mini eggs
S: low carb bread roll (testing purposes only)
D: Cod loin marinated in Garam masalla, cumin, turmeric & ginger with savoury Bulgar Wheat/cauli rice
Pud: 1 slice chocolate heaven cake with berries & squirty cream

28/04/18 (1661.89cals) Yikes!!! Too much breakfast!

01:46 (BS 5.9) couldn’t get back to sleep! Cheese is back on the menu BEFORE exercising.

03:51 (BS 7.3) Breakfast 703.03cals 95.5g carbs 6 units Novorapid.
200g microchips mccains 346cals 52g carbs
1 slice veg roll hulls 137cals 6.5g carbs
1 sausage baked cookstown 78.03cals 9.2g carbs
100g baked beans heinz 79cals 12.8g carbs
150ml cranberry juice ocean spray 63cals 15g carbs

Fell asleep more or less straight away!

10:36 (BS 11.2) woke up 3 units Novorapid 28 units Levemir & all other meds. In two minds whether to put Levemir back up to 29 as I’m not exercising today. DSN doesn’t think the effects can last that long. Decided to be cautious & see what happens? I can add 1 extra unit of Novorapid if BS is high later? I made soup. Tested again just before eating to see the effects of prebolusing?

11:12 Lunch (BS 6.4) 384.02cals 26.064g carbs
2 servings pork sweetcorn soup 384.02cals 26.064g carbs

Recipe for pork sweetcorn soup 384.02cals 26.064g carbs
198g tinned sweetcorn green giant 152.46cals 23.364g carbs
25g diced lean pork asda 75cals 0.1g carbs
2 eggs 134.06cals 0g carbs
1 oxo veg 16 cals 2.6g carbs
800ml water (2 servings or 3 rice bowls)
splash 0.5tsp sesame oil toasted tesco 22.5cals 0g carbs

I edited, as I didn’t know how to remove, the recipe in the sub forum recipes without the sugar! Why so little pork? I know from experience that it’s much sweeter than chicken!

13:12 (BS 12.0) high so, may need extra unit later?

15:05 Dinner (BS 9.9) 574.84cals 40.68g carbs 4 units of Novorapid.
1 beef grill birds eye 172cals 4.2g carbs
3 haddock fingers birds eye 184.8cals 17.64g carbs
1x160g steam veg tesco greens & corn 103.04cals 11.84g carbs
200ml unsweetened almond milk 26cals 0g carbs
1 salted caramel chocolate cup asda es 89cals 7g carbs

17:08 (BS 6.4) a wee bit lower than I would like but, will see where I’m at, at, or after, the 4 hour mark?

Crikey!!! No wonder I fell asleep straight after breakfast! I totted everything up at the end of the day & I’m startled! It impacted on the rest of the day too! For convenience, I just quickly note what I eat at the time so, I don’t forget! Yikes! I need to add it up before eating! I need a slap in the face!!!

B - Porridge, nuts and berries

L - Coop layered pasta salad with extra salad leaves

D - Coop Chicken and Leek Gratin, mashed root vegetables, green vegetable medley (ok, so I was lazy, it is the
current Coop meal deal)

Soreen banana lunchbox loaf with butter
2 crispbreads with peanut butter

Yes! I didn’t realise that this brand has beef in it! My local butcher shop dosen’t use meat in it but, he doesn’t deliver & I haven’t been walking into town much this year, 7000 steps there & back! I’d been wondering why it’s higher in cals than the sausages?

Now I’ve more enery, I have to get them from my butchers & ask for the nutritional info! He’ll understand as his wife is a nurse at my health centre & has often taken my annual HbA1c tests over the years!

Now I’ve more enery, I have to get them from my butchers & ask for the nutritional info! He’ll understand as his wife is a nurse at my health centre & has often taken my annual HbA1c tests over the years!
I would love to try some of the things that my local butcher shop does but unfortunately they don't give nutrition information :( xx

My bucher does he prepackages some stuff with the info on & you can still get stuff weighed fresh, as it were!

Hi all

We couldn't go away this morning cos I've been ill since about 2.45am :(. Upset tummy, feeling sick & really cold.
Sips of water till about 2pm, in between sleeping.
Tea
3 sugar free digestives
Tea
Just had 2 Allinson seedy bread toasted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back