What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all
Yesterday during our trip to London I may have consumed a burger in a brioche bun with polenta fries and a couple of glasses of wine at Jamie's Italian. Then at the theatre we had a VIP pack so we had a G&T as a welcome drink, then this in the interval
20180421_155405.jpg
Then on the train trip home I had a turkey butty from M&S with a sneaky can of G&T :D

Today I plan to be a better girl 🙄

B 2 fried eggs (no oil) on wholeleal toast with a tomato
L Thai chicken curry made with a quarter jar of ready made paste with micorwave brown rice, one small poppadom, and one small garlicnaan.
D. Cup of chicken soup with one slice of wholemeal bread.
S. Nothing, as too nervous watching my home town team battling to win promotion v Nottingham Forest on Sky

Today
Tea
B: Out - Sausage, 2 bacon, 2 eggs, black pudding, mushrooms, beans, grilled tomato, 1 white toast, tea.
Tea
Tea
3ish: 2 Broghies and some dips
3 G&T's
T: Pork medallions in a tomato & olive sauce, Mediterranean veg & 4 new potatoes. 2 glasses de vin rouge :D

Sunday 22/4
FBG (5.30am) - Not measured today
Breakfast (8am): Scrambled eggs, ham, mushrooms, tomatoes, baked beans,
toast (one slice, seeded) / Juice from one orange {367 Cal / 26.7g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Tomato & basil soup {84 Cal / 13.2g Carbs}
Prawn & avocado salad, ryvita, hummus {231 Cal / 13.1g Carbs}
Peach, raspberries, yoghurt, walnuts {124 Cal / 9.0g Carbs}

Snack (3pm): Toast (one slice, seeded), banana, almond butter {207 Cal / 19.7g Carbs}
...............................5 mile walk

Dinner (6pm): Roast beef [slow cooked brisket], Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes,
squash, turnip, cauliflower, green beans {389 Cal / 27.1g Carbs}
Wine: Malbec (6oz) {150 Cal / 4.6g Carbs}
Dessert : Strawberries, blueberries, yoghurt, macadamias {145 Cal / 10.3g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1780
Carbs 133.2g
Protein 102.0g
Fat 69.4g (Sat Fat 15.8g / Trans fat 0.6g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

My Yesterday.
B –
7.00 am Medium banana Tested after 1 hour 7.5 after 2 hours 6.6 happy with that.
9.00 am Rump steak, 2 fried free range some chopped tinned toms with a little Lea and Perrins.
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L –
Lunch out today beside the river.
Seafood with Japanese Tofu, Roasted combo - pork, duck, chicken with sweet chili and mustard dipping sauces, Italian shrimp salad, Stir fried lettuce with black bean and fish sauce.
Lemon tea
Mid afternoon –
Nowt
D –
Smoked salmon with home egg mayo with tinned red salmon with a little Lea and Perrins, Olives and a few silverskin onions, blue cheese and vine toms.
Blackberries and whipping cream.
Cachet 85% 5sq.
Mid Evening –
Nowt
About 2.5 litres of coffee.
Water with Lemon approx. 0.5l.
2 glasses soya milk.
End for today.

IMG_5714.jpg IMG_5716.jpg IMG_5718.jpg IMG_5719.jpg IMG_5707.jpg IMG_5713.jpg IMG_5717.jpg IMG_5715.jpg IMG_5708.jpg

Last edited:
Breakfast
Egg and cheese on toast ( wholemeal)
Dinner
None
Tea
Chicken and veg curry
Homemade tortilla
Supper
100g natural yoghurt poached apple and tangerine
Snack
25g dark chocolate 85%(getting to like Vince_UK)

22/04/18 (1214.22cals)
03:05 (BS 7.0) woke up.
04:44 (BS 7.4) Breakfast 452cals 53.8g carbs 6 units Novorapid.
100g microchips mccains 173cals 26g carbs
100g baked beans heinz 79cals 12.8g carbs
1 serving chicken sweetcorn soup 200cals 15g carbs

Recipe for chicken sweetcorn soup 399.99cals 29.864g carbs
198g tinned sweetcorn green giant 152.46cals 23.364g carbs
1 chicken chargrill birds eye 142cals 3.9g carbs
1 egg 67.03cals 0g carbs
800ml water (2 servings or 3 rice bowls)
1 oxo veg 16cals 2.6g carbs
splash 0.5tsp sesame oil toasted tesco 22.5cals 0g carbs

Still tastes nice & a little bit sweet without the sugar! But, the balance is not quite right: a tinny wee bit too much salt. So, 0.5 oxo next time?

07:15 (BS 10.4)

12:44 Lunch (BS 9.7) 343.22cals 2.83g carbs 3 units Novorapid 29 units Levemir & all other meds.
2 poached eggs 158cals 0g carbs
100g smoked salmon tesco 159.22cals 2.83g carbs
200ml unsweetened almond milk 26cals 0g carbs

14:35 (BS 6.2) a little lower than I’d like so, ate a snack.
Correction Snack 36cals 4.35g carbs
1 oatcake nairns 36cals 4.35g carbs

My sister came for a visit & we went to the seaside. Walked, shopped & ate out. They, sister & brother in law, were hungry, hadn’t eaten since breakfast! We ate at a well known, locally, restaurant & I ate with them even though I only had my testing kit in my handbag & didn’t have any insulin on me, hadn’t planned on eating out!

16:37 (BS 7.1) Dinner guessed 383cals 16g carbs
grilled salmon fillet 273cals0g carbs
sauté potatoes 110cals 16g carbs
tap water
17:45 (BS 9.1) just leaving.

Got home & injected 3 units Novorapid. Didn’t test again: knew it would be high because of the delay. Went to bed knowing the insulin would eventually do its thing! Out like a light, more or less, & slept through the night.
Was a little surprised at a decent figure this morning: 6.6! Put it down to the exercise: just over 5300 steps (forgot to sync the tracker with the phone before sleeping last night so, 200+ more than what I posted in the waking average thread).
I had a GREAT day yesterday! 🙂 😎 :D

I don’t like the idea of eating mouldy cheese!
Wonderful stuff :D
I think I have said this previously. My Chinese friends eat chicken feet, scorpions and all sorts of wonderful concoctions but they wil not eat Dark Chocolate or Cheese.
So, I am going to melt some chocolate and dip some blue cheese in it to coat it and tell them it is a famous UK delicacy and I will highly offended if they don't eat it.:D

editted typos as usual lol

Last edited:
I blame my Dad, he used to love gorgonzola, used to take a chunk to work for lunch, his workmates could not abide the smell.🙄
Hmmmm gorgonzola

B: 2 poached eggs on 2 slices low carb cob
L: Picked at a few leftover bits from the barbecue
D: Roast chicken & huge salad
Pud: Chocolate & peanut butter cup (made some with added peppermint essence & a dried goldenberry on top. No idea what a goldenberry is, but they are nice & quite low carb.

Wonderful stuff :D
I think I have said this previously. My Chinese friends eat chicken feet, scorpions and all sorts of wonderful concoctions but they wil not eat Dark Chocolate or Cheese.
So, I am going to melt some chocolate and dip some biue cheese in it to coat it and tell them it is an fanous UK delicacy and I will highly offended if they don't eat it.:D.
My other half has been obliged to eat all sorts of 'delicacies' over the years in Malaysia. When a group came over here we took them to a fish and chip restaurant. First they are not really used to eating a meal like us, they usually have lots of small dishes to dip into. Secondly he insisted they have mushy peas, the guy who served us was a friend of our son's and he played up to it, saying it was a local delicacy and given to highly honoured guests in all the best places :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back