What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
www.groceries.iceland.co.uk/Iceland-luxury-mini-rolls-9-pack/p/69016

kaylz try a couple of these mini rolls they are lovely tasting and being mini I can eat three with cheese and brown sauce and still end up hypo. They are only £1.25 for 9 rolls.

John
Don't have an Iceland and the links not working so don't know what they are anyway, if its anything like a ham, cheese and pickle sandwich I'd rather just have the sandwich anyway, would be more filling too x

Don't have an Iceland and the links not working so don't know what they are anyway, if its anything like a ham, cheese and pickle sandwich I'd rather just have the sandwich anyway, would be more filling too x

Sorry it doesn't appeal to you and the link is not working, the rest of your message makes no sense I did not mention sandwich you did. What I pointed out were PLAIN BREAD ROLLS. Never mind someone else might be interested

Sorry it doesn't appeal to you and the link is not working, the rest of your message makes no sense I did not mention sandwich you did. What I pointed out were PLAIN BREAD ROLLS. Never mind someone else might be interested
I'd been looking at the Iceland site a few days ago, they seem to be the only place that does Broghies, planning to go there soon, thought they only did frozen food !!! Will look out for those rolls as other half is cutting down on carbs along with me and they look a nice size

How does it not make sense? I didn't know they were plain bread rolls as the link wasn't working as I stated! So it could have been anything such as a cheese and pickle pastry roll, Yeah maybe

I'd been looking at the Iceland site a few days ago, they seem to be the only place that does Broghies, planning to go there soon, thought they only did frozen food !!! Will look out for those rolls as other half is cutting down on carbs along with me and they look a nice size

I think you will be pleasantry surprised, I have been buying 3 packets a week for about 2 months and they are nice and tasty and as you have noticed also low carb and the variety of 3 white, 3 wholemeal and 3 seeded in a pack is handy.

John.

Thursday 19/4
FBG (5.30am) - 4.2
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (made with almond milk), peach,
raspberries, hazelnuts {296 Cal / 36.0g Carbs}
...............................2 mile walk
...............................5 km on rowing machine
Breakfast 2 (8am): Scrambled eggs, ham, avocado, mushrooms, tomatoes,
toast (one slice, seeded) /Juice from one grapefruit {373 Cal / 16.5g Carbs}

Snack (10am): Banana {61 Cal / 13.8g Carbs}
...............................5 mile walk

Lunch (12pm): Rabbit, foraged mushroom & butter bean stew,
celeriac mash [leftovers], peas, sweetcorn {385 Cal / 39.6g Carbs}
Mango, passion fruit, yoghurt, pistachios {168 Cal / 15.2g Carbs}

...............................1 mile walk
Dinner (5pm): Eating out, amounts are estimated
Icli Kofte (minced lamb, mint, dill, pine nuts, bulgar wheat), Kalamari,
Muska Boregi (feta, spinach, pine nuts in filo pastry), Hummus,
Patlican Esme (Aubergine, garlic & lemon puree), bread {345 Cal / 23.8g Carbs}
Izgara Leverek (sea bass), fries {210 Cal / 12.6g Carbs}
Dessert : Sutlac (Turkish rice pudding) {188 Cal / 24.8g Carbs}
Wine: Okuzgozu (8oz) {200 Cal / 6.1g Carbs}
...............................1 mile walk
Back home, stuffed to bursting!

BG (9pm) 4.8

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 2277
Carbs 194.8g
Protein 128.6g
Fat 78.6g (Sat Fat 18.2g / Trans fat 0.6g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

My Yesterday.
B –
Medium banana
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L –
Factory Lunch.
Egg roll stuffed with minced pork, cabbage with chilli, egg and tomato, tofu with green beans and peppers.
Mid afternoon –
Nowt
D –
2 Thuringian pork sausages, Canadian bacon, 2 fried free range, low carb muffin and some chopped tinned toms.
Blackberries and whipped cream
3 Raffaello
Mid Evening –
Nowt
About 3.0 litres of coffee.
Water with Lemon approx. 0.5l.
1x500ml bottle Sprite Zero
End for today.

IMG_5681.jpg

This is going be a long post but, I realise that some explanations are in order.

The chinese love to have sweet soups, literally that, soups that are sweet made with things like red beans, bean curd, a different much softer kind of tofu & even a crackers in hot water & sugar sweet soup that my late mum used to love!

Our family restaurant’s chicken sweetcorn soup was always sweet made with sugar & thickened with lots of cornflour & it’s the same at restaurants in Hong Kong: my experience is it’s always sweet! It was just like the curry that would send my blood sugars sky high & I would just have to take the extra novonorm tablets, I was still on then, for it. I modified it with less sugar & beat the egg/s for 20/25 minutes by hand, while the soup is cooking, for the soufle effect to thicken the soup without the cornflour & it didn’t effect my blood sugars much.

As to the meat, it’s only this past month that I’ve started to eat meat at all again! Six years ago, around the time I switched to insulin, I was diagnosed with a fatty liver & couldn’t process fats at all. My digestion got increasingly slowed down, blocked & throwing up lumps of white sticky clumps of vapor rub like fat! The GP advised me to go on a low fat diet but, not to cut it out altogether as there are some essential nutrients needed. Cut out obvious sources of fat like pastry, cakes, eggs, butter & spreads, cheese, red meat etc. Which I did & the relief was almost instant!

I stopped eating any meat at all & only had seafood & a little pancetta in soups. Six years on, with the info that I’ve soaked up on these forums, I tried eating sausages again, which I used to love, & it didn’t cause me any problems. Was a bit surprised by that but, didn’t question it: I CAN eat it!

The butter I’m having on toast doesn’t seem to affect me now either: even more surprised by as the proccessed low fat spreads CAN & I have to watch the intake of! I had problems with double cream & cheese, though!

I, very recently, read a post by @Vince_UK where he mentioned that a fatty liver can heal itself if it’s not stressed when certain foods are cut down or out of the diet!

I can eat sausages now so, decided to try chicken & see how that goes with a mind to eating lamb again, also used to love! Being single & living alone, I didn’t want to get big packs of raw chicken, which I’ll have to freeze anyway, & went for the more convenient chicken chargrills, also used to love! Dosen’t seem to be a problem either & down to the last few! Had decided to buy raw chicken & freeze the excess! Will try lamb too at some point but, expecting some problems as it’s much fattier!

As for eggs, again I haven’t touched one in 6 years & didn’t have chicken sweetcorn soup, also for 6 years, because of the egg in it! Eggs haven’t been a problem either now & last week, when craving sweet things, I made the soup & LOVED it!

This week, without the sweet cravings, the soup is tasting TOO sweet & I’d already decided not to add any sugar in it & use raw chicken: can be made with cooked but, raw is always best!

As to my lessening requirements for insulin now, the DSN thinks there are a few factors influencing it. Yes, HbA1c results are dependant on a normal blood profile with normal levels of iron. I was low in iron, don’t know for how long, & getting ill. Now that my iron levels are being replenished with iron tablets, that’s affecting things: only time will tell by how much! The weight I’m losing, & now the inches too, maybe lessening my insulin resistance & I don’t need so much!

B: 1 slice of low carb bread & home made jam (mashed berries & sweetener blitzed in microwave until thickened)
L: Cajun chicken & cucumber in low carb roll
D: Large donner kebab (no pitta) with salad & garlic mayo (didn't eat half of it! Too much)
Pud: 1 slice strawberry cheesecake.

B: 1 slice of low carb bread & home made jam (mashed berries & sweetener blitzed in microwave until thickened)
L: Cajun chicken & cucumber in low carb roll
D: Large donner kebab (no pitta) with salad & garlic mayo (didn't eat half of it! Too much)
Pud: 1 slice strawberry cheesecake.
The jam sounds easy to make Mark, will try that myself.

The jam sounds easy to make Mark, will try that myself.
I just make two portions at a time. Don't need much sweetener, about a teaspoon should do. Will try making a whole jar sometime.🙂 Can be done with frozen berries. Has no affect of my BG.🙂

My Yesterday.

B –
Medium banana
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L –
Factory Lunch.
Fish (no comment), Bean sprouts, peanuts and some beans with the tiniest amount of beef. Didn’t eat the rice of course. Different cook today.
Mid afternoon –
Had a couple of toms and some blue cheese when I arrived back home.
D –
Chicken breast diced, coated with a spicy seasoning and cooked in the Actifry, Mushrooms sautéed in butter and some chopped tinned toms with a little Lea and Perrins added.
Blackberries and whipped cream
½ bar Hachez 88%
Mid Evening –
Nowt
About 3.0 litres of coffee.
Water with Lemon approx. 0.5l.
1x500ml bottle Sprite Zero
End for today.

IMG_5689.jpg

B. I tried 2 slices of Burgen Soya and linseed toasts 1 with butter the other with peanut butter had a bite of both ,yuk never again , binned them and toasted my usual wholemeal bread had peanut butter on both a large coffee.
L . An apple and sparkling water.
D. 8 oven chips, a spoonful of yummy mushy peas , haddock it was battered 😱:Dand a Coke Zero.
Water throughout the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back