Not open for further replies.
My Yesterday.
B –
Medium banana
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L –
Factory Lunch.
Asparagus lettuce must have bought a job lot, egg in soy sauce, tofu and green beans, fatty pork
Mid afternoon –
Nowt
D –
Smoked salmon, tuna with avocado egg mayo and a dash of Lea and Perrins,
Vine toms and just a smidgen of blue cheese.
Raspberries and whipped cream
½ bar Hachez 88% Choc, 8gr/carbs
Mid Evening –
Nowt
About 3.0 litres of coffee.
Water with Lemon approx. 0.0l.
1x500ml bottle Sprite Zero
End for today.
IMG_5674.jpg

18/04/18 (945.09cals)
06:16 woke (BS 6.3)
06:30 Breakfast 424.63cals 39.7g carbs 8 units Novorapid.
1 poached egg 79cals 0g carbs
1 slice veg roll hulls 137cals 6.5g carbs
1 sausage baked cookstown 78.03cals 9.2g carbs
100g baked beans heinz 79cals 12.8g carbs
1 cup tea twinings everyday 0cals 0g carbs
40ml longlife almond milk 9.6cals 1.2g carbs
100ml cranberry juice ocean spray 42cals 10g carbs
(Tasted normal this morning this morning!) (BS 8.6)

11:00 Lunch (BS 9.3) 390.68cals 67.71g carbs 9 units Novorapid +3 for sushi. 31 units Levemir & all other meds.
3 chilli chicken sushi 364.68cals 67.71g carbs
200ml unsweetened almond milk alpro 26cals 0g carbs
12:48 (BS 9.9)

15:00 (BS 6.5) slight headache & started to feel freezing! Turned the heater on full blast & had a bowl of leftover soup: tasted sweeter than usual but, managed to finish it!
1 bowl chicken sweetcorn soup 129.78cals 11.14g carbs

Recipe for chicken sweetcorn soup
198g tinned sweetcorn green giant 152.46cals 23.364g carbs
1 chicken chargrill birds eye 142cals 3.9g carbs
1 egg 67.03cals 0g carbs
800ml water (2 servings or 3 rice bowls)
1 oxo veg 16cals 2.6g carbs
0.5tsp honey 12.34cals 3.55g carbs
splash 0.5tsp sesame oil toasted tesco 22.5cals 0g carbs

Spoke to DSN & I had too much for the sushi this week: same extra dose I had for last week was too much this week! Not really hypo but, BS was dropping down! Reduce lunch dose from 6 to 4 until I see her & dietician next week.

Switched off heater about 16:30 so, not as long to recover as I didn’t go so low this time. Fake hypo it may have been but, it tired me out! Just when I got my normal pattern back & stayed awake after lunch: slept early this morning 03:00 to 06:16. Slept around 17:00?

23:56 woke (BS 7.1) not hungry yet.

Will post dinner, when I have it in tomorrow’s post.
I know, in the long term, less insulin is better but, short term; keeping me on my toes!
Lowered lunchtime dose starts tomorrow!

B. 2 slices of wholemeal bread and Brussels pate and a large coffee.
L. 3 Ryvita’s 2 had some cheddar cheese on, an apple and a Coke Zero
D didn’t eat.
S. 2 slices wholemeal toast and coffee.

Hey, Vince, have you tried curried eggs? A hard boiled egg marinated, in its shell, with a spicy curry marinate. Or the famous, or infamous, 100 year old eggs: expensive dish served in top class restaurants? Based on the REAL marinated for 100 year eggs ancient emperors ate: not REALLY 100 years these days! There are various other marinates too, like sweet & sour, or BBQ!

Hey, Vince, have you tried curried eggs? A hard boiled egg marinated, in its shell, with a spicy curry marinate. Or the famous, or infamous, 100 year old eggs: expensive dish served in top class restaurants? Based on the REAL marinated for 100 year eggs ancient emperors ate: not REALLY 100 years these days! There are various other marinates too, like sweet & sour, or BBQ!
Hi Lanny, had the curried variety and liked them, The 100 year old ones I tried a few years ago in BJ and was violently ill for 3 days. No idea why, I blamed maybe bad eggs and unclean marinades so I have avoided them ever since. I also avoid the ones where the egg white has truned into a green glass like appearance lol.
Wary of eggs here and for home I only buy and eat the free range ones that come from a farm in Anhui owned by the store owner. The yolks are a wonderful deep yellow and firm and they taste terrific, more expensive than normal eggs but well worth it. I have found the eggs generally on sale here to be tasteless and the yolks a very pale yellow and very runny.
3 dishes I baulk at, 100 year old eggs, sea slugs which are an expensive delicacy and chicken feet which my friends here seem to relish.
I will also not eat ducks head, again relished by my friends, and the blood soup.
😱
One oher thing I do find abhorent is the live turtles they sell in supermarkets, restaurants and on the streets.
I just will not consider that and it upsets me to see it.

Ooh, Vince! I didn’t think turtles, & turtle soup, was done anymore? :(

I don’t about the eggs in Shanhai but, the same is true in Hong Kong with eggs & poultry: battery farms because of the lack of space! As for dairy & beef; very expensive, not great tasting & there’s only one dairy, Kowloon Diary, that supplys fresh produce!

Ooh, Vince! I didn’t think turtles, & turtle soup, was done anymore? :(

I don’t about the eggs in Shanhai but, the same is true in Hong Kong with eggs & poultry: battery farms because of the lack of space! As for dairy & beef; very expensive, not great tasting & there’s only one dairy, Kowloon Diary, that supplys fresh produce!
On many restaurant menus Lanny. They will even bring them live to your table for inspection.😱 I have a serious problem with that .

Yesterday
Tea x 2
B: Raspberries & LF Greek yogurt, 2 boiled eggs, water
Tea
L: Egg, bacon & mayo on seeded sourdough butty, 3 small slices of watermelon, mullerlight yogurt.
Small slice of Victoria sponge cake to celebrate a colleague's 60th birthday, tea
T: 2 lamb chops, asparagus & baby potatoes, 3 glasses of red wine.

B: 1 slice of low carb bread toasted with peanut butter
L: Home made scotch egg
D: Gino's crispy chicken & spicy tomato sauce with home grown purple sprouting broccoli & green beans
Pud: 4 'no added sugar' mini eggs (1.5g NET carb each)

Remember Levaggis? they were on the street where my gran lived in Denton. Now Crown Point North.
Remember levaggis they still going don't know where they are based now,used to work at labour club facing crown point north many years ago when I was a teenager,x

19/04/18 (1548.27cals) average for today & yesterday 1246.68cals.
02:41 Dinner (BS 7.3) 372cals 52g carbs 4 units Novorapid.
2 boxes 200g micro chips mccains 346cals 52g carbs
200ml unsweetened almond milk 26cals 0g carbs
Slept around 03:20?

05:53 woke (BS 10.8) not hungry yet! Took out wheelie bin, 1500 steps, & made soup for breakfast. Noticed for the first time that my jacket when buttoned feels looser around my waist: about an inch?

07:13 (BS 9.7) 180.58cals 15.82g carbs 8 units Novorapid.
1 serving chicken sweetcorn soup 180.58cals 15.82g carbs

Recipe for chicken sweetcorn soup 722.32cals 63.278g carbs
2 chicken chargrills birds eye 244cals 7.8g carbs
2x198g tins sweetcorn green giant 304.92cals 46.728g carbs
2 eggs 134.06cals 0g carbs
2 oxo veg 32cals 5.2g carbs
0.5tsp honey 12.34cals 3.55g carbs
1600ml water (4 servings or 6 rice bowls)
1tsp sesame oil toasted tesco 45cals 0g carbs

Tried less honey! Was ok to start with but, got progressively sweeter as I ate. So, will try none at all next time! But, still 3 servings left! The soup was handy yesterday! Didn’t have any insulin for it, raised my BS a little, to make me feel better (didn’t test at the time so, don’t know by how much) & sustained my BS while I slept.

09:15 (BS 6.9) cautious 0.5 bowl soup 60cals 5.2g carbs.
Tasted EVEN sweeter. Topped up the remainder of the soup to 1600ml to dilute it.

Revised recipe for chicken sweetcorn soup
481.74cals 42.708g carbs
topped up with water to 1600ml (4 servings or 6 rice bowls)

11:17 Lunch (BS 6.4) 490.69cals 43.038g carbs 4 units Novorapid. 31 units Levemir & all other meds.
1 bowl chicken sweetcorn soup 80.29cals 7.118g carbs
2 POTR sandwiches 410.4 cals 35.92g carbs

Recipe for POTR sandwich 205.2cals 17.96g carbs
2 slices kingsmill no crusts 50/50 94cals 17g carbs
2 slices pork, onion, tomato roll denny 38.4cals 0.88g carbs
10g pure butter dromona 72.8cals 0.07g carbs
0.25tsp american mustard french’s 0cals 0g carbs
13:39 (BS 9.2)

16:32 (BS 5.6) feeling hypo! Headache & dizzy but, not freezing! Hung over!
Dinner 409cals 67g carbs
2 boxes 200g micro chips mccains 346cals 52g carbs
150ml cranberry juice ocean spray 63cals 15g carbs
16:56 4 units Novorapid.

Juice tasted disgustingly sweet again & the sweet acid hurt the back of my throat but, used a straw to force it down me while I waited 3 minutes for the chips! Managed to avoid freezing this time but, the headache & dizziness felt worse: hang over!

Just managed to reach DSN before she was finished for the day. Further reductions in doses. Levemir 29 units, Novorapid breakfast 6, lunch 3 & dinner 4 units!

18:33 (BS 7.1) still very hung over, pounding headache & dizzy! Ate 1 oatcake nairns 36cals 4.35g carbs.

19:20 feeling better, hang over easing at last! VERY tired! Will sleep now!

Recipe for chicken sweetcorn soup 722.32cals 63.278g carbs
2 chicken chargrills birds eye 244cals 7.8g carbs
May i ask why you don't just use fresh chicken? Seems pointless adding the carbs of the grills when you could just use fresh 100% chicken rather than something that's only 75% chicken, is there any real NEED to add honey? x

May i ask why you don't just use fresh chicken? Seems pointless adding the carbs of the grills when you could just use fresh 100% chicken rather than something that's only 75% chicken, is there any real NEED to add honey? x

I must admit, that puzzles me too. I’ve never used honey when I’ve made chicken and sweetcorn soup.

I must admit, that puzzles me too. I’ve never used honey when I’ve made chicken and sweetcorn soup.
Think it would make me gag to be honest! haha, even when I got it from the Chinese it was more salty and certainly didn't include honey! xx

Today
Tea
Coffee
B: Raspberries & LF Greek yogurt, 2 poached eggs & avocado, water.
Tea
L: Ham & pickle butty on seeded sourdough, a pear & mullerlight yogurt. Coffee.
Tea
T: 2 burgers with cheddar & leek cheese, a few skin on fries & a few onion rings followed by a very naughty cornetto. Coke zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back