What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday:
B: 50gs Jordans Country Crisp and Semi-skimmed milk
L: Roast pork with mashed swede and 2 potatos roasted
D: Fish, chips, peas and mushrooms down the pub.

I crochet and cross stitch when I get time. I am currently crocheting granny squares for a blanket for our motorhome, boring cream though not pretty colours like yours.

I did a bed cover for my mother about 20 years ago. All white, triple crochet, and a rose pink scalloped edge. Then each corner had a rose and a leaf. Double size, but it was a labour of love. 🙂

After she passed, my sisters said I should take it, do now it is on our bed.
S.

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal smoked ham and garlic & herb Philly sandwich and salted caramel protein bar
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - mushroom omelette, charlotte potatoes, green beans and 2 squares 90% (I am jealous tonight of their pies though, pic attached) but I really enjoyed my omelette!
Currently - coffee x20180322_163405.jpg 20180322_163402.jpg

B: Fresh mackerel in a home made tomato sauce on a low carb muffin
L: Chicken, salami & cucumber wholemeal thin
D: Thai green curry, cauli rice & a few prawn cracker.
Pud: 1 slice chocolate & peanut butter cake.
View attachment 7334
Oh WOW, If you have any left I would be happy to help out :D

B. 2 slices of wholemeal toast with peanut butter and coffee.
L. Piece of Lactofree cheddar an apple and a Coke Zero.
D.2 Naked Cumberland sausages, fried onions, four small new potatoes and some sparkling water.

a.m. Coffee, coffee, coffee + scone with cream.
Home briefly at lunch, chocolate flavour PhD Woman (meal replacement drink)
Tea; pinto's and spinach, butternut squash, and ASDA vegetables medley with hummus sauce.
Soya yogurt with 2 Tbsp blueberries.

Hi, new to the thread, and still learning what I can n can’t tolerate. Also a coeliac so bit more tricky on the diet.
Breakfast. Nothing
11am small banana n an options hot choc sachet
Lunch. Apple (pink lady) clementine and a 10cal jelly
Dinner bowl of cornflakes with sweetener (pushed my sugars up 3 points so will avoid from now on)
Eve snack. Handful Brazil nuts and some 70% choc chunks.
Cuppa decaf tea with sweetener, and approx 1.5 litres of water throughout day.

Have stalled on my weight loss, stuck at 10 pounds, I’m exercising and am hardly eating anything and feeling miserable :(.
Any advice?

Last edited:
Hi, new to the thread, and still learning what I can n can’t tolerate.
Breakfast. Nothing
11am small banana n an options hot choc sachet
Lunch. Apple (pink lady) clementine and a 10cal jelly
Dinner bowl of cornflakes with sweetener (pushed my sugars up 3 points so will avoid from now on)
Eve snack. Handful Brazil nuts and some 70% choc chunks.
Cuppa decaf tea with sweetener, and approx 1.5 litres of water throughout day.

Have stalled on my weight loss, stuck at 10 pounds, I’m exercising and am hardly eating anything and feeling miserable :(.
Any advice?
I'm surprised you can manage a banana and hot choc sachet without pushing the sugars up? x

I'm surprised you can manage a banana and hot choc sachet without pushing the sugars up? x
I’ve never tested it during work so hadn’t thought about it. Oops. Will try it out this weekend. How long do u wait to test after something like that? I test when I get up, before n 2 hours after evening meal but that’s all at moment.

Today:

Hospital day so rewards were had.

B- Greek yoghurt
L- McDonald’s (nuggets, burger and chips)
S- twirl, walkers baked crisps
D- Ham, cheese & coleslaw. Ice cream.

I’ve never tested it during work so hadn’t thought about it. Oops. Will try it out this weekend. How long do u wait to test after something like that? I test when I get up, before n 2 hours after evening meal but that’s all at moment.
To see if certain foods work or not just the same as your evening meal so before and 2 hours after, I would imagine that all the fruit without the addition of fat isn't a great way to be managing things though, most folk will have the addition of cheese or something with fat in it to slow the absorption of the carbs and sugar, yes although natural fruit can still have a big impact on levels, is there a reason you are eating mostly a fruit based diet? Also unless you like it to be less 3mmol isn't that big a difference and ideally its a 2-3mmol rise you are looking for, do you watch your carbohydrate intake? Sorry for bombarding you with questions!! 😳 xx

Brunch - breakfast out early at a coffee shop. 1 slice bacon, 1 sausage, 1 egg, tomato & beans. Slice of toast & tea

Nothing till dinner (except a few Smarties with a cup of coffee)

D - large pan fried salmon fillet topped with Cajun spices, broccoli, 6 oven chips, large crunchy salad & mayo

Cuppa tea & 2 toffees

My Yesterdays
B –
ala Ditto with flaxseed, papaya and soya milk
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L –
Factory lunch
Pork in soy and egg in soy, stire fried celery and cabbage, asparagus lettuce block fungus and pork with lotus root.
Vast improvement on the previous days.
Mid Afternoon -
Handfull of peanuts coated in something I know not what, maybe shouldn’t have had but I did.
D –
Interesting Dinner on an organic food restaurant at HongQiao Hub. They produce everything themselves in Songjiang part of Shanghai.
The soup is heated by induction heated boiling water at the table constantly replenished by a innovatiive pump system.
The target customer base is the middle class professional Chinese "yuppies".
Chicken soup with a full chicken head and feet included, mushrooms and corn
Rapeseed plants
Meatballs
Radish
Sliced Pig ears
A very spicy sauce
Sticky rice cakes with brown sugar of which I had 3
Tested when back home 2 hours later and the my level was 5.7
Happy with that .
Later I had at home
Strawberries and whipped cream
4 sq Cachet 85%
Drinks -
About 2.5 litres of coffee.
Water with Lemon approx. 0.5l
1l water
Zero Espressos
Zero Alpro Almond
Zero Moser Roth of any kind
End for today.

IMG_5146.jpg IMG_5143.jpg IMG_5142.jpg IMG_5147.jpg IMG_5139.jpg IMG_5148.jpg IMG_5144.jpg

Yesterday
Tea
B: Avocado & poached eggs on dark rye & sunflower toast, milky coffee
L: Maple glazed ham butty on dark rye & sunflower, 3 tiny melon slices & a mullerlight yogurt
T: Chinese takeaway (only a couple of tbsp of rice) & a few birthday drinkie-poos :D
Tea during the day.

Wednesday 22/3
FBG (5.30am) - Not measured
Breakfast 1 (07:30): Scrambled eggs, bacon, mushrooms, toast (one slice, seeded),
tomatoes, baked beans / Juice from one orange {366 Cal / 29.0g Carbs}
............................4 mile walk

Lunch (12pm): Kake udon {99 Cal / 17.8g Carbs}
Prawn & avocado salad, rye bread, hummus {265 Cal / 13.2g Carbs}
Peach, blackberries, yoghurt, walnuts, 100% chocolate {183 Cal / 9.7g Carbs}

Snack (3pm): Banana {53 Cal / 12.1g Carbs}

BG (6pm): 4.3
Dinner (6pm): Roast chicken, roast sweet potato, turnip, runner beans,
peas, sweetcorn {356 Cal / 25.9g Carbs}
Dessert: Pear, blueberries, yoghurt, pecans {131 Cal / 11.9g Carbs}
................................4 mile walk

Snack (10pm): Toast (one slice, seeded), milk {127 Cal / 13.6g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1639
Carbs 143.3g
Protein 107.5g
Fat 58.6g (Sat Fat 14.8g / Trans fat 0.6g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

B. My usual 2 slices of wholemeal toast and peanut butter and coffee.
L. Another Apple, Lactofree cheddar and some sparkling water
D. Was a bit naughty here , T finest burger, 8 oven chips , some baked beans and a Coke Zero
Water through the day
Libre said I needed a bedtime snack , so had 2 gingernuts.

Inflation. Last night we were doing the weekly shop (for ASDA delivery today.) We are very routine people. I make a menu every week. I do the line for ASDA. I finished the order, and then for a lark, went into our shopping history and chose the shop that was almost to the date one year old. Threw it into the trolly to cost it.

£60 a year ago now would cost £85 today!
I looked back at the list. Nothing was on it that we wouldn't order in an ordinary week.

I had no idea.

Poor, poor Sadhbh.
😱

Inflation. Last night we were doing the weekly shop (for ASDA delivery today.) We are very routine people. I make a menu every week. I do the line for ASDA. I finished the order, and then for a lark, went into our shopping history and chose the shop that was almost to the date one year old. Threw it into the trolly to cost it.

£60 a year ago now would cost £85 today!
I looked back at the list. Nothing was on it that we wouldn't order in an ordinary week.

I had no idea.

Poor, poor Sadhbh.
😱
Not only inflation @SadhbhFiadh but also exchange rate changes and the effect of Brexit dare I say. I cannot see it improving in the near future.
I noticed a significant increase in food costs when I came back to the UK in December for 1 month. 🙂 If you had tie to track the changes on a monthly basis you can see when it really started to impact consumer prices.

B: Scrambled egg on 1 slice toasted Burgen
L: Tuna & cucumber on a Lidl protein roll
D: Beef curry, rice & 1 lamb samosa
Pud: Sticky toffee pudding & cream.🙂

B: 50g Jordans Country Crisp, semi-skimmed milk.
L: 2 Kingsmill wholemeal thins, with ham, cheese and a small scraping of onion chutney, pepperami, 10 Cal Key Lime Pie flavour jelly, 30g M&S Maple and Bacon tortilla rolls
D: M&S Gastropub Chicken Kiev (only 11g carbs for the kiev, which is pretty good for a breadcrumbed food), carrot and swede crush, and cauliflower cheese. Tested for the kiev, and BG went up by 2.2, which is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back