What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To see if certain foods work or not just the same as your evening meal so before and 2 hours after, I would imagine that all the fruit without the addition of fat isn't a great way to be managing things though, most folk will have the addition of cheese or something with fat in it to slow the absorption of the carbs and sugar, yes although natural fruit can still have a big impact on levels, is there a reason you are eating mostly a fruit based diet? Also unless you like it to be less 3mmol isn't that big a difference and ideally its a 2-3mmol rise you are looking for, do you watch your carbohydrate intake? Sorry for bombarding you with questions!! 😳 xx
Thanks for replying. I take fruit to work because gluten free bread isn’t that nice, and warmed up food is okay but 25 mins isn’t long so either just take fruit n yoghurt or sometimes add a small pack of ham or chicken.
Most times my bloods after evening meal 2 hours later are usually less that 1.0 ml diff, sometimes higher. Always 7 something in the morning. Any form of rice puts bloods at least 3.0 ml higher so I’ve avoided them and am yet to try out the big guys like pasta yet.
Hadn’t really thought about the options sachet until you mentioned it, so am testing it out now. Thanks 🙂

Thanks for replying. I take fruit to work because gluten free bread isn’t that nice, and warmed up food is okay but 25 mins isn’t long so either just take fruit n yoghurt or sometimes add a small pack of ham or chicken.
Most times my bloods after evening meal 2 hours later are usually less that 1.0 ml diff, sometimes higher. Always 7 something in the morning. Any form of rice puts bloods at least 3.0 ml higher so I’ve avoided them and am yet to try out the big guys like pasta yet.
Hadn’t really thought about the options sachet until you mentioned it, so am testing it out now. Thanks 🙂
You could resort to cold cooked meats, cheeses, boiled eggs etc with some sort of dip, if that's an option for you, also I wouldn't completely banish things from your diet without trying to find a way they could work for you first, for instance add more fat, have a smaller portion of rice with more of the veg/protein whatever you have with it 🙂, sorry, I hope you don't mind me asking but are you newly diagnosed? xx

You could resort to cold cooked meats, cheeses, boiled eggs etc with some sort of dip, if that's an option for you, also I wouldn't completely banish things from your diet without trying to find a way they could work for you first, for instance add more fat, have a smaller portion of rice with more of the veg/protein whatever you have with it 🙂, sorry, I hope you don't mind me asking but are you newly diagnosed? xx
Hi no I don’t mind. Yep, found out end of January so am trying to follow guidance I’ve read here and lose weight and fit it in with coeliacs so am trying to cover all bases n seem to be failing lol
Yep, protein is fine and I’ve been eating rice in small portions. New potatoes are fine with a salad and small portion of mash with roast dinner also seems fine. I’m trying hard to absorb all the recommendations I’ve found here, and will try out the high fat now too. Thank.
So do I just eat as I have been but include a chunk of cheese or dollop of cream (this would work well for my coeliacs as I don’t have enough calcium in my diet even with the supplements I have to take. X

@Beck Mercer if what you are eating seems to be working for you then don't change it, everyone here is different as you can see by this thread, a chunk of cheese or a dollop of cream would do you absolutely no harm and sounds like you could do with it too, sorry I don't know much if anything about coeliacs so I'm sorry if anywhere I have suggested something that is not suitable for you! Just take one step at a time and eventually everything will come together and click into place, remember to keep with us bunch here though! haha 🙂 xx

Add to yesterdays
10pm - 3 vanilla thins 😱
Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal ham and garlic & herb Philadelphia and salted caramel protein bar
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - 2 minute steaks, roast sprouts and a large flat mushroom, charlotte potatoes, onion gravy and a square Lindt 90%
Currently - coffee 🙂 xx

@Beck Mercer if what you are eating seems to be working for you then don't change it, everyone here is different as you can see by this thread, a chunk of cheese or a dollop of cream would do you absolutely no harm and sounds like you could do with it too, sorry I don't know much if anything about coeliacs so I'm sorry if anywhere I have suggested something that is not suitable for you! Just take one step at a time and eventually everything will come together and click into place, remember to keep with us bunch here though! haha 🙂 xx
No, thank you, you’ve been really helpful and I am Mega grateful ☺️

No, thank you, you’ve been really helpful and I am Mega grateful ☺️
No problem at all! That's what we are here for 🙂 any more questions or anything just ask away whenever you need to! :D xx

No problem at all! That's what we are here for 🙂 any more questions or anything just ask away whenever you need to! :D xx
Hi, results are in and 2 hours after options n banana bg is down 1.0 ml. Go figure. Lol

Hi, results are in and 2 hours after options n banana bg is down 1.0 ml. Go figure. Lol
Wow what a result! haha, please do keep in mind though that it may have a different result when had at different times of the day such as you may have a bigger rise if you had it in the morning, this is due to the fact that MOST but not all are more insulin resistant in the morning, great result though! :D xx

I test the same foods three different times just to make sure. If I spike just once of those 3, I consider it an occasional food.

Today
Tea
B: Toasted Tesco Finest sunflower & pumpkin seed bread with avocado & poached eggs, milky coffee.
L: Baxters roast chicken & veg soup with two satay chicken skewers left over from last night's takeaway, 4 mini melon slices & a mullerlight yogurt
T: Salmon fishcake, skin on fries & peas. Several glasses of red vino :D
Tea during the day.

Friday 23/3
FBG (5.30am) - Not measured today
Breakfast (07:30): Porridge (made with almond milk), pear,
blackberries, walnuts {289 Cal / 36.7g Carbs}
............................4 mile walk

Lunch (12pm): Tomato & basil soup {84 Cal / 13.2g Carbs}
Chicken breast, sweet potato, carrots, turnip, green beans {245 Cal / 25.3g Carbs}
Peach, raspberries, yoghurt, almonds, 100% chocolate {186 Cal / 12.1g Carbs}

.............................4 mile walk
Dinner (6pm): KFC chicken , fries, corn on the cob {329 Cal / 25.4g Carbs}
On way to hospital visit, very limited choice so v small portion

Dessert (8pm): Strawberries, blueberries, vanilla ice cream {101 Cal / 12.0g Carbs}

Snack (10pm): Ryvita (2), cottage cheese {107 Cal / 15.2g Carbs}
Wine: Fitou (5oz) {125 Cal / 3.8g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1548
Carbs 152.0g
Protein 84.8g
Fat 43.9g (Sat Fat 12.1g / Trans fat 0.4g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

My Yesterdays
B –
ala Ditto with flaxseed and soya milk
Mid Morning –
Tin of Calvo Caribbean tuna salad. 6 cherry tomatoes.
L –
Factory lunch
Egg tofu dumplings, egg and tomato, grass, peanuts and chicken.
D –
Tuna with a little Lea and Perrins, my own egg mayo and smoked salmon and some Piccolo toms.
100% ground beef burger with blue cheese, 2 fried eggs and tinned toms.
Strawberries and whipped cream
4 sq Cachet 85%
Drinks -
About 2.5 litres of coffee.
Water with Lemon approx. 0.5l
1l water
Zero Espressos
Zero Alpro Almond
Zero Moser Roth of any kind

End for today.

B: Mackerel on 1 slice toasted Burgen
L: Hot & spicy jumbo sausage from Tesco hot counter
D: Mahoosive home made burger with salad in low carb muffin with a few oven chips.
Pud: 1 slice chocolate & peanut butter cake with squirty cream

Here are the burgers before I cooked them.

Attachments

• IMG_20180323_183057020.jpg
    IMG_20180323_183057020.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 7
B - 2 egg omelette (plain) , 2 plums
L - chicken salad with hummus and olives
D - homemade beef casserole with broccoli

2 squares MR chocolate (well it is Friday!!) 🙂

B. My usual 2 slices of wholemeal toast and peanut butter and coffee.
L didn’t eat.
D. Was very early as well as exceedingly naughty Cod roe and half the portion of chip shop chips, I ate all my chips and the batter on the roe, it was Devine, all washed down with an ice cold Coke Zero.
Water through the day.

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal ham and garlic & herb Philadelphia sandwich and salted caramel protein bar
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - 2 egg and 2 large flat mushroom omelette 😛, charlotte potatoes, fine green beans and 2 squares 90%
Just finished another coffee 🙂 xx

Saturday 24/3
FBG (5.30am) - 4.2
Breakfast 1 (07:30): Scrambled eggs, bacon, avocado, toast (one slice, seeded),
tomatoes / Juice from one orange {406 Cal / 21.7g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Salmon & prawn fish cake [frozen leftovers]
fries, peas, sweetcorn {486 Cal / 49.0g Carbs}
Peach, blueberries, yoghurt, almonds {121 Cal / 11.2g Carbs}

Snack (4pm): Banana {66 Cal / 15.0g Carbs}
..........................................7 mile walk
BG (6pm): 3.5 [forgot to eat!, ravenous]

Dinner (6pm): Curry goat, Jamaican rice & peas, mango salsa {473 Cal / 37.9g Carbs}
Wine: Gewurztraminer (5oz) {119 Cal / 3.0g Carbs}
Dessert: Strawberries, blackberries, vanilla ice cream, pistachio macaron {157 Cal / 19.4g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Ryvita, cottage cheese, tangerine {110 Cal / 18.9g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 2050
Carbs 188.0g
Protein 127.1g
Fat 64.7g (Sat Fat 20.8g / Trans fat 0.5g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

My Yesterdays

B –
Nowt just 3 x ½ litre mugs of black coffee.
Mid Morning –
5 small steamed pork and egg tofu dumplings with a little soy sauce
L –
2 low carb muffins with sardines in tomato sauce, some blue cheese and olive pate. I rather like these muffins, so easy to make and quite filling.
Mid afternoon –
5 sq Carrefour Selection 90%. 8 gr/carbs Was meant again to be 4 but….. The bars are brittle and don’t snap in the correct place. Decided to have the res of the bar later.
D –
Stir fried eggplant and green beans
Stir fried water lettuce and garlic
Stone pot brisket with peppers and onion- lovely
And of course-Mapo tofu
Drinks -
About 2.5 litres of coffee.
Water with Lemon approx. 1.0l
1l water
Zero Espressos
Zero Alpro Almond
Zero Moser Roth of any kind

End for today.

IMG_5154.jpgIMG_5155.jpgIMG_5157.jpgIMG_5156.jpg

Today:

B- Eggy Bread (might be a new obsession)
L- chicken red pepper and onion skewer, handful of fries and a flatbread with citrus mayo.
S- half a slice of cake from patisserie Valerie
D- leftover pizza and bits. Chocolate aero mousse & squirty cream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back