What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B - poached egg on 1 slice wholemeal toast, tea & 2 chocolate fingers

L - bacon bun & latte

D - Home made marinated chicken thighs done with garlic, olive oil, onion salt, chicken seasoning, herbs and Worcestershire sauce, done on stove top grill till soft in middle and crispy on outside. Served with broccoli, small baked potato, knob of butter and sweet corn. Chive dip.

Snacks - drinks and 2 Riesen dark chocolate sweets. Small banana.

Get well soon @Martin Canty

My Yesterdays
B –
Okra water, “ala” Ditto with strawberries and flaxseed Almond milk.
Mid Morning –
Tin Calvo Mediterranean of tuna salad, having breakfast earlier before travelling to the office I am hungry by mid morning.
L –
Factory Lunch-
Grass (yes it was a type of grass), Green vegetables (I asked the name and was told it is Green Vegetables lol), and bamboo root, Fish (no comment), meatballs and bean curd strips in chilli sauce.
Mid Afternoon -
Nowt
D –
Striploin steak (I bought a lot), 2 low carb muffins, 2 fried eggs, 2tbs beans and ½ a steamed onion
Strawberries and cream, I tried whipping the cream but nowt happened
6 sq’s Heidi 85%.
5.3 pre, 6.2 post
Mid Evening-
Blue cheese and toms
Drinks -
About 3.0 litres of coffee.
Water with Lemon approx. 0.5l
1x 500ml bottle Sprite zero everything.
Zero Espressos
Zero Alpro Almond
Zero Moser Roth of any kind

End for today.

Oh that sounds lovely, will have to take a look tomorrow! 🙂 xx
I simplified the recipe Kaylz by using lazy ginger, lazy red chilli & dried coriander and of course you can use as much or as little of these as you like. We all think it's delicious.

Thanks @scousebird will get a look at that soon! 🙂 x

B: Porridge with berries, nuts & seeds
L: Beef & onion thin
D: Belizean chicken stew, brussels, kale & green beans

Breakfast today. Half a wholemeal muffin topped with a poached egg, spinach and warm tomato and a tomato juice (every morning)

Lunch (Main meal) 2 Aberdeen Angus sausages (baked in oven) with baked beans and a two spoonfulls of mash.

Tea will be an avocado with lemon juice and Uncle Ben''s quinoa

B -
L -
D - probably less than a cup if spag bol with Edamame Noodles, memo to self, if you don't have much of an appetite then it's a bad idea to overcook the noodles

Hi I am new to this thread, I was only diagnosed as type 2 on Tuesday this week.
I am still getting used to it and everything is trial and error at the moment.
When I first found out my BS was 28 !!! this morning it had come right down to 12 !!!
I am going to add what I have been eating and if I eat something "bad" then please tell me as I am not really sure.

Breakfast today:
Greek natural yogurt and 1 small banana

Lunch today:
Ham salad sandwich on wholemeal with a little salad cream
packet of sensations poppadoms
mullerlight

Tea today:
I am going to have a bacon and mushroom omelette using 3 eggs with a side salad

What do people snack on if you get a bit peckish is it only fruit? can you have a cracker with a bit of cheese/cheese spread?
I am unsure so thought I would ask here hope you dot mind

Thanks
Sam

Breakfast today:
Greek natural yogurt and 1 small banana

Lunch today:
Ham salad sandwich on wholemeal with a little salad cream
packet of sensations poppadoms
mullerlight

Tea today:
I am going to have a bacon and mushroom omelette using 3 eggs with a side salad

Hi Sam, it took a while to get to where I'm at (though I didn't have this forum for support in my first year)

B - We tend to be our most insulin resistant first thing so perhaps rethink the banana, if you want fruit then berries may be a better option
L - Though I love bread I do try & avoid it, even wholewheat is highly refined, there are high protein breads available which some of our members swear by but living in the States I canot get what you guys have to offer in this area. Sensations Poppadoms sounds like a car/refined carb nightmare😱
D - Can I come to dinner? Sounds perfect

As for feeling a little peckish, often that's your body calling out for water rather than food, try drinking a pint of water & see if that help

Really, the only way to fine tune your diet is to test

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal Bavarian ham and philly sandwich and a peanut & chocolate protein bar
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - smoked basa fillet, charlotte potatoes, fine green beans, 5 roast mushrooms and 2 squares Lindt 90% (probably not to everyone's taste but I blooming well enjoyed it! lol, pic attached, also attached is a pic of my granddads potato just because its cute and heart shaped lol20180315_163633.jpg 20180315_163050.jpg )
Currently - coffee xx

Can I just ask about alcohol.
I am going to a hotel this weekend to celebrate my 3oth anniversary which was postponed from last weekend due to being so poorly.
Am I able to have a couple of glasses of wine/champagne? how does this effect blood sugars?
Sorry for questions
Sam

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal Bavarian ham and philly sandwich and a peanut & chocolate protein bar
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - smoked basa fillet, charlotte potatoes, fine green beans, 5 roast mushrooms and 2 squares Lindt 90% (probably not to everyone's taste but I blooming well enjoyed it! lol, pic attached, also attached is a pic of my granddads potato just because its cute and heart shaped lolView attachment 7246 View attachment 7247 )
Currently - coffee xx
That dinner looks divine and something I would eat.

Hi Sam, it took a while to get to where I'm at (though I didn't have this forum for support in my first year)

B - We tend to be our most insulin resistant first thing so perhaps rethink the banana, if you want fruit then berries may be a better option
L - Though I love bread I do try & avoid it, even wholewheat is highly refined, there are high protein breads available which some of our members swear by but living in the States I canot get what you guys have to offer in this area. Sensations Poppadoms sounds like a car/refined carb nightmare😱
D - Can I come to dinner? Sounds perfect

As for feeling a little peckish, often that's your body calling out for water rather than food, try drinking a pint of water & see if that help

Really, the only way to fine tune your diet is to test
Thanks for your advice,
I have bought strawberries, rasberries and blueberries to have with natural yogurt in the morning, see I am learning

Am I able to have a couple of glasses of wine/champagne?
Wine shouldn't be a problem but the champagne will have sugar, alcohol tends to lower blood sugar later
That dinner looks divine and something I would eat.
Thanks, I'm the only one in the house that eats like that, the rest of the gang had a pastry lattice bar xx

Thanks for your advice,
I have bought strawberries, rasberries and blueberries to have with natural yogurt in the morning, see I am learning
I'd be wary of how many blueberries as they are slightly on the higher side of carbs and sugars, the lower ones are as you've bought strawberries and raspberries and also blackberries, have you a meter to check what effect what you are eating has on you? xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back