What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just ask about alcohol.
I am going to a hotel this weekend to celebrate my 3oth anniversary which was postponed from last weekend due to being so poorly.
Am I able to have a couple of glasses of wine/champagne? how does this effect blood sugars?
Sorry for questions
Wine is fine in moderation, I try to limit myself to 1-2 bottles... Ehem.... Glasses. Red wine is better but as a rule of thumb, the dryer the wine the less carbs. e.g
  • Pinot Grigio: 122 calories, 3.2 carbs.
  • Riesling: 118 calories, 5.5 carbs
  • Champagne (although low in alcohol content, so you'd need to drink more): 96 calories, 1.5 carbs.
BTW, it's fun to answer questions, particularly from someone willing to learn

B. 2 slices wholemeal buttered toast and a large coffee.
L. A cheese and onion sarnie and a Coke Zero.
D. not hungry had some sparkling water .
Water through the day.

Wine is fine in moderation, I try to limit myself to 1-2 bottles... Ehem.... Glasses. Red wine is better but as a rule of thumb, the dryer the wine the less carbs. e.g
  • Pinot Grigio: 122 calories, 3.2 carbs.
  • Riesling: 118 calories, 5.5 carbs
  • Champagne (although low in alcohol content, so you'd need to drink more): 96 calories, 1.5 carbs.
BTW, it's fun to answer questions, particularly from someone willing to learn
Thankyou for that information Martin that is a big help. I am not a drinker at all but seeing as it is a special occasion I thought I might partake in a glass or 2.
I only drink white wine and pinot Gricio is my tipple I don't like red x

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal Bavarian ham and philly sandwich and a peanut & chocolate protein bar
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - smoked basa fillet, charlotte potatoes, fine green beans, 5 roast mushrooms and 2 squares Lindt 90% (probably not to everyone's taste but I blooming well enjoyed it! lol, pic attached, also attached is a pic of my granddads potato just because its cute and heart shaped lolView attachment 7246 View attachment 7247 )
Currently - coffee xx

Liking those cosy looking furry bootee slippers Kaylz 😛

B - porridge & half a banana chopped into it, tea

Mid morning - coffee & slice of toast

L - 2 small granary buns with turkey & coleslaw in them, coffee

D - chunks of braising steak in nice onion gravy, spring greens, carrots, garden peas, tablespoon mash & Yorkshire pud.

Liking those cosy looking furry bootee slippers Kaylz 😛
I only got them last week, not bad at all for a fiver! LOL x

Today:

@samanthag46 just FYI I’m 9 months pregnant and what I’m eating is not what I would recommend (apart from maybe breakfast which I sometimes have with raspberries or blueberries). I’m just using this thread to keep some kind of eye of how much I’m eating (I’m also type 1 so injecting to cover everything I eat). Although my dinner would probably work well tonight as low in carb and the cheese would slow down digestion too so decreasing any spike further.

B- Greek yoghurt (100g)
L- chicken and mushroom slice, Cadbury’s chocolate pot
S- belvita bar
Hypo hunger moment - blueberries & raspberries, chocolate ice cream & packet of French fries crisps (ops - hypo hunger has a lot to answer for!)
D- baked Camembert, cucumber, carrots, celery, small piece wholemeal baguette, ricotta stuffed cherry peppers and a few olives.

Can people just advise if I can eat the following please as I'm not too sure
peanut butter (maybe on granary toast)
mullerlight yogurt
cheese spread/cheese on a Jacobs cracker (multigrain) if so how many crackers?
what cereal bars do people recommend just incase I get hungry out and about that I can keep in my handbag?
does anyone have a snack before bed if so what can you recommend?
sorry for all the questions
sam x

@samanthag46 yes peanut butter is ok but preferably a natural one without added sugar, you'd have to test the toast so test before eating and then 2 hours after, ideally with no more than a 2-3mmol rise
Plain greek yoghurt is better as muller light has no fat to slow the absorption you can however try to slow it by eating it after a meal with a decent fat content, but again the only way to know if you can handle certain things is to test before and 2 hours later
cheese/cheese spread should be fine, nobody can say yes/no about crackers apart from you by testing
A lot of us on here eat the Nature Valley Protein bars as at less than 10g carbs per 40g bar they are great, available in 3 flavours - peanut & chocolate, salted caramel and almond & coconut x

@samanthag46 yes peanut butter is ok but preferably a natural one without added sugar, you'd have to test the toast so test before eating and then 2 hours after, ideally with no more than a 2-3mmol rise
Plain greek yoghurt is better as muller light has no fat to slow the absorption you can however try to slow it by eating it after a meal with a decent fat content, but again the only way to know if you can handle certain things is to test before and 2 hours later
cheese/cheese spread should be fine, nobody can say yes/no about crackers apart from you by testing
A lot of us on here eat the Nature Valley Protein bars as at less than 10g carbs per 40g bar they are great, available in 3 flavours - peanut & chocolate, salted caramel and almond & coconut x
Thanks so much for that it is very helpful

Thanks so much for that it is very helpful
No problem, as I say there is no 'one size fits all' in diabetes, where one person can handle something such as porridge the next person may find it sends their blood sugars through the roof, that's why testing before and 2 hours after is key to finding what or how much of something your body can tolerate xx

My Yesterdays

B –
Okra water, “ala” Ditto with strawberries and flaxseed Soya milk.
Mid Morning –
Tin Calvo Caribbean tuna salad.
L –
Factory Lunch-
Pork in Soy (I had 3 portions for some bizarre reason many Chinese think eating fat makes them fat and who am I to argue), Leeks and pork, tofu and green beans, and yes, grass again.
Mid Afternoon -
Nowt
D –
Tuna, smoked salmon, avocado egg mayo.
Rump steak, ½ steamed onion, 2tbs beans, 2 fried eggs.
Strawberries and cream.
4sq Heidi 85%
Mid Evening-
Nowt
Drinks -
About .2.0 litres of coffee.
Water with Lemon approx. 0.5l
Zero Espressos
Zero Alpro Almond
Zero Moser Roth of any kind

End for today.

IMG_5072.jpg

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal Bavarian ham and philly sandwich and a peanut & chocolate protein bar
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - smoked basa fillet, charlotte potatoes, fine green beans, 5 roast mushrooms and 2 squares Lindt 90% (probably not to everyone's taste but I blooming well enjoyed it! lol, pic attached, also attached is a pic of my granddads potato just because its cute and heart shaped lolView attachment 7246 View attachment 7247 )
Currently - coffee xx
Love the Heart shaped tatty :D

Thursday 15/3
FBG (5.30am) - Not measured
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (made with almond milk), nectarine,
raspberries, pecans {303 Cal / 35.6g Carbs}
...............................2 mile walk
...............................5 km on rowing machine
Breakfast 2 (8.30am): Mackerel, tomatoes, toast (one slice, seeded) /
Tangerine {274 Cal / 21.0g Carbs}

Snack (11am): Kake udon {84 Cal / 5.9g}
...............................5 km row

Lunch (12pm): Boeuf Bourguignon [leftovers], peas, sweetcorn {253 Cal / 15.3g Carbs}
Pear, blackberries, yoghurt, hazelnuts, 100% chocolate {199 Cal / 13.4g Carbs}

Snack (4pm): Toasted walnut bread, cottage cheese {115 Cal / 12.4g Carbs}
.................................3 mile walk

BG (6pm) 4.5
Wine: Zinfandel (5oz) {125 Cal / 3.8g Carbs)
Dinner (6.30pm):Thai green chicken & cashew curry, jasmine rice {455 Cal / 32.6g Carbs}
Dessert: Kiwi, raspberries, yoghurt, biscotti {119 Cal / 15.1g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 2009
Carbs 164.3g
Protein 135.2g
Fat 65.0g (Sat Fat 17.9g / Trans fat 0.6g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

B: Bacon & eggs with 1 slice toasted Burgen
L: Beef & onion wholemeal thin
D: Whole rack of ribs, salad & potato wedges.😱
Pud: Rhubarb crumble & cream.😱

Attachments

• IMG_20180315_193833458.jpg
    IMG_20180315_193833458.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 6
This is Jack Fruit which is now available here. My "likkle grey cells" seem to recall a conversation here last year about it. Cannot remember the outcome if it was acceptable or not.
IMG_5078.jpg

@Vince_UK from what I can find on the net its above 20g carbs per 100g but as you know by now none of us can say yay or nae only the meter can! lol xx

@Vince_UK from what I can find on the net its above 20g carbs per 100g but as you know by now none of us can say yay or nae only the meter can! lol xx
Ruddy meters lol 🙄

Can I just ask when looking at the carb content on food/packet what is the maximum the carb content you should have in say 100g or packet as I have no idea
Thanks Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back