What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today:

B- Greek yoghurt with frozen raspberries
L- ham cheese and mustard sandwich, mini pork pie. Go ahead apple bar things, a small bar of dark chocolate, skips.

In my defence I’ve had a bloody awful day.

D- will be: minted lamb kebabs (sainsburys) with cous cous and rocket salad.
In all likely hope this will be followed up with chocolate and doughnuts.

I’m stressed out. My sons not well (he’ll be fine just a tummy bug but I need to keep him off nursery for next 48hrs), and my Mum fell down a flight of stairs today after being to the dentist and has spent all day in hospital. She’s on her way to my brothers now but isn’t allowed to be on her own for next 48hours so as of 8.30am tomorrow morning I need to look after her and my 3 year old. Obviously this isn’t a problem but being v pregnant I’m shattered as well so it’s all a bit overwhelming. I eat when I’m stressed!!

A new gastronomic experience this evening. Slow roasted tamarind pork with butternut squash 'chips', broccoli and freshly dug carrot. Was amazing!!
We first tasted tamarind pork when staying with Mrs W's niece in the Caribbean and got the recipe from her. It includes honey but Mrs W used a no-sugar sweetner and it worked just fine.

Today:

L- ham cheese and mustard sandwich, mini pork pie. Go ahead apple bar things, a small bar of dark chocolate, skips.

I’m stressed out. My sons not well (he’ll be fine just a tummy bug but I need to keep him off nursery for next 48hrs), and my Mum fell down a flight of stairs today after being to the dentist and has spent all day in hospital. She’s on her way to my brothers now but isn’t allowed to be on her own for next 48hours so as of 8.30am tomorrow morning I need to look after her and my 3 year old. Obviously this isn’t a problem but being v pregnant I’m shattered as well so it’s all a bit overwhelming. I eat when I’m stressed!!

That does sound stressful, I hope both Mum & son are ok

Today:

A rough day grainger. Take care of yourself and hope your mum is ok.

Today
Tea
B: Greek yogurt, smoked mackeral
L: Egg & bacon butty on farmhouse wholemeal, berries & mullerlight yogurt (felt really sick about 15 minutes after eating this and for about an hour after)
S: Small banana
T: Change of plan after OH had root canal to drain a huge abscess (took nearly an hour to drain it!) so steak out and fish pie & broccoli in (after a quick trip to the co-op at lunchtime).
Tea & coffee during the day.

Faff lovely word
Yes it is just a gimmick

We have a village close to us called Faugh, pronounced Faff, it always makes me laugh! I always say ,“faffing about”, can be used about almost anything! :D

Today:

Good luck, hope it all works out okay.

My Yesterdays

B –
Okra water
Tuna with Avocado and a little mayo
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L –
Had a quick lunch with a Hong Kong associate in Hong Qiao CBD
Cabbage and mushrooms, egg and tomato, Mapo Tofu extremely spicy took my voice away for a few moments.
Coincidentally he told me his Father in HK is T1 who has just paid an enormous sum to have a kidney transplant. Well nto 6 figures in HK$. It is rather amazing the number of people I meet who are either close to or have relatives with daibetes.
Mid Afternoon –
Coffee, Coffee, Coffee
D –
Rump steak with blue cheese and Dijon, 2 fried eggs and 2tb BB
Strawberries and cream. Again.
2 sq 85% Heidi
Mid Evening-
Chunk of flax bread and cream cheese.
Drinks -
About 2.0 litres of coffee.
Water with Lemon approx.0.5 litre.

Zero Espressos
Zero Alpro Almond
Zero Moser Roth of any kind AGAIN still in transit.

End for today.

Monday 19/2
FBG Not measured today
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (made with almond milk), plums,
blueberries, walnuts, mixed seeds {295 Cal / 38.1g Carbs}
...............................2 mile walk
...............................5 km on rowing machine
Breakfast 2 (8am): Toast (one slice, seeded), hummus, mushrooms, ham,
tomatoes / Juice from one orange { Cal 210/ 22.0g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Vegetable broth {96 Cal / 11.0g Carbs}
Chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, hummus, avocado {269 Cal / 6.5g Carbs}
Peach, raspberries, yoghurt, almonds {114 Cal / 10.6g Carbs}

.................................3 mile walk
.................................5 km row
Snack (4pm): Toasted walnut bread, banana {157 Cal / 24.9g Carbs}.

BG (6pm) 4.3 [lower than expected, but sometimes eating after exercise
often has little or no effect on BG]

Dinner (6.30pm): Roast lamb, roast potatoes & parsnips,
red cabbage, carrots, green beans {366 Cal / 30.9g Carbs}
Dessert: Chocolate cake [warm from the oven], raspberries,
raspberry ice cream {191 Cal / 21.4g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1763
Carbs 173.1g
Protein 92.3g
Fat 66.8g (Sat Fat 18.3g / Trans fat 1.0g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

Today:

Take care grainger.

A new gastronomic experience this evening. Slow roasted tamarind pork with butternut squash 'chips', broccoli and freshly dug carrot. Was amazing!!
We first tasted tamarind pork when staying with Mrs W's niece in the Caribbean and got the recipe from her. It includes honey but Mrs W used a no-sugar sweetner and it worked just fine.
Tamarind pork sounds absolutely delicious Dave. Thanks for sharing. I'd love a copy of the recipe🙂

Tamarind pork sounds absolutely delicious Dave. Thanks for sharing. I'd love a copy of the recipe🙂

This is the recipe from Lucy’s niece – it is for a restaurant. Lucy reduced quantities to about a quarter and it served three of us.

1 cup each of honey, soy sauce, lime juice, orange juice, mixed with a half cup of tamarind concentrate. Marinate pork loin for 24 hrs. Roast or slow cook.

Lucy slow cooked but thinks next time she’ll roast as she thinks it will be nearer the Caribbean taste, though I found it absolute delicious as it was. She also replaced the honey with a no-sugar sweetener due to my diabetes, but I reckon a wee bit (tsp) of honey might be ok for me and would add even more to the taste.

B: Mackerel in tomato sauce on a low carb muffin
L: tuna, cottage cheese & cucumber in a Burgen thin
D: Chicken & Chorizo ratatouiile
Pud: 4 squares 85% choc

Hope today goes ok for you Grainger 🙂

Sunday...
B: 50g Jordans Country Crisp, semi-skimmed milk
L: Hovis WG Cheese and onion sandwich, packet of onion rings
D: Roast chicken breast with small portion of stuffing and one small chipolata. 2 small carrots, 65g peas, approx 65g of sliced runner beans. 2 Yorkshire Puddings, and some Bisto.

Monday
B: Greggs Bacon Roll
L: Hovis WG Laughing Cow and salad cream sandwich, packet of Scampi Flavoured Fries, Marmite cheese.
D: Ikea meatballs, 100g vegetable chips, 65g Peas/65g Sweetcorn. 2 Lindor for dessert.

Vince found this today in Carrefour :D
Ruddy Expensve. Bought 3 bars of the Carrefour own brand 16g/carbs per 100 the bar weight 80g
Lindt 8 gr/carbs pers 100 and the bar weight is 50g so that bar is only 4g/carbs BUT nearly £5 per bar.Little bit OTT even for me.

IMG_4875.jpg IMG_4877.jpg IMG_4878.jpg IMG_4876.jpg IMG_4879.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back