what did you eat today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All..

Well Nathan has had today...

Breakfast: Shreadded wheat, with banana and strawberries

Dinner: Chicken and Mango granary sandwhich, with salad and a curly wurly

Tea: BBQ Chicken, Small new Tatties with sun dried tomato, veg and youghurt

Also no hypo's today...fingers crossed...since Friday..due to the amount of hypo's he's been having I've reduced his Lantus by 10units and 2units off each N/R....

Heidi
🙂

Hi All..

Well Nathan has had today...

Breakfast: Shreadded wheat, with banana and strawberries

Dinner: Chicken and Mango granary sandwhich, with salad and a curly wurly

Tea: BBQ Chicken, Small new Tatties with sun dried tomato, veg and youghurt

Also no hypo's today...fingers crossed...since Friday..due to the amount of hypo's he's been having I've reduced his Lantus by 10units and 2units off each N/R....

Heidi
🙂

perfect to me that food wise and how nathan has been

mmmm tea sounds especially yummy

perfect to me that food wise and how nathan has been

mmmm tea sounds especially yummy

Thanks steff,

Think his fav though was the curly wurly.....:D

Heidi
🙂

Breakfast - weetos
lunch - sausage beans hash browns and toast
dinner - braised steak in tomato with peppers and soy beans and boiled pots

I must say i have been inspired by some of the food on here - we have tried a few different things this week so thankyou everyone! Keep posting its great!
I have also spotted a couple who have had naughty days too! lol.:DBev

breakfast= was granary toast with flora
snack= about 11 was a banana and 1 square of dairy milk
lunch= was cucumber and ham in 2 brown rolls
snack =at 4 was a packet of wotsits
tea= was chicken in white wine sauce and new pots and carrotts
no pudding tonight lol

Breakfast - weetos
lunch - sausage beans hash browns and toast
dinner - braised steak in tomato with peppers and soy beans and boiled pots

I must say i have been inspired by some of the food on here - we have tried a few different things this week so thankyou everyone! Keep posting its great!
I have also spotted a couple who have had naughty days too! lol.:DBev

haha I love that me and alex both have weetos for breakfast :D Well I usually have weetabix but ive run out.

Bev I think you should post what you eat too, it's only fair 😉

Today has been crazy food wise because of my crazy sleep patterns so today:

Breakfast: busy sleeping
Lunch: eerrmm sleeping. I had some pistacios, too many!
Dinner: 2 slices of pizza and salad & orange juce lolly for pudding.

Today I have had:

Breakfast: weetabix and OJ
Lunch: Beans on toast with grated cheese, strawberry muller rice, clementine
Tea: Sausage casserole, mashed potatoes, peas and carrots, ice cream and apricots, 7 pieces galaxy chocolate. Plus, I have eaten a packet (100g) of dry roasted peanuts through the day, two hobnobs and two jelly babies.

I didn't have the best day today...

Breakfast - Muesli
Lunch - Mackeral (yuck! But trying to eat more oily fish. I needed to be reminded why at lunchtime...) with french beans, butter beans, fresh peas and (only 2...) boiled new potatoes. And a jelly for pudding (to get rid of the mackeral taste!)
Dinner - Noodles, 2 satsumas and some pisatchio nuts. Not so good...

Today I have had:

Breakfast: weetabix and OJ
Lunch: Beans on toast with grated cheese, strawberry muller rice, clementine
Tea: Sausage casserole, mashed potatoes, peas and carrots, ice cream and apricots, 7 pieces galaxy chocolate. Plus, I have eaten a packet (100g) of dry roasted peanuts through the day, two hobnobs and two jelly babies.

Mmmm... Sausage casserole, my very favourite meal in the world! 🙂

I didn't have the best day today...

Breakfast - Muesli
Lunch - Mackeral (yuck! But trying to eat more oily fish. I needed to be reminded why at lunchtime...) with french beans, butter beans, fresh peas and (only 2...) boiled new potatoes. And a jelly for pudding (to get rid of the mackeral taste!)
Dinner - Noodles, 2 satsumas and some pisatchio nuts. Not so good...

eeew mackeral, cant you just have some cod or something a little less fishy?? :D

I see someone else has been on the pistachios, ive eaten loads today oops!

Breakfast.......Porridge with Soya milk, mixed with Blueberry's and two Strawberry's.

Lunch.......Crispbreads spread with low fat cheese/chive spread.

Dinner.......Chicken breast diced, done in wok with stir fry vegetables and two slices of granary bread spread with Bertolli light.

eeew mackeral, cant you just have some cod or something a little less fishy?? :D

I see someone else has been on the pistachios, ive eaten loads today oops!

The problem is, all the 'oily' fish, which are the ones that are good for you are all really fishy. 😱 And seeing as I don't like fish it's proving to be a bit of a problem!!

But... If anyone has any bright ideas of how to cook oily fish (preferably to disguise the taste!) then I'd be very interested...

oh right hehe, i never eat the oily fish then, i just have tuna and cod. also some seafood but not often.

my ex put spice on EVERYTHING including things like mackeral, maybe you could try seasoning it loads like that. or fish curry so that you cant taste it much?

The problem is, all the 'oily' fish, which are the ones that are good for you are all really fishy. 😱 And seeing as I don't like fish it's proving to be a bit of a problem!!

But... If anyone has any bright ideas of how to cook oily fish (preferably to disguise the taste!) then I'd be very interested...

I have Mackerel like this :-

Cook fish, smoked is best. Flake it. Cook off some Brown Basmatti rice. Put Rice in wok, add what you want....for me it is spring onions, sweet corn, peas, mushrooms, peppers........then add fish....season as you wish.

Lovely. You find it a bit dry, so a sauce of your choice, I don't bother.

oh right hehe, i never eat the oily fish then, i just have tuna and cod. also some seafood but not often.

my ex put spice on EVERYTHING including things like mackeral, maybe you could try seasoning it loads like that. or fish curry so that you cant taste it much?

Tuna's an oily fish. But only fresh. For some reason tinned tuna isn't counted as an oily fish :confused: And yes - seasoning is a good idea, I too am a spice fiend so putting spices on it would be a good call!

I have Mackerel like this :-

Cook fish, smoked is best. Flake it. Cook off some Brown Basmatti rice. Put Rice in wok, add what you want....for me it is spring onions, sweet corn, peas, mushrooms, peppers........then add fish....season as you wish.

Lovely. You find it a bit dry, so a sauce of your choice, I don't bother.

Thanks 🙂 That sounds like a goos way to disguise the fishiness! I much prefer drier food anyway, especially fish, I can't stand it when it's all soggy and juicy! I will give that a go...

Munjeeta, try steaming your fish it does taste less fishy - then add spring onions and lemon as it cuts through the grease!

Katie, i am just trying the weetos as someone told me that it gives less of a breakfast spike. Normally he has kellogs special k!

I could give you my menu for the day - but i dont eat breakfast and lunch is just something like banana sandwich or peanut butter sandwich! Boring.

Dinner is normally the same as Alex is eating! I must admit my appetite has dwindled a little since Alex was diagnosed - mostly because i feel anxious all the time! That is why i am enjoying this thread - it is re-igniting my taste buds!:DBev

p.s. salmon is an oily fish too!

Last edited:
Munjeeta, try steaming your fish it does taste less fishy - then add spring onions and lemon as it cuts through the grease!

Katie, i am just trying the weetos as someone told me that it gives less of a breakfast spike. Normally he has kellogs special k!

I could give you my menu for the day - but i dont eat breakfast and lunch is just something like banana sandwich or peanut butter sandwich! Boring.

Dinner is normally the same as Alex is eating! I must admit my appetite has dwindled a little since Alex was diagnosed - mostly because i feel anxious all the time! That is why i am enjoying this thread - it is re-igniting my taste buds!:DBev

p.s. salmon is an oily fish too!

sorry to tell you bev, but it gives me a spike! hopefully for alex it will be different. All cereal gives me a spike i think.

Bev... banana or peanut butter sandwich? thought about getting married to Northerner?? and TUT, you should always eat breakfast. I hope you stop feeling so anxious bev, your health is as important as Alex's you know, so you must eat properly 🙂

Jeeta, he was an indian boy, I made him scrabbled egg for breakfast once and he insisted on putting spice in that too :( haha. Oops I only like tinned tuna. I occasionally eat salmon but not much. My mum buys smoked mackeral sometimes and i dont think it tastes too fishy, because it mostly tastes of the smokeyness! so sticking that in a salad might be an idea.

I got up early today, Fathers Day, mmmm I thought breakfast in bed.
I waited for my kids to knock on the bedroom door and walk in with a bacon sarnie with a cuppa...

I waited....

Waited....

bugger the lot, they just stayed in thier pits, lazy teens.

b/fast - I MADE MY OWN- bacon sarnie
lunch - I MADE MY OWN - omelette
tea - I MADE MY OWN - chicken and veg

6pm I got my cards and a mumble of something that anyone over 20 would not understand. (teen language)

HAPPY FATHERS DAY - I SAID ON MY OWN :(

The only oily fish I have regularly is sardines or pilchards, usually on toast! The tomato sauce disguises the fishy taste and you don't have to worry about bones - plus, they're very cheap!🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back