Type 1 and another autoimmune condattioms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how horrible it can be when your stomach is in constant agony. Can I ask when your problems started, before or after diagnosis, had your diet changed dramatically x
I think I'm going to go back to trying the low fodmap debit in the next few days though to see if that helps

I wouldn’t be keen on taking drugs that have been prescribed through guess work either. When I first started on insulin I ended up in so much agony with my digestion, a gastroenterologist said they are related but the endo said no it’s not. Unlike you I’m not definitely type 1 tho. Sure enough every time I use insulin I get the same thing, I’ve been using it in and off for the last year which obviously you can’t do and isn’t advisable. My DN did say that not all insulin’s agree with everybody, maybe that’s something you could look into? Just with you saying your diet is the same but it started after diagnosis. Or maybe you have felt particularly stress/anxious since your diagnosis? This can cause havoc with digestion especially if your anxious with the actual act of eating. Do you have many lows ? This can also trigger stomach acid over production I believe. Just chucking some thoughts out there. I’m having microbiome testing done at the minute, this can help see if your stomach bacteria is out of whack as that can be corrected

I wouldn’t be keen on taking drugs that have been prescribed through guess work either. When I first started on insulin I ended up in so much agony with my digestion, a gastroenterologist said they are related but the endo said no it’s not. Unlike you I’m not definitely type 1 tho. Sure enough every time I use insulin I get the same thing, I’ve been using it in and off for the last year which obviously you can’t do and isn’t advisable. My DN did say that not all insulin’s agree with everybody, maybe that’s something you could look into? Just with you saying your diet is the same but it started after diagnosis. Or maybe you have felt particularly stress/anxious since your diagnosis? This can cause havoc with digestion especially if your anxious with the actual act of eating. Do you have many lows ? This can also trigger stomach acid over production I believe. Just chucking some thoughts out there. I’m having microbiome testing done at the minute, this can help see if your stomach bacteria is out of whack as that can be corrected
Oh gosh being intorrant to the thing that's
been keeping me alive that would be
something although I was diagnosed back in. It's not gastritis that's what they said it was originally but when asked them to a do a test to confirm it came back negative (a doctor still thinks I should accept it though)
September. In terms of lows I been getting a few this week but before that it was 1 or 2 a week which I thought was okay. and I went for weeks with hardy having any as since h

Oh gosh being intorrant to the thing that's
been keeping me alive that would be
something although I was diagnosed back in. It's not gastritis that's what they said it was originally but when asked them to a do a test to confirm it came back negative (a doctor still thinks I should accept it though)
September. In terms of lows I been getting a few this week but before that it was 1 or 2 a week which I thought was okay. and I went for weeks with hardy having any as since h
Don’t worry it’s not common to have problems with insulin. Sometimes you just want to say to the doctor… look walk a day in my shoes then you would understand, but you know when they just look at you like oh gosh you again… what’s wrong with you now? And your like yes I’m here because there is something wrong !!!

I wouldn’t be keen on taking drugs that have been prescribed through guess work either.

Doctors guess work have got me into tricky situations before and they had spoken to me. This guess work has been done by someone who hasn't spoken to me and I believe the doctor that referred me thought I was being difficult so may not have actually told them everything.

It wouldn’t be intolerance to all insulin @rayray119 Just one type. I swapped insulin due to a number of problems, one of which was stomach issues (I thought it was IBS). The insulins that usually cause problems are the analogues.

Yep a bit of trial and error and there is always a solution. Ooh @Inka what’s an analogue ? See my DN offered to change my insulin but it’s seems to be both by glargine and novorapid. It’s when I use either so in my head I keep thinking I shouldn’t be taking any lol

They started back in march really so after . no diet change I just eat and dose for it. I'm going to ring the dependmeny today and say it's not fair to offer a an appointment snd then cancel it and wouldn't have even know about it had I not been looking it up. And it's actually important to speak to mr to find out my background first before deciding on dianogisoed and treement because there's another reason why one of those medication might not be suitable one of them is actually an a antidepressant which I already taken another sort of.
Which medication are you worried about affecting your blood sugars? Is it the amitryptaline? It’s a very common drug and many many diabetics take it safely for the complications of diabetes.

Which medication are you worried about affecting your blood sugars? Is it the amitryptaline? It’s a very common drug and many many diabetics take it safely for the complications of diabetes.
Yeah it's just something that the NHS website said it has an impact and also it's an antidepressant and I already take another sort of that and I believe I saw they can interfere with each other.

Yep a bit of trial and error and there is always a solution. Ooh @Inka what’s an analogue ? See my DN offered to change my insulin but it’s seems to be both by glargine and novorapid. It’s when I use either so in my head I keep thinking I shouldn’t be taking any lol
ah your both your insulin the same band mine are so many so maybe its a issue with the band of insullin.

It’s a modified human insulin and is, in fact, not technically insulin at all - hence the term ‘analogue’. There’s a lot of ignorance about insulins. I always say “Newer isn’t always better”. Most HCPs assume newer insulins are best for everyone, but they’re quite simply not. A small percentage of people have problems with them: gastric problems, brain fog, muscle and joint aches mainly.

It’s a modified human insulin and is, in fact, not technically insulin at all - hence the term ‘analogue’. There’s a lot of ignorance about insulins. I always say “Newer isn’t always better”. Most HCPs assume newer insulins are best for everyone, but they’re quite simply not. A small percentage of people have problems with them: gastric problems, brain fog, muscle and joint aches mainly.
where do novorapid and livermir stand in terms and newest? my underdtanding is there not really that new. but i do know there both made by novo nordisk so maybeybe thats sometime to think about. in fect i just took insullin and started feeling breathless(now that might be my heyfever and just a covicdence)

where do novorapid and livermir stand in terms and newest? my underdtanding is there not really that new. but i do know there both made by novo nordisk so maybeybe thats sometime to think about. in fect i just took insullin and started feeling breathless(now that might be my heyfever and just a covicdence)

Well if there is as small percentage I’m defo gonna be in that… story of my life !
See I’ve had lower tummy pain for many years (before D) I started on insulin and reflux, twisting intestines and bloating were horrendous. I was sent for loads of scans which show PC syndrome so they said yep that’s what it will be. Was operated on for that, but every single time I use insulin after about a week of having it in my system I have to come of it because of gastric complaints, I have a few weeks off then try again, happens every time! I sort of convinced myself that I must be type 2 and already have too much insulin and adding to it is making it worse.. but then why don’t other type 2’s get this when they take insulin. Honestly my body hates me

i dont have my next appointment with my nurse until October they pushed my fequcaay because i was doing well lay back because i was doing well.

I have this a lot, feel like my lungs are squished. I think it’s gastro related for me. Or maybe i stressed you out with the intolerance to insulin stuff. Which I hope I didn’t x

Well if there is as small percentage I’m defo gonna be in that… story of my life !
See I’ve had lower tummy pain for many years (before D) I started on insulin and reflux, twisting intestines and bloating were horrendous. I was sent for loads of scans which show PC syndrome so they said yep that’s what it will be. Was operated on for that, but every single time I use insulin after about a week of having it in my system I have to come of it because of gastric complaints, I have a few weeks off then try again, happens every time! I sort of convinced myself that I must be type 2 and already have too much insulin and adding to it is making it worse.. but then why don’t other type 2’s get this when they take insulin. Honestly my body hates me
oh my doctors keep foncuisng on my diabetes its fusterting even like on two ocussions was like "oh type 1 diabettic stommich pain better checked its not DKA" em yeah pretty sure i wouldn't be be alive right now if it was that and had been goimg swince march.

I have this a lot, feel like my lungs are squished. I think it’s gastro related for me. Or maybe i stressed you out with the intolerance to insulin stuff. Which I hope I didn’t x
it was 5 units which i really really take all at once.
could you be okat with one angonlog insullin are not another apartartly novo rapid and livermier are both anglogs and other anoglogs are tribirbia lantus and humalog.

Novorapid and Levemir are both insulin analogues. They might not be super-new now but they’re still in the newer group and still have the potential to cause issues for a small number of people.

However, if you ask to go on to an older type of insulin, HCPs will insist newer is better and you’ll have a fight on your hands. That’s what I meant. It’s ignorance. Different insulins suit different people. Just because something is new doesn’t automatically mean it’s better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back