Type 1 and another autoimmune condattioms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve had a quick look back through my results as I know I was checked for Addisons at some point, but sadly the NHS app list of results isn’t searchable, and I can’t find the reference range that was used.

A local trust lists >350nmol/L 8-10am as excluding insufficiency.

The lab in Exeter suggests >320.

Not sure if @Pumper_Sue has anything to add as she has experience with Addisons
Yeah I know guidelines are looking for under 500 to require further testing. But my results above say normal I'd between 166 to 507 so it seems quite a big difference to me

Attachments

• received_841801887189021.jpeg
    received_841801887189021.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 5
Sorry to butt in guys but i attached some of my results .. not sure what this means take it it’s not good after reading this lol :confused:

Attachments

• 23D701E0-E10B-4E03-9D52-AC1C92F80076.jpeg
    23D701E0-E10B-4E03-9D52-AC1C92F80076.jpeg
    10.5 KB · Views: 14
@rayray119 , just read the whole of this thread, what a lot you have had to deal with. I was wondering if any of the symptoms have eased. I hope the pain in your sides and stomach have calmed down as living in constant pain isnt fun.

I wanted to mention that some of the pain could indeed be IBS, as a fellow sufferer since the age of 19, I had terrible pain and was investigated for appendicitis amongst other things. I used to frequent the loo 12 times a day. I tried antispasmodic, Buscapan but didnt get on with it. I have discovered though that the cause may be in my case associated with sugar levels as since cutting down on carbs I havent had any more attacks and no more pain (except for some back ache which I think is something entirely different, possibly old age 🙂 )

I just wanted to come on and offer support and let you know people are listening to you and interested in you getting better, this thread started in April so you have sufferred a long time with this pain. I hope you get to the bottom of it and some relief.

x

@rayray119 , just read the whole of this thread, what a lot you have had to deal with. I was wondering if any of the symptoms have eased. I hope the pain in your sides and stomach have calmed down as living in constant pain isnt fun.

I wanted to mention that some of the pain could indeed be IBS, as a fellow sufferer since the age of 19, I had terrible pain and was investigated for appendicitis amongst other things. I used to frequent the loo 12 times a day. I tried antispasmodic, Buscapan but didnt get on with it. I have discovered though that the cause may be in my case associated with sugar levels as since cutting down on carbs I havent had any more attacks and no more pain (except for some back ache which I think is something entirely different, possibly old age 🙂 )

I just wanted to come on and offer support and let you know people are listening to you and interested in you getting better, this thread started in April so you have sufferred a long time with this pain. I hope you get to the bottom of it and some relief.

x
No unfortunately I'm actually getting more symptoms as time goes so pretty sure something's up. Even though the doctor I saw last claimed they look everywhere they actually only every. tested for things when mine when i mettioned them. I can safety say it's not apenntitus though as that was removed 10 years ago.

I have heard about panretic exrontic infusuifity mettoned. Here and have done a little bit of research and wondered if it could be that and not sure thats been looked into (I mean I wouldn't be surprised as my pancreas already half doesn't work(as in it doesn't make insulin)

The pancreas can cause discomfort and pain, I had a friend who was being investigated for so long, it turned out to be her pancreas that was causing all her issues. I would have thought with being diabetic you would have had tests and scans for that anyway though. I had a blood test and scan that showed I have a fatty pancreas, so it matches my liver but I am OK with the blood test results and no pain. If they need prompting and you suspect pancreas issues, ask for a test to put your mind at rest. x

Sorry to butt in guys but i attached some of my results .. not sure what this means take it it’s not good after reading this lol :confused:
Oh this interstying maybe the guidelines has been updated since the nice guidelines I put above. But if I go off up the reference range my results say I am only under the upper limit so wondering if that can indercate something. I just realised your in the same county as me and have had trobue getting to bollton. Of things as well

The pancreas can cause discomfort and pain, I had a friend who was being investigated for so long, it turned out to be her pancreas that was causing all her issues. I would have thought with being diabetic you would have had tests and scans for that anyway though. I had a blood test and scan that showed I have a fatty pancreas, so it matches my liver but I am OK with the blood test results and no pain. If they need prompting and you suspect pancreas issues, ask for a test to put your mind at rest. x
Ive had a utrasound but it wouldn't show weather my panrcus is making enough digestive enzymes apartlly the condition I mentioned above requires a stool test.

Oh this interstying maybe the guidelines has been updated since the nice guidelines I put above. But if I go off up the reference range my results say I am only under the upper limit so wondering if that can indercate something. I just realised your in the same county as me and have had trobue getting to bollton. Of things as well
Well at 674 my cortisol is well and truly over but I don’t know what it means? I’ve brought it up with a couple of professionals but they don’t seem bothered about it. I’ve had an awful lot of tummy troubles but as I’ve had 4 babies and I’d say around 8 stomach surgeries, I’m told everything is scar tissue. Unfortunately the only way I have been listened to is by paying private and to be honest I never got much further forward doing that !

Well at 674 my cortisol is well and truly over but I don’t know what it means? I’ve brought it up with a couple of professionals but they don’t seem bothered about it. I’ve had an awful lot of tummy troubles but as I’ve had 4 babies and I’d say around 8 stomach surgeries, I’m told everything is scar tissue. Unfortunately the only way I have been listened to is by paying private and to be honest I never got much further forward doing that !
Yeah I would have done that by now if I could afford but unfortunately I can't

How do you get a cortisol test, thats the stress hormone isnt it? I wondered about that myself as I have insomnia and wondered if as a result this level would be increased. What does a cortisol level show? I mean what conditions do they test it for please x

How do you get a cortisol test, thats the stress hormone isnt it? I wondered about that myself as I have insomnia and wondered if as a result this level would be increased. What does a cortisol level show? I mean what conditions do they test it for please x
There is good explanation on the NHS web site if you choose that in your Google search.

I just asked my doctor's to check for Addison's decide and they said they would do a cortisol and electronic test but wouldn't do any of other things.

What does a cortisol level show? I mean what conditions do they test it for please x
If your cortisol isn't in range it interested s problem with your aderials glands

Not eating yet and it's 16.3 so wait until the correction I just did I need to increase my day time livermer as well so I'll do that morning. Also had to call the police about something I waitesneas which isn't going to help.
Well I posted this in the wrong theard

Well trying to get another appointment with my doctor's to discuss more things (there probably getting fed up with me now though) but stuck on provision 14(well just changed to 13) so can see all the appointments going by the time i get though) and can't just go down there and ask because my surgery work in a different way.

Well trying to get another appointment with my doctor's to discuss more things (there probably getting fed up with me now though) but stuck on provision 14(well just changed to 13) so can see all the appointments going by the time i get though) and can't just go down there and ask because my surgery work in a different way.
Before I moved house my surgery was directly opposite my house and I would just walk in and book an appointment which was definitely quicker than hanging on the line. Can’t do that at most places now though unfortunately

Before I moved house my surgery was directly opposite my house and I would just walk in and book an appoint an lookment which was definitely quicker than hanging on the line. Can’t do that at most places now though unfortunately
I did managed to get appointment. It is dowm my street and tryed to get an appointment that way but they use a call centre apartmently and don't book appointments at the fount desk the only way is by phone.

Wasn't sure where to post this

So something been wrong with me for the past month now. Doctors plus a trip to a and e while on holiday yesterday(its was that bad) can't work out. I know some other auto immune conditions you can more likely to develop with type 1 diabeties(aparttly I should have been tested for cerlic diasese at diagnosis but dont know if I was,). I was just wondering if anyone else had experience of any other auto immune conditions?
I was diagnosed with type 1 in 2020 after previously being diagnosed as type 2 in 2017, due to the presence of antibodies, indicating that my diabetes is in fact autoimmune. Not long afterwards I was also diagnosed with autoimmune hypothyroidism and am now taking Levothyroxine. The endocrine system is very complex and it's not entirely known why we suddenly develop autoimmune conditions.

Having said that, I do suspect that genetics plays a role, as my sister also has had thyroid issues in the past. She recently had thyroid cancer and had it removed, but before that she did have hypothyroidism also, and was on high dose thyroxine injections because her body just would not absorb it. Also her eldest daughter has type 1 diabetes. My mother, however, has none of the problems myself and my sister have, yet I still think they came from her, but it seems to skip a generation. My sister is my mam's eldest and I am the youngest. Both myself and my sister have similar problems whereas my brother - who is the middle child - has none.

I was diagnosed with type 1 in 2020 after previously being diagnosed as type 2 in 2017, due to the presence of antibodies, indicating that my diabetes is in fact autoimmune. Not long afterwards I was also diagnosed with autoimmune hypothyroidism and am now taking Levothyroxine. The endocrine system is very complex and it's not entirely known why we suddenly develop autoimmune conditions.

Having said that, I do suspect that genetics plays a role, as my sister also has had thyroid issues in the past. She recently had thyroid cancer and had it removed, but before that she did have hypothyroidism also, and was on high dose thyroxine injections because her body just would not absorb it. Also her eldest daughter has type 1 diabetes. My mother, however, has none of the problems myself and my sister have, yet I still think they came from her, but it seems to skip a generation. My sister is my mam's eldest and I am the youngest. Both myself and my sister have similar problems whereas my brother - who is the middle child - has none.
Yes my type 1 is differently gernatic based because not long after being diagnosed I found my greatdad and all his brothers had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back