Type 1 and another autoimmune condattioms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update to this. Ultrasound scan didn't pick up anything so I went back to doctors today. I managed to get them to argue to test something to get more of idea if it gastritis (that's going to take at least to two weeks as I need to be off the tablets presibrbed for two weeks for it work other wise it will get flase negative and form he was saying it sounded like the tablets should have helped by now) some might say I'm being a bit too president but If is something they can do to get more of a idea they I want done it after being flasly diagnosed with things in past I've got a celiac test booked for the 11th but have asked to be contacted to ask to be contacted if there are cancellations before then. And I've just remembered about walk in blood tests as well.

Last edited:
I agree with the earlier posts that you seem to be intentionally cryptic. What have you just remembered about walks?

Sorry I edited to say to walk in blood tests(it's differently not intentionally that was just a missed out word it's diffinatlly not intentionall(it fact I would never preposelly misled people or cause issues it was just simply I a case of missed out words. ) I'm started to feel a bit cirtized now which I'm sure isn't peoples intentions but that's how it comes across sometimes(so it can work both ways)

I understand, I was critisising you for being cryptic, but you were being cryptic as none of the rest of your post mentioned going for walks. Even though you’ve edited it to remembering about walk in blood tests it’s still cryptic as I don’t have any idea what you’ve remembered about those or how it relates to the rest of your post or what your question is

I hope I can continue to post on here without causing fustetsation and then in tern feeling bad as that's not what I joined for(I hope no one takes this the wrong way and feels like I'm cirtizing them as sometimes it appears it's come across on here as the opposite of who I am

Update to this. Ultrasound scan didn't pick up anything so I went back to doctors today. I managed to get them to argue to test something to get more of idea if it gastritis (that's going to take at least to two weeks as I need to be off the tablets presibrbed for two weeks for it work other wise it will get flase negative and form he was saying it sounded like the tablets should have helped by now) some might say I'm being a bit too president but If is something they can do to get more of a idea they I want done it after being flasly diagnosed with things in past I've got a celiac test booked for the 11th but have asked to be contacted to ask to be contacted if there are cancellations before then. And I've just remembered about walk in blood tests as well.
You have mentioned having a test for Coeliac but some of the symptoms you have been mentioning sound quite like Crohn's disease which is also an autoimmune condition and there are test you could have to rule that out.

I hope they get to the bottom of things asap @rayray119. Dealing with doctors can be really frustrating sometimes! And it doesn’t help that there’s a backlog after Covid.

I understand, I was critisising you for being cryptic, but you were being cryptic as none of the rest of your post mentioned going for walks. Even though you’ve edited it to remembering about walk in blood tests it’s still cryptic as I don’t have any idea what you’ve remembered about those or how it relates to the rest of your post or what your question is
It's not a question at all i was simply given people an update. I mean walk in blood tests that my hospital I forgot about theses things before I've have tried to explain things are not intentionally and I'm doing my best to make things I've downloaded gammerly(unfounttly using voice direction doesn't help I've actually tried it on my phone but it doesn't work as well as it does on a laptop and I don't have one right now(it's currently with my dad and he's trying to see if he can fix it) can I ask you poitelly not crisize me(I did explain further up things arnt intentionally) I don't want to get put off using this forum as it has differlty helped so far at down times at all that)

You have mentioned having a test for Coeliac but some of the symptoms you have been mentioning sound quite like Crohn's disease which is also an autoimmune condition and there are test you could have to rule that out.
Thank you I'll ask for that as well. I want to get tested decided this is as it will be worth that testing for anyway given my sister is. But I differently try and ask be tested for Crohn's deciase as well. Thanks for the sujustion.

I hope they get to the bottom of things asap @rayray119. Dealing with doctors can be really frustrating sometimes! And it doesn’t help that there’s a backlog after Covid.
Thank I'm starting to worry that I'm being too persistent and the doctor's think I'm trying to do there jobs for them.

I think there are just somethings which are quite hard to diagnose because symptoms can come and go and can change over time so worth being persistent.
Sometimes it is a bit like an intermittent fault on the washing machine, it never happens when the engineer comes out, so you never get it fixed until you get a gem of chap who will say, Ah yes, the fact that it is intermittent is diagnostic of the such and such being faulty.

I think there are just somethings which are quite hard to diagnose because symptoms can come and go and can change over time so worth being persistent.
Sometimes it is a bit like an intermittent fault on the washing machine, it never happens when the engineer comes out, so you never get it fixed until you get a gem of chap who will say, Ah yes, the fact that it is intermittent is diagnostic of the such and such being faulty.
That's exactly what happened when I had happened 10 years ago when I had apentius in out of doctors and hospitals for 2 months(luckily it was gumblering apentius and not sudden apentius (still could gotten pretty serious though) with all sorts of ideas thrown at me until one doctor took one look at me and said "has anyone checked your appendix" to which I replied "no" then she sent me to steight to hostpiaal with a letter saying what to look for. And indeed it was.

Managed to get a blood test done for
Coeliac disease so should get the results next week.

Well looks like I was right to ask for a test of what they originally assumed it was(gastritis) because I just did that test(had to be off tablets for two weeks before doing it in order for it to work probably) and it came back negative (why do doctors just make assumptions ) So back to square one

So update on all update on all of this. I was supposed to have a apoimement on Wednesday with a gasnogolist on Wednesday but it got cancelled saying I didn't need it(I personally don't think this is very fair if they didn't think I needed it why let me book it and I wouldn't have even known about had I not been looking at the NHS app) and decided it's IBS which it may well be but at the same time I'm not sure I'm willing to accept a diagnosis of someone whos never even seen or spoken to me. I'm going have ring the hospital tomorrow and enquire about this canceled appointment.

Sorry to hear that @rayray119. Are your symptoms ongoing ? Which symptoms bother you the most ?

Last edited:
Sorry to here that @rayray119. Are your symptoms ongoing ? Which symptoms bother you the most ?
Stomach pain(and things acossutited it with it) I get side pain sometimes. Sometimes feel really sick. I can get Archy and tired as well 2 days before I got letter I decided to a low fodmap diet my sister suggested this t and then decided to stop until the appointment because I didn't want to meas up any test they decided to does I might of well carried on with it and maybe it would have improved things by now.

This is what said to the end of the note to my doctor's

" I would trial her with diet +/- antispasmodics +/- low dose amitriptyline; If these measures do not help please let us know.;"

But looking it up one of them. Has an impact on blood surfers so I diffeitlly need to change a get in fouuntbof the consultant because it sounds like the doctor hasnt been given all the details.and the medication advised isnt sutaible.

I know how horrible it can be when your stomach is in constant agony. Can I ask when your problems started, before or after diagnosis, had your diet changed dramatically x

I know how horrible it can be when your stomach is in constant agony. Can I ask when your problems started, before or after diagnosis, had your diet changed dramatically x
They started back in march really so after . no diet change I just eat and dose for it. I'm going to ring the dependmeny today and say it's not fair to offer a an appointment snd then cancel it and wouldn't have even know about it had I not been looking it up. And it's actually important to speak to mr to find out my background first before deciding on dianogisoed and treement because there's another reason why one of those medication might not be suitable one of them is actually an a antidepressant which I already taken another sort of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back