The Pumpers Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good though tracey least it aint risen, wish my ldl and hdl was that good hehe.

p.s nice to see the thread ressurected

hope the cold shifts soon for you , colds are terrors with peoples numbers x

thanks, I put it down to Benecol spread Steff. Used it over a year now and chl gone down from 5 😱

Hiya Tracey

Great results all round. 7.3 % is perfectly adequate if you have been ill and things. Jessica's is in a couple of weeks and she was 7.8 last time and I know she has gone up, we have had a month, out of the three, of bad high readings. Not looking forward to the result.

Nice to see the thread back again. I miss it from the sticky, I don't look here really at all now.

🙂

I've gone dairy free and my cholesterol is 5.4 (I think and the bad bit is 3.9 and supposed to be under 3.0) so can't have that butter. I am trying to have olive oil and fish !

My mum's cholesterol went from 6.9 to 5.1 purely with her sorting out her diet. Now bearing in mind my mum had a BMI of about 18.0 and was relatively healthy but didn't eat huge amounts, she is very black and white and went to eating pretty much nothing. She refused to take statins and lost 1/2 stone, she is down to 7 1/2 stone, BMI of 16 and she is 5' 6" so whilst her cholesterol is ok ish (she wants it to go down to 4.0) the rest of her is not good now. Its ridiculous. She went to the docs to ask what she could eat and he was less than helpful !!!!

Good hba1c Tracey! I must admit i have missed this thread, its not the same with all the different headings. Perhaps now we are all on pumps we just dont need the same amount of input as we did when on injections as this pumping section has gone very quiet!:confused:🙂Bev

I think it is because we have all....gradulated now??! 🙂 Im not entirely sure!

Just to say hi and I miss the thread too......Im still excited about my new HbA1c for the first time in my diabetes life there is an improvement! But I suspect I need to revisit this thread for more tips as I need another 0.7% off which is going to be harder....

Do you know what is even weirder......we are all approaching a summer-ish one year pump birthday 🙂 Perhaps I may choose to celebrate this one now instead of my D-day 🙂

I think it is because we have all....gradulated now??! 🙂 Im not entirely sure!

Just to say hi and I miss the thread too......Im still excited about my new HbA1c for the first time in my diabetes life there is an improvement! But I suspect I need to revisit this thread for more tips as I need another 0.7% off which is going to be harder....

Do you know what is even weirder......we are all approaching a summer-ish one year pump birthday 🙂 Perhaps I may choose to celebrate this one now instead of my D-day 🙂

I like the pump birthday idea Lou - much nicer than remembering diagnosis day! I miss everyone on here and where is Patricia?:DBev

Im not sure where she is, I PM'd her some while back now just to say HI but havent heard....she is probably jet-setting somewhere 😉

...also I think I meant to say "graduated" not gradulated!

How are you at uploading? I would love to see what the flames look like ont he pump iif alex has that skin on! 🙂

Hi everyone

My son's dsn came to visit last week to do his hba1c (she comes to our house between the 6 monthly clinic appointments) so that we do his hba1c three monthly.
She brought with her a new Veo with the updated software. We had already had a new and updated one in December (so a bit ahead of many others). But when we checked the software version on the one she had brought it said version 2.5 so we swapped to it as his current one was version 2.2 (his original Veo that had the fault was something like version 1.1). So we are on our third pump.
What version have all you Veo wearers got? 🙂

Mand x

Hi Mand,
Alex is on his second pump and it says its the 2.5 version. I wonder why your 2nd one said 2.2? How odd.🙂Bev

I presume the 2.5 version is what I'll be getting my hands on in fifteen days time? Latest and greatest and all that.

Tom

I presume the 2.5 version is what I'll be getting my hands on in fifteen days time? Latest and greatest and all that.

Tom

Tom, if i were you i would ring your team and ask them to check it. They have to turn the pump on and the info is there. They will probably have had it delivered by now so should be able to check it. If it isnt the 2.5 they would have enough time to change it as normally they can get it to you in a couple of days. I bet your feeling excited now arent you?🙂

Tom, if i were you i would ring your team and ask them to check it. They have to turn the pump on and the info is there. They will probably have had it delivered by now so should be able to check it. If it isnt the 2.5 they would have enough time to change it as normally they can get it to you in a couple of days. I bet your feeling excited now arent you?🙂

Going mental waiting for it. My training session for it is in three days. Roll on Wednesday. Then two weeks on Monday I go live with it.

I'll use my tea break and go and see them on Monday to ask about it. Good thing working int he same hospital as the people who treat you!

Tom

Hi everyone

My son's dsn came to visit last week to do his hba1c (she comes to our house between the 6 monthly clinic appointments) so that we do his hba1c three monthly.
She brought with her a new Veo with the updated software. We had already had a new and updated one in December (so a bit ahead of many others). But when we checked the software version on the one she had brought it said version 2.5 so we swapped to it as his current one was version 2.2 (his original Veo that had the fault was something like version 1.1). So we are on our third pump.
What version have all you Veo wearers got? 🙂

Mand x

Hey Mand, hows it going?

Thats unbelieveable! To think you had been given in the inerim and not told- crazy days?!

I just checked mine, it says "VER 2.5A 1.1 OB OB" I wonder what that means? I put it to the floor for speculation!

Are you chasing me Mand? I am also on my third pump in not so long....!🙂

xx

Hope thats the right version to be on- I am not swapping this baby! 🙂

Hi everyone

Well it sounds like we are now all on the same version. Phew! Fancy them not telling me i had an interim version? Mind you, we had no problems with it but i now happy to know we are fully up to date.

Yes Lou, together we are getting through these pumps! :D

xx

pumpers - i have a really stupid question for you. i thought i knew the answer, but i've just read something that bev said that really confused me!!

so you have your pump and your CGM (i know not everyone has a CGM, but work with me). it was my understanding that they did not 'talk' to each other - that the CGM transmitted the results to something else. i thought that if they spoke to each other per se, then that is a closed loop/artificial pancreas thing?? but bev said that their pump suspended when it detected a reading of 2.9. so now i'm confused?? do they talk to each other? do you have to set it to suspend at a certain level?

argh my brain hurts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back